Bose and Sonos are highly known brands in the market. You must have heard the name Bose SoundTouch 300 and Sonos Playbar because they are the highly-rated soundbars in the market. But both of the soundbars are similar. They have the same price, similar features, and almost the same reviews. In that case, while you would like to purchase a soundbar between these two, many questions arise in your mind.
What are the differences between the Bose SoundTouch 300 and Sonos Playbar? Which one of these will perform better? Which one of these will optimize your home theater?
Though there are many similarities between these two soundbars, there are also many differences between these two soundbars. The Bose SoundTouch 300 is built in order to be used with the latest technology, and the Sonos Playbar is designed to be a simple but high-quality soundbar. In that case, as far as technology progresses, the Bose SoundTouch 300 will come with the latest technology. The Bose SoundTouch 300 has an extremely wide sound stage, but it lacks deep bass.
On the other hand, the Sonos Playbar has a less wide sound stage, but it comes with better bass. The Sonos Playbar has only a basic HDMI output, and the Bose SoundTouch 300 was made to integrate with 4K TVs with the support of HDMI ARC. Though both of them are made to support Wi-Fi, one of them supports Bluetooth, and the other not. The Bose SoundTouch includes Bluetooth compatibility, but the Sonos Playbar doesn’t.
Both of the soundbars have a few advantages and disadvantages. When it comes to purchasing one of these two soundbars, you need to find your preferred one and complement your current or future home theater materials. Keep reading our article. You may find some interesting or find the solution to your problem.
Differences Between Sonos Playbar vs. Bose SoundTouch 300
As you know, both the Bose SoundTouch and the Sonos Playbar are very similar. They both have the capability of adding rear surround speakers and a wireless subwoofer. They both have a Wi-Fi function so that you can easily stream music from your favorite sites whenever you like. Though they have many similarities, they have many different features too.
Though there are many similarities between the Bose SoundTouch 300 and Sonos Playbar in ratings, price, quality, etc., there are differences in the design of these two soundbars. Though the Bose SoundTouch 300 is built in order to be used with the latest technology, it has some problems. There are no buttons on the soundbar. By chance, if you lose the remote of the soundbar, you will fall into a little bit of trouble.
The Sonos Playbar has touch control. So, you can easily play music, control volume, etc., by touch control as it has no remote you need to no worry about the remote losing case. The Bose SoundTouch is very wide. The wide of the Bose SoundTouch 300 is 97.9 cm. The TVs that come with 50-inches+ screen sizes are suitable for the Bose SoundTouch 300. On the contrary, the wide of the Sonos Playbar is 90 cm. In that case, it is made for 42-inches+ TVs.
There is a little bit of sound quality difference between these two soundbars. The Sonos Playbar comes with nine Class-D digital amplifier speakers that give a powerful sound. Among the nine speakers, six are mid-range speakers and three tweeters. The nine speakers of this soundbar give a wide sound stage. The Bose SoundTouch 300 crates a wide sound stage also.
The only sound quality difference between these two soundbars is the Bose SoundTouch 300 doesn’t provide a deep base quality.
When it comes to integrating with TV and speakers, you will find some differences between these two soundbars. The Bose SoundTouch 300 was made in order to hook up with a TV with the support of HDMI ARC. It allows 4K pass-through, Dolby Digital, and DTS decoding, and also it supports an optical digital connection. The 4K HDMI support is known as a great indicator. In that case, you will be able to use this soundbar for a long time.
On the contrary, with an audio output, the Sonos Playbar hooks up to the TV. The Sonos Playbar supports Dolby Digital and stereo. It is also compatible with all Sonos products, which are amplified or non-amplified.
The Sonos Playbar also comes with many features. It is a high-end soundbar. It has great sound quality, a wide range of features. You might have a great experience with your HD TV by using this soundbar. It also has a great design that will make people impressed.
The Sonos Playbar comes with nine digital amplified speakers. Among them, six are mid-range speakers, and the other three are tweeters. These nine speakers will provide you a great and cinematic sound.
The Sonos Playbar has a Wi-Fi system. You can easily connect the Playbar to Dot, Amazon Echo, and any Alexa-enabled device in order to stream your favorite music or movies. The Sonos Playbar comes with a universal remote so that you can control it with the remote. If you want to control the Playbar through the wireless connection, you need to install the Sonos app on your device.
The Sonos Playbar can be mounted on the wall or can lie on a flat surface. It has a two-cord setup. One is for the power cord, and the other is an optical input for the TV. It also has touch controls. If you lose the remote, you can easily control this Playbar by using this touch control.
It is compatible with Dolby Digital and stereo. It has night mode as well as speech enhancement options. For custom speaker-tuning, it has Trueplay software on its Sonos app.
The Sonos Playbar has many exquisite features. Its nine class-D speakers, which are amplified, are one the main and exquisite features. These nine speakers are able to give a wide sound stage. These speakers provide crystal clear sound with deep lows.
The utilization of this speaker is quite simple. Anyone can easily use this Playbar. It has many control systems. It has a remote, touch control system; you can also control this Playbar through Sonos app on your smart devices. You can easily stream and listen to what do you want, more than 30 music streaming services, audiobooks, etc.
Though the Sonos Playbar has HDMI ARC support, it is not the same as the Bose SoundTouch 300s HDMI ARC support. Its lack of HDMI ARC support is one of its biggest cons. This feature is very important. If you have a 4K TV or newer, you would like to have the best of this feature on your soundbar.
The Sonos Playbar doesn’t have Bluetooth compatibility. It can create a little bit frustrating. If anyone wants to connect their device to the Playbar, they need to install the app or control your Playbar, which is a little bit frustrating.
The Sonos Playbar is only compatible with amplified or non-amplified Sonos speakers. In that case, you will have to purchase the Sonos Sub or the Play speakers in order to create a 3.1 or 5.1 home theater system.
- Power supply: 50-60 Hz, AC 100-240 volts
- Dimensions and Body: 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 inches, Black, 11.9 lbs.
- Network: Wi-Fi
- Supported Audio Formats: Dolby Digital & stereo
- Connections: optical input
- Video Source Compatibility: HDMI
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Temperatures: Operating; 32 degrees-104 degrees Fahrenheit. Storage; 4 degrees-158 degrees Fahrenheit
The box includes Sonos Playbar, optical audio cable, quick start guide, AC power cord, warranty, and regulatory booklet.
- The mountable soundbar for TV, movies, music, and more
- Enjoy crisp dialogue and impressive bass from wall to wall with Playbar. Control it with the Sonos app, your remote, and more
- Whether you mount it on the wall or place it below your TV on a stand or console, Playbar automatically tunes itself for the best possible sound
- Playbar was specially tuned by Oscar-winning sound engineers to emphasize the sound of the human voice so you can always follow the story
- Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over WiFi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together
Bose SoundTouch 300
Though the Bose SoundTouch 300 is an older version of the SoundTouch line, it is a little bit cheaper than other SoundTouch and can provide the same high-quality sound that the Bose SoundTouch 700 provides. The Bose SoundTouch 300 can be used with the Bose products perfectly. Regardless, this soundbar has an intuitive design to be very attractive and provide clear and high-quality sound.
The Bose SoundTouch 300 comes with great features. Its design is one of its great features. It comes with a mesh front with input LEDs in the top corner and a tempered glass top. It is capable of being set upon on a surface and mounted on a wall. To achieve a wider sound stage, it uses PhaseGuide. It also has QuietPort that adds a bit of bass though it doesn’t provide deep bass. It has a Wi-Fi function that allows users to stream their favorite music from favorite music apps. As it has a Bluetooth system, it can connect to any speakers via Bluetooth. The SoundTouch 300 comes with HDMI ARC support which provides 4K pass-through, Dolby Digital, and DTS decoding. This soundbar has a limited warranty too.
The SoundTouch 300 has got many advantages. One of the biggest advantages is its physical and behind-the-scenes design. It has an extremely high-quality physical design. Though it has a slim structure, it is wide enough to work for TVs that are large. Behind the scenes, it has 4K HDMI support. With that, you can use this soundbar as long as you want.
As you the SoundTouch 300 has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth function, you can connect other devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It also supports Amazon Alexa. In that case, you can easily do anything through your voice.
The Bose SoundTouch 300 provides a clear and high-quality sound. If you are watching a movie or a basketball match or listening to your favorite music, you will be able to enjoy a surround sound system.
Though the Bose SoundTouch has many advantages, it has cons too. You know that the Bose SoundTouch 300 doesn’t provide a deep base, and it is one of the biggest cons. If you want a deep bass through this SoundTouch 300, you will need to consume money of nearly $1000 in order to add surround speakers and sub. But why you will spend that amount of money while you can find a similar quality soundbar at a little bit lesser than that.
Another disadvantage of SoundTouch 300 is its control system. It would be best if you controlled this soundbar through a remote. It has no button on itself. So, if you lose the remote, then you will fall into a little bit of trouble. There is also no headphone or 3.5 mm input connection.
- Body: Made with metal, glass, and plastic. Black
- Dimensions: 12.6 lbs., 4.2 x 38.5 x 2.2 inches
- Network: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and NFC (Near Field Communication)
- Supported Audio Formats: DTS decoder, Dolby Digital
- Connections: USB, subwoofer output, HDMI input, HDMI output with ARC support, SPDIF input
- Video Source Compatibility: 4K pass-through and HDMI
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
The box includes SoundTouch 300, 2 AAA batteries, power cord, HDMI cable, universal remote, ADAPTiQ headset, and optical cable.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- HDMI connectivity with 4K pass through brings your music, movies and TV shows to life. Supported audio formats : Dolby Digital, DTS
- Premium glass and metal grille make the soundbar look as good as it sounds. Video source compatibility: HDMI and 4K pass through
- Bluetooth with NFC pairing and Wi Fi technology let you stream music wirelessly, whichever way you prefer. Listen to music services like Amazon Music, Spotify and Pandora and your personal stored music
- Add optional Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module and Virtually Invisible 300 wireless surround speakers anytime for deeper bass and full on surround sound
Which Should You Choose?
Now you have a piece of crystal-clear information about the Bose SoundTouch 300 and Sonos Playbar. It is time to choose between these two soundbars. So, which soundbar should you choose?
While buying a soundbar, you need to first look at your TV. Does your TV have a 4K pass-through or support HDMI ARC? If you have an HDMI enabled and 4K TV, you would like to buy a Bose SoundTouch 300.
Which soundbar you should choose it also depend on what type of products your home theater has. If you have the Bose products, then you might like to purchase the Bose SoundTouch 300. Suppose, if you have the SoundTouch ten speakers, then you can buy the SoundTouch 300. If you want to buy Sonos Playbar, then you must have amplified or non-amplified Sonos products. It would help if you had the Sonos wireless subwoofer too.
Is Either Worth the Money?
If your mind is playing with this question, we would like to tell you that both soundbars are worth the money. If you already have these soundbars, then you know that how much worthy they are for your home theater. Regardless you can say that the Bose SoundTouch 300 has better quality than the Sonos Playbar. Though it has not deep bass and a better control system than Sonos Playbar, it still has many advantages over the Sonos Playbar. If your requirement doesn’t meet these conditions, then you can still buy other soundbars at a lower price with the same quality.
Is Dolby Atmos supported by the Bose SoundTouch 300?
The answer to this question simple. The Bose SoundTouch 300 doesn’t support Dolby Atoms. It only supports DTS decoding and Dolby Digital. It is also not supported by Sonos Playbar.
Will Sonos work with other speakers?
No. The Sonos Playbar only works with Sonos products. It supports all amplified or non-amplified Sonos products. The Bose SoundTouch 300 can’t connect to party speakers through the Bluetooth connection.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Soundbars:
- Room-filling sound: powerful speakers deliver a round, high-end audio experience
- Multiple wireless and wired connections: easily connect to the sound bar via Bluetooth 5.0 or standard audio cable Connection, RCA, and optical input
- 3 different equalizer modes: fine tune your sound bar with 3 distinct equalizer modes (games mode, music mode, movie mode) via the remote control to match your favorite sound
- Control your sound bar Remotely: handle your sound bar from the comfort of your couch or directly on the device; a repeat click of the power button switches through the functions, the LED screen will show the current function
- Slim to save space: slick 32-Inch design pleases the eye and slim Dimensions save valuable space
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED - Wireless subwoofer is included so you can enjoy deep bass right out of the box All-in-one
- BASS BOOST - Give your bass an instant boost with the push of a button on the soundbar
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE - Enhanced audio tracking for your content in real time, with technology that equalizes background music and consistent volume control
- BLUETOOTH TV CONNECTION - Set up is a breeze. Easily connect your soundbar to your TV by connecting wirelessly
- GAME MODE - Boost your gaming experience with perfectly synced directional audio that moves with the action on-screen and crosstalk cancellation that minimizes distractions
- 🔊[50W Power & 2 Full-range drivers]This small soundbar is equipped with 50W output power. Paired with your TV, the sound bar creates a louder, more immersive listening experience than through your TV speakers alone. Dual powerful full-range speakers provide hifi audio, making comfortable bedrooms and compact spaces full of extensive stereo effects.
- 🔊[Built-in DSP & 3 EQ modes]Soundbar built-in DSP technology ensured sound output is more stable and accurate. 3 Equalizer modes (Music, Movie, News) to match your favorite voice. Movie Mode: You’ll hear every rip and rumble from your favorite action film, with deeper bass and loud, room-filling sound; Music mode Add clarity and pleasant sound; while it’s News mode pulls out every word and expression from movies or commentary, to ensure that conversations sound crisp and clean.
- 🔊[Wireless Bluetooth 5.0]Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 can realize fast connection between mobile phone and sound bar, efficient and stable transmission, and strong anti-interference. Pair the sound bar to your phone via Bluetooth to soundtrack your next party, or to set the mood for when you want to relax with a good album in rich, audiophile quality.
- 🔊[EASY TO SET UP]The Soundbar supports 3.5mm (AUX&RCA) and optical wired audio input, support for use with mobile phones, tablets, TVs, computers, projectors, set-top boxes, etc. Please make sure your TV audio setting to PCM for ARC/optical input before use.
- 🔊[Stylish appearance & service]This 16-Inch mini soundbar is stylish and compact, and their more compact form makes them easier to travel with or set up wherever you'd like.At the same time we provide lifetime technical support. If you have any problems with your tv soundbar, you can contact us via Amazon, We will offer you a replacement or refund.
- Compact, slim design, enhanced HD sound quality: With new and improved sound drivers, the Bowfell sound bar has a slim design and thin profile with a built-in subwoofer and a 50 watt output providing high quality, cinematic sound. The Bowfell is a small but mighty addition to the Majority range.
- Connect to your TV or phone: The Bowfell can be connected to most types of TVs and monitors including Smart TVs using the Optical connection (Optical cable included), RCA connection (RCA cable included), or Bluetooth connection. The Bowfell also features Bluetooth so you can also connect wireless Bluetooth devices to the sound bar. The Bowfell can also be connected to your laptop, desktop, or computer monitor.
- USB and AUX connection & large remote control: Use an AUX cable (3.5mm jack cable included) to connect to older style devices with an AUX port. The Bowfell also includes a USB input, allowing you to insert a USB stick to play audio from. With the easy to use remote, you can select a music mode that heightens music, movies or dialogue to be played at their best.
- Slim profile ** AUX ** USB ** Optical ** Bluetooth ** RCA & Optical cables included ** Remote control ** adjustable treble & bass settings ** Measurements 15.28 x 2.13 x 2.83 inches ** Built-in subwoofer ** 50 watt output ** weighs 53oz ** New & improved sound drivers **
- In the Box: Majority Bowfell Soundbar, Remote control, Power adaptor, 3.5mm to 3.5mm Audio cable, 3.5mm to RCA Audio cable, Optical cable, Instructions manual
- 2.0 Premium Audio The VIZIO 2.0 Sound Bar is an easy way to enhance your audio experience when watching your favorite content on the TV. The full-range stereo speakers boost your audio, while DTS technologies simulate incredible surround sound
- Bluetooth Streaming Lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger from anywhere in the room. (Performance and compatibility among Bluetooth devices may vary.)
- Easy Setup With everything you need for a quick and easy setup, upgrading to a powerful audio experience has never been easier. Connect the Sound Bar to your TV using one of the included cables, sit back and enjoy
- Features DTS Studio Sound, DTS TruVolume and DTS TruSurround
- Ergonomic Remote for convenient access to volume, input and audio controls
- DOLBY DIGITAL: Dolby Digital decoding maximizes sound clarity and creates incredible room-filling virtual surround sound.
- DEEP BASS WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Experience deep, rich bass to make movies and music truly come to life.
- STREAM MUSIC WIRELESSLY: You can use your Bluetooth-enabled device to wirelessly stream music on your sound bar.
- SPECIALIZED SOUND MODES: Specialized sound modes bring Movies, Music, and News to life.
- QUICK AND HASSLE-FREE SETUP: With HDMI, optical, or Bluetooth connections, you can go from unboxing to listening in minutes.
- Hear your TV better: Designed with simplicity in mind, the Bose TV Speaker is a small soundbar that clarifies speech and is a simple fix for better TV sound.
- Wide, natural sound: 2 angled full-range drivers deliver a more realistic, spatial audio experience for overall better TV sound from a small soundbar.
- Enhanced dialogue: This TV speaker is designed to specifically focus on clarifying and elevating vocals and pronunciation.
- Bluetooth TV speaker: Pair your device to this Bluetooth soundbar to wirelessly stream your favorite music and podcasts.
- Simple setup: A single connection from this compact soundbar to the TV via an optical audio cable (included) or an HDMI cable (sold separately) has you up and running in minutes.
- Designed with a slimmer profile, the full–featured, easy–to–use JBL bar 2. 1 features Dolby digital, JBL Surround sound, 300W system power and a wireless 6. 5” subwoofer to provide balanced sound and deep bass for your movies, music and even video games
- Full featured in every sense of the word, it has an HDMI input as well as aux and USB wired connections that enable you to round out your home entertainment options even more
- You can Moreover control the soundbar with your existing TV remote control, The JBL bar 2. 1 clearly raises the bar for Soundbars
- The 300W of power output ensures great audio performance for your movies and music
- Enjoy rich, Deep bass from the 6. 5" (165mm) wireless subwoofer, as well as the convenience of flexible placement without the hassle of wires
- Low-Profile Design and Brilliant Clarity with 6 Full-range Speakers
- Powerful 5" Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth Music Streaming
- Complete Immersion with Discreet Volume Adjustable Surround Speakers
- Optimized for 4K TVs with Dolby Audio 5.1 and HDMI (Cable Included)
- Control with TV Remote using HDMI, Audio Cables Included for Easy Setup
- Minimum Frequency Response: 50 Hz
- Maximum Frequency Response: 20 kHz
- Features: Multiroom Capability
- Features: FullRoom
- Features: Wireless Subwoofer Connectivity
You May Also Like…
- How to Turn Regular Speaker into Bluetooth Speaker?
- How to Control Soundbar With TV Remote?
- What’s the Difference Between 2.1 and 3.1 Soundbar?
- How to Setup Logitech Harmony Hub?
- What is 4K Soundbar?
Last update on 2021-06-11