For most of home theaters, the owner’s first priority is upgrading their Soundbar. It is a nice option from where you can start upgrading your home theater system if you really want to upgrade it. If you add a soundbar to your TV, it will make your TV deliver the sound via the Soundbar, which is louder than the built-in speaker. If you have limited space, so you do not add a subwoofer to your home theater system. Finding a good quality soundbar that does not come with a bulky subwoofer can be hard but don’t worry, we will do that for you.
So what are the best soundbars without subwoofers?
Finding the perfect Soundbar for your home theater system mostly depends on your personal test. Still, there are many options available that can attract you to them and kill your time. So to help you to save time, we are here with a list of the 11 best soundbars without external subwoofers. We hope this list will be very helpful for you to find the best Soundbar for you.
If you are in a rush, you can check out the 11 best soundbars without subwoofers on amazon by using the following links.
- Bose Soundbar 700
- Sonos Playbar
- Samsung 3.0 – HW-MS650
- VIZIO SB3820-C6
- Yamaha YAS-108
- TaoTronics TT-SK023
- MEGACRA S6520
- Sonos Beam
- ZVOX SB500
- Bose Solo 5
- RIF6 Soundbar
1. Bose Soundbar 700
Bose is a very well-known manufacture. They are famous because of their high-quality audio products. The Bose Soundbar 700 (on Amazon) is one of their production. It also comes with the same quality.
The Bose Soundbar 700 comes with included four mid-range drivers and a single-center channel driver. This Soundbar is designed using Bose’s proprietary engineering. It comes with a low profile, and it can provide you with exceptional clarity without having a heavy outer shell. Virtually eliminating distortion because of their “QuietPort Technology” and accurate direction of sound through “PhaseGuide,” with the Bose Soundbar 700, the listeners can enjoy a full range of tones and sounds.
The Bose Soundbar 700 comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wireless connection. It also has many kinds of input ports and connectivity. It is compatible with smart home devices like Alexa and Google Assistant. The Soundbar 700 is actually a 2.0 channel bar. You can command it with your voice as well as the remote also.
- It has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Compatible with Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant for voice control services.
- Distortion is reduced by Bose’s QuietPort Technology.
- PhaseGuide Technologies help the Soundbar to ensure the sound is optimized and directionally accurate.
- A wide amount of sound technologies is supported. It includes Dolby and DTS series inputs.
- Easily compatible with other Bose products, this is upgradable from a 2.0 soundbar to a 5.1 full surround sound system.
- Good build quality, so it will really last for a long time.
- Very easy to set up.
- It does not come will all the HDMI ports.
- The sound can be a little bit distorted in larger rooms.
- Only upgradable to a full surround sound system by using Bose products.
The Bose Soundbar 700 weighs 10.5 lbs. you can easily keep it on your entertainment center or mount it on a wall. For this, you will need a kit that you have to buy separately.
The Bose Soundbar 700 measures 2.25-inches high x 38.5-inches wide x 4.25-inches deep.
The Bottom Line:
The Bose Soundbar 700 is a higher-end product. It is a great solution for the people who want to upgrade their home theater audion but do not want to buy a full surround sound system.
2. Sonos Playbar
Sonos is another very well-known audio products manufacturer. The Sonos Playbar (on Amazon) is one of their earlier models. Still, it has the potential to be on the Top 11 list.
The Sonos Playbar comes with nine dedicated speaker drivers. It also has matching class D amplifiers. Six of the drivers help the Soundbar to deliver mid-range sounds, and the remaining three tweeters help with phased sounds, matching actions so that you can get a flawless audio output.
It is compatible with Wi-Fi. It also supports streaming services, and you can even control it from your phone through the Sonos App. this Soundbar supports Dolby technology; besides, it also has two Ethernet ports so that you can make a more reliable connection.
- The sound profile is so well-balanced, and it helps to create a surround sound environment.
- Controlled easily through the Sonos App.
- “Speech Enhancement” mode and self-tuning help the Soundbar to deliver a crystal clear sound no matter what is going on in the background.
- Upgradable from a 2.0 channel soundbar to a fully 5.1 surround sound system using compatible Sonos products.
- The central speaker produces exceptional dialogue.
- Easy to set up.
- Does not include full HDMI input.
- Does not support DTS technology.
- Does not include Bluetooth connectivity.
You can mount The Sonos Playbar on the wall if you want. It weighs only 11.9 pounds.
The Sonos Playbar measures 3.35-inches high x 35.43-inches wide x 5.51-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
Though it is an older model, it really comes with a high build quality. And it packs plenty of punch with little user effort required.
- The mountable soundbar for TV, movies, music, and more
- Enjoy crisp dialogue and impressive bass from wall to wall with Playbar. Control it with the Sonos app, your remote, and more
- Whether you mount it on the wall or place it below your TV on a stand or console, Playbar automatically tunes itself for the best possible sound
- Playbar was specially tuned by Oscar-winning sound engineers to emphasize the sound of the human voice so you can always follow the story
- Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over WiFi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together
3. Samsung 3.0 – HW-MS650
The Samsung HW-MS650 is one of Samsung’s latest production. Though Samsung is one of the top leading consumer electronics industries, they are relatively new to the audio world. However, the Samsung HW-MS650 (on Amazon) comes with great specifications. It is a 3.0-channel system that also includes a 4K-capable HDMI loop-through system.
The Samsung HW-M650 has both optical and auxiliary inputs, but it does not come with additional optional HDMI inputs, so you can only connect one audio source via wire to the device at a time. You will be happy to know that you can stream music or video services to the Soundbar because it comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
The HW-M650 is a 9-speaker soundbar. Every speaker has its own driver. It also comes with distortion canceling technology so that you can get clear and true sound output. You can stream sound from any place in the house by using Samsung’s Multi-room App. It is also compatible with Alexa voice control. So you can easily control it hand-free. It also auto-powers down if it does not receive any signal for 5 minutes which is very helpful for saving power.
- Clear sound output, including rich bass tones, it has Samsung’s distortion canceling technology.
- Comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity and allows you to stream online, compatible with Alexa voice control, and more.
- Easy to set it up. You will have your Soundbar mounted and running quickly, just don’t mount it upside down.
- Not compatible with Dolby Atmos.
- The HW-M650 is heavier and a little bulkier than other soundbars currently available on the market.
The Samsung HW-M650 weighs 13.67 lbs. you can mount it on the wall. It also comes with a built-in VESA mounting system which is not available in most soundbars. For this feature, you will not need anything without screws to mount the Soundbar.
It measures 3.07-inches high x 41.73-inches wide x 5.14-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a branded soundbar that delivers the true sound, you can check out the Samsung 3.0 HW-M650.
4. VIZIO SB3820-C6
VIZIO is another well-known brand. The SB3820-C6 is one of their audio products. It has many connectivity options for input, including USB, 3.5mm, stereo RCA, coaxial, and digital optical ports. It can deliver 100 dB sound, which is suitable for any room. The VIZIO SB3820-C6 (on Amazon) is compatible with Dolby Digital. It is also compatible with DTS Studio Sound, DTS TruVolume, and DTS TruSurround frequencies. The SB3820-C6 also comes with the VIZIO’s deep bass technology so that it can produce sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion.
It comes with built-in Bluetooth connectivity so you can stream music online. It is a 2.0 channel soundbar, and you can also pair it with other audio components as part of your home theater surround sound system if you want.
- Comes with a compact and minimalistic design.
- The pricing is affordable, and it offers quality sound.
- Includes two 2.75-inch full-range drivers.
- Control is limited.
The VIZIO SB3820-C6 weighs 5.75 lbs. and it is also can be wall-mounted or set on an entertainment center.
It measures 3-inches high x 38-inches wide x 3-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
The VIZIO SB3820-C6 can really deliver quality sound and features with affordable pricing.
5. Yamaha YAS-108
Yamaha is a great manufacturer. They do not design their soundbars to look stylish. They build them to function exceptionally. Now we are going to talk about the Yamaha YAS-108 (on Amazon).
As with other soundbars on this list, it also does not come with any external subwoofer. But it comes with two built-in mini subwoofers so that you can get an accurate sound. Moreover, it has two speakers and two tweeters to give listeners the full range of audio tones to enjoy.
The Yamaha YAS-108 comes with Bluetooth connectivity, 4K technology. It comes with HDMI, digital optical, and stereo ports for input. It also has an HDMI ARC port for output as well. It is also compatible with DTS Visual, which is the DTS version of 3D surround sound.
- It allows for a dual Bluetooth connection.
- Provides a full range of sound that is quite impressive from a soundbar.
- Supports HDMI and 4K pass-through.
- Yamaha has no mobile app for control and easy integration of the YAS-108 till now.
- Design does not focus on stylishness.
The Yamaha YAS-108 weights 7.1 lbs only. It comes with built-in mounting hooks.
It measures 2.125-inches high x 35-inches wide x 5.125-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for something aesthetic, the Yamaha YAS-108 can be a great choice for you.
6. TaoTronics TT-SK023
The TaoTronics TT-SK023 (on Amazon) is from a manufacturer that is not as popular as previous manufacturers in this list, but still, it can deliver a quality sound. It is compatible with Bluetooth connectivity. And it comes with a standard audio cable, RCA, and optical input options. But you should remember that this Soundbar does not include any HDMI port, which is very important.
It has three different equalizer modes those are movie, game, and music modes. So you can select the mode as your test and enjoy the quality sound. Setting up this Soundbar is relatively easy. You can control it with the remote. The TT-SK023 is a suitable option for smaller places.
Sometimes when it is played at very high volumes, you may notice distortion and reverberation. This actually happens when used in larger spaces.
- Offers some equalizer modes, including movie, game, and music modes, to help boost sound accordingly.
- Bluetooth technology allows you to stream music or videos from your phone through the TT-SK023 wirelessly.
- Does not allow for HDMI use.
- Sound can be rough when played at higher volumes.
The TT-SK023 weighs only 3.9 pounds, and it comes with included wall mount kit.
The TaoTronics TT-SK023 measures 2.4-inches high x 31.5-inches wide x 2.4-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
Though it is not from a well-known brand, it still comes with good quality and affordable pricing. And it is suitable for smaller places.
7. MEGACRA S6520
The MEGACRA S6520 (on Amazon) is a good quality soundbar that comes with reasonable pricing. However, this Soundbar is not comparable with high-end products, like those from Bose and SONOS; it is still a great choice for people who have a limited budget.
The outer shell of this Soundbar is fully made out of plastic. It has two 3-inch full-range drivers and two 1-inch tweeters so that it can deliver crisp tones. The MEGACRA S6520 also comes with three equalizer modes: movie, music, and news so that you can enjoy the best quality sound. You can control the Soundbar with the included remote. It has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. It also has optical, RCA, Auxiliary inputs.
- The Soundbar has a built-in wall mount and a template that makes the mounting so easy.
- You can easily connect with it through wires or wirelessly.
- Good sound quality for such an inexpensive product.
- It has Bluetooth connectivity. So you can stream audio from your phone through your S6520.
- This Soundbar is not compatible with Dolby Digital sound.
- The shape is not as regular, which may be unfavorable for those looking for a sleek, modern casing.
The MEGACRA S6520 weighs only 6.9 pounds. It comes with a built-in mount.
It measures 4.1-inches high x 28-inches wide x 4.0-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
The MEGACRA S6520 is an affordable solution to sub-par television audio.
8. Sonos Beam
The Sonos Beam (on Amazon) is another soundbar from Sonos. It is smaller than the Sonos Playbar. It comes with five dedicated drivers. It is more upgraded than the Sonos Playbar. The Sonos Beam also has HDMI ARC connectivity which makes it more modern.
The Sonos Beam has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology so that you can control it with the Sonos App or voice control via Amazon Alexa. If you want to buy a soundbar now and upgrade it to a full home theater system, then you can buy the Sonos Beam because it can easily combine with other Sonos home theater products. As with other Sonos products, the beam is also not compatible with Dolby Atmos.
The Sonos Beam gives you the opportunity to connect directly to your Ethernet, which is a great feature. Most of the soundbars come with Wi-Fi compatibility but connecting directly to your Ethernet provides a much more stable connection in many places.
- It has HDMI ARC, Ethernet, WI-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- The sound quality is outstanding.
- Has a lot of features with a compact, sleek body.
- Vocal Enrichment mode helps to optimize dialogue outputs.
- Dolby Atmos is not supported.
- Without HDMI ARC, set-up can be more complicated.
The Sonos Beam weighs 6.35 lbs only. It can be mounted on the wall if you want.
The Sonos Beam measures 2.7-inches high x 25.6-inches wide x 3.9-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
The Sonos Beam really comes with many convenient features, and it can give you a quality sound.
9. ZVOX SB500
ZVOX is not a very well-known brand. However, they are making quality audio equipment for several years. The ZVOX SB500 (on Amazon) is one of their creation that also come with great quality.
The ZVOX SB500 has two built-in subwoofers so you can hear deep tones clearly. It also has class D digital amplifiers and three full-range speakers so it can deliver a well-rounded sound overall. It comes with the AccuVoice feature, and dialogue enhancement is automatic.
The ZVOX SB500 comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. So you can stream online music as well. Like several other soundbars, the SB500 also does not come with HDMI inputs.
- Bass is powerful and dynamic.
- The entire sound profile is so good, from the highest highs to the deepest lows.
- It does not have any HDMI connectivity.
- The SB500 is a little bit bulkier and heavier than most of the other soundbars on this list.
The ZVOX SB500 weighs in at 12.6 lbs. It can be kept on the wall, but it does not come with any included mount kit.
The ZVOX SB500 measures 5.7-inches high x 43.9-inches wide x 3.3-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
The ZVOX SB500 is a quality speaker which is comparable with several of the larger name brands without charging that much amount of money.
10. Bose Solo 5
Bose is a very famous audio equipment manufacturer. The Bose Solo 5 (on Amazon) is an affordable soundbar that can deliver a great quality sound.
The Solo 5 is a 2.0-channel soundbar. It comes with a compact, sleek design. Though the bass is better than your TV’s built-in speaker, it is not as well-rounded as that of the mid and high-range sounds are. This Soundbar is suitable for movies, audiobooks, and other such dialogue-centric formats. The solo five also can be connected to other Bose devices, and you can control it via the Bose mobile app. it also comes with an included remote. You can also control it with that remote as well.
- Comes with a universal remote that allows you to operate not just the Soundbar but also all of your instruments with just one controller.
- The included Remote is larger than most other soundbar controllers.
- Does not support DTS audio technology.
The Bose Solo 5 weighs only 3.7 lbs. you can also mount it on the wall. For that, you will need a kit that you have to buy additionally.
The Solo 5 measures are 2.6 inches long, 21.7 inches wide, and 3.2 inches deep.
The Bottom Line
If you like Bose products and you are looking for something compact, then you can check out the Solo 5.
11. RIF6 Soundbar
The RIF6 Soundbar (on Amazon) comes with HDMI ARC, auxiliary, RCA, and optical input ports. It also comes with built-in subwoofers. It can deliver a well-rounded sound that hits all the highs and lows as needed.
The RIF6 comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wireless connectivity. You can easily connect your phone or laptop and enjoy the streaming services. It comes with an included remote you can control the Soundbar with that. It has several audio modes so that you can select the mode that sounds perfect to you.
The RIF6 Soundbar also comes with built-in wall mount kits. So you will not need much hardware to install the speaker.
- The Built-in mounting brackets make it easy to install anywhere in your home theater.
- Built-in subwoofers help to increase your sound profile.
- Though the bass is better than your television’s speaker, it is not quite as great as some of the others on this list.
- At higher volumes, the sound may become muddled.
The RIF6 Soundbar weighs 5.85 lbs only. It comes with built-in wall mounts.
This Soundbar measures 2.75-inches high x 29.06-inches wide x 3.07-inches deep.
The Bottom Line
For people who are looking for a good quality soundbar with a limited budget, the RIF6 Soundbar will be a great choice. It can deliver quality sound, and the built-in features will help you to enhance your listening experience.
When you are looking for the perfect soundbar without a Subwoofer for you, then you will see that there are many options available, and you can be confused about which one will be the best for you.
In that case, we hope that our article on 10 Best Soundbars without Subwoofers in 2023. Actually, the right one for you will depend on your current technology, such as if you want to connect a smart home device (Alexa or google home) or have a 4K TV or not, your budget, your room, and your personal taste.
Whatever you choose and buy, you will really enjoy the simplicity of a soundbar without Subwoofer, and besides, you do not have to sacrifice sound quality.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
You May Also Like…
- The 6 Best Toyota Highlander Roof Boxes
- Can You Use HDMI Splitter On Fire TV Stick?
- What is HDMI Splitter? How Does HDMI Splitter Work?
- 10 Best Soundbars with Built In Subwoofers
- Where to Place Subwoofer with Soundbar: Subwoofer Placement
- Amplifier vs Receiver: Is Amplifier Same as Receiver?
Last update on 2023-12-07