From the basic functionality of Bluetooth, it would seem that connecting to two speakers at a time is not possible. However, there are some ways that you will be able to connect two or more speakers via Bluetooth. So what are those? How to Connect Two Bluetooth Speakers at Once?
- Go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
- In Android, tap Advanced…
- Turn on the Dual Audio toggle switch.
- To use Dual Audio, pair your phone with two speakers, two headphones or one of each and audio will stream to both devices. If you add a third, the first paired device will be booted off.
Bluetooth 5 is the most advanced. All of the newer, modern speakers come with Bluetooth 5. And they support apps like Bose Connect and Ultimate Ears. Samsung Galaxy s8 or more modern, and iPhones running on iOS 11.4 or later are able to connect with two speakers at once. JBL speakers come with a feature called JBL’s Connect+. It also allows speakers to piggyback off of each other.
You don’t have to do much to find out which speaker setup is right for you. You have to inspect your equipment and choose the proper way of connecting your speakers.
Bluetooth’s Previous Limitations
Till the latest Bluetooth 5 came, Bluetooth’s features were limited. The previous version, Bluetooth 4.2, pair from one to one device with a range of around 10-30 meters. You can play audio by Bluetooth from your phone while you are in the room where speakers are situated or in the next room, which is not a problem if you listen to music by yourself. But if you are entertaining house guests while DJing from your phone, this feature will not be useful for you.
Some developers made some solutions to overcome these limitations. With the latest Bluetooth 5, most of these solutions are unnecessary if you want to connect just two speakers.
Otherwise, you can find other software or hardware solutions, or you can also seek other avenues than simply Bluetooth.
Ways To Connect to Two Bluetooth Speakers
Bluetooth 5 allows you to pair with two devices at a time. So if your speakers are equipped with this version of Bluetooth, then you will be able to connect to two Bluetooth speakers together. Other device manufacturers are also developing their own solutions.
Bluetooth 5 comes with a huge range of connection areas. It has a connectivity range of 120 feet, and it allows you to connect to up to two devices at once. Not every device manufacturer has adopted the new setting for their devices, but we hope they will soon.
With some technologies, connecting with multiple speakers is as easy as flipping a switch, such as Samsung’s dual audio feature. And with the rest of them is not that much easy. You need to configure your connection by an app.
With the help of the Bose Connect app, you will be able to connect two SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speakers (on Amazon) to a single phone in both party and stereo mode.
You have to turn on those speakers, then turn on the Bluetooth mode and turn on the Connect app in your phone. Once the speakers get connected, you will play audio in both party and stereo mode. Moreover, you will be able to switch between stereo mode and party mode by selecting stereo (L/R).
You can easily enable party mode without the app by simply pressing the Bluetooth and volume up buttons together.
You can press and hold the Bluetooth and volume up buttons until the speakers say “stereo mode” or “party mode” to switch between stereo mode and party mode.
This app is also compatible with Bose Bluetooth headphones. So you will be able to connect two pairs of headphones or a pair of headphones and a pair of speakers.
This is a handy feature. With this feature, you will be able to enjoy the music on the speaker inside the house and having the same music on your headphones outside at the same time.
Ultimate Ears: Boom & MegaBoom
Ultimate Ears has designed an app called Boom & MegaBoom that allows you to connect over 150 Boom, Boom 2, Boom 3, Megaboom, and Megaboom3 speakers together. With this app, you can connect your phone to your friends’ speakers.
You will be able to connect without the app. you have to connect one of the speakers to your device via Bluetooth. You have to press the Bluetooth and volume up buttons together and hold it till you hear a sound.
Then you can turn on the second speaker and press the Bluetooth button twice and Repeat the speaker pairing process as the first speaker to connect additional speakers.
Samsung Dual Audio
Starting from Samsung Galaxy S8 to the latest comes with a feature that allows you to control two speakers at a time via Bluetooth.
To enjoy this feature, you have to go to your device settings and go to connections. Then go to the Bluetooth section and press on the advanced settings. From these settings, flip the dual audio switch to on and enjoy the dual audio feature.
Because Samsung’s Dual Audio feature uses Bluetooth 5 to connect with multiple speakers, so you will be able to connect with two speakers at a time. If you try to connect with a third speaker, the first one will automatically get disconnected.
Most JBL speakers come with either a Connect, Connect+, or PartyBoost feature so that the user can piggyback off of each speaker. To enjoy this feature, you have to connect a device to one of the speakers, then turn the second speaker on and press and hold the Connect, Connect+, or PartyBoost button.
Moreover, with this JBL feature, you will be able to connect up to 100 JBL devices together. Besides, you can also set two speakers to operate in stereo with the JBL connect app.
HomePod Stereo Pair
The last option on this list is the HomePod. This system requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 11.4 or the latest versions. You will be able to connect to two HomePod speakers to operate in stereo. But one important thing you should keep in mind that the speakers have to be in the same room.
To enjoy this feature, you just have to use Apple’s Home app, press and hold HomePod, and then go to Settings. Press on the create stereo pair and choose the second HomePod speaker. You can also use the button with the two arrows to switch the left and right channels if you want. Then go back and press done, and you are ready to enjoy the audio in stereo mode.
Connecting Multiple Speakers
If you want to enjoy a good sound quality, you can go for a high-quality sound system. Many of them allow you to connect via Bluetooth but still comes with great versatility and better quality. Moreover, if you don’t have a wireless system, you don’t have to worry about charging those speakers.
The biggest advantage of Bluetooth 5 is its versatility. Bluetooth 5 is compatible with not only different kinds of speakers but also a wide variety of devices. It is also compatible with smart assistant devices such as Alexa and Google Home and many wireless headphones. The versatility of Bluetooth 5 is limitless.
Bluetooth 5 allows you to connect with multiple devices with a range of around 10 meters to 120-200 meters.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Bluetooth Speakers:
- Innovative Bose technology packs bold sound into a small, water resistant speaker
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Rugged, with a soft touch silicone exterior that makes it easy to pick up and go
- Voice prompts talk you through the Bluetooth pairing so it’s easier than ever or even quick-pair with NFC devices
- The lithium-ion battery lets you enjoy up to 8 hours of play time, rechargeable with USB power sources
- HIGHER QUALITY CRYSTAL CLEAR STEREO SOUND - The OontZ Angle 3 is Designed and Engineered by Cambridge Sound Works in the USA for greater clarity sound, accurate mids and clear highs from dual precision acoustic stereo drivers; the bass output is enhanced by our proprietary passive bass radiator; unique triangular design and downward facing bass radiator further enhance the sound quality; the Higher Quality Crystal Clear Sound & Features distance it from the competition.
- LOUDER VOLUME - Surprisingly loud, the Volume Booster 10+ watt power AMP pumps out more volume and plays your music with no distortion, even at maximum volume; the louder volume makes the OontZ Angle 3 Portable Bluetooth Speakers the perfect speaker for any room and the ideal Outdoor Speakers.
- INCREDIBLE 100 FOOT BLUETOOTH RANGE - Play the OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Speakers up to 100 unobstructed feet away from your device; advanced antenna design with Bluetooth 4.2 provides greater wireless range and faster Bluetooth connection; connects easily with the Echo Dot, Echo Dot 3rd Gen, Echo, Echo Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPad, Samsung Galaxy 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Samsung Note, Smartphone, Cellphone, Laptop, computer, Mac, and all other Bluetooth devices
- IPX5 WATER RESISTANT – The OontZ Angle 3 is totally Splashproof, Rainproof shower speaker, great Shower Speaker; with IPX5 certification the speaker can resist gentle water spray and splash but cannot be partially or fully submerged
- LONGER BATTERY PLAYTIME UP TO 14 HOURS - Play from morning till night; bigger 2500mAh rechargeable battery can play up to 14 hours at 2/3 volume; AUX IN Jack connect from TVs and non-Bluetooth devices with a 3.5mm Line-In cable for the Perfect Line-In Speaker; BUILT-IN Microphone for personal handsfree speakerphone calls from a Cellphone or iPhone; Light-weight just 10 oz, 5” long, 2.8” high
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying powerful sound.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges your device via USB port
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water
- JBLCONNECT plus Amplify your listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect plus enabled speakers.
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures
- 100% WATERPROOF AND DUSTPROOF - meets IP66 international standards, no worries with sand, snow, dirt or rain; Powered by a removable Lithium Ion battery and does not connect to the vehicle battery or electrical system
- 500 WATTS PEAK OUTPUT – amplifier powers 8 marine grade speakers (2 tweeters, 4 midrange, 2 woofers) with optimized bass performance; ECOCAST compatible – pair up to 50 units together; Built-in waterproof AUX-OUT jack to daisy chain to other optional wired speakers or powered subwoofer (sold separately)
- MULTI-COLOR LED BACKLIT SPEAKERS – choose between green, red, white or blue with music sync, solid or fading; REAR FACING LED LIGHT BAR – white, red or yellow can be turned on separately from the speaker LEDs
- INTEGRATED AUDIO AND LIGHT CONTROLS – make it simple to operate with the push of a button; ECOTALK compatible for direct connect to Siri or OK Google and built-in speakerphone
- BLUETOOTH V5.0 - stream audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled device to the speaker from up to 100 feet away; or connect to the integrated wired AUX-IN jack
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful stereo sound.
- Battery type : Lithium-ion Polymer (22.2Wh)2) 20 hours of playtime(varies by volume level and content)
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Take crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and echo-cancelling speakerphone.
- Build your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL Connect enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Pair multiple speakers with party boost
- Premium JBL sound quality
- Small yet powerful speaker for streaming music and more. Get rich, room-filling sound with Play:1, and control it with the Sonos app.
- The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop, or tuck it away on your office bookshelf.
- Go from unboxing to listening in minutes with just 1 cord and step-by-step guidance in the Sonos app.
- Pair 2 Play: 1's in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound.
- Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over Wi-Fi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together.
- Crisp, balanced sound and unmatched bass for a Bluetooth speaker its size, plays loud and clear outdoors for beach days or camping trips
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Waterproof speaker from the inside out (IPX7 rating), with soft, rugged exterior, resists dents, cracks and scratches
- Easily portable with a tear resistant strap to bring it wherever you go, strap to your backpack, cooler or handlebars
- Up to 6 Hours of play time from a rechargeable battery and wireless Bluetooth pairing.
- Omnidirectional Party Sound with integrated rear tweeter
- Up to 25 hours of battery life with quick charging
- X-Balanced Speaker for powerful bass
- IPX4 Splash-resistant design
- New concept LED indirect illumination lighting
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery Supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- Ipx7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- JBL connect+ allows you to Link more than 100 JBL connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party
- Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speaker is
You May Also Like…
- How to Connect TV to Receiver Without HDMI?
- What is a Pre-Out on an A/V Receiver, When Would You Use It?
- How to Add Bluetooth to Stereo or A/V Receiver?
- Can a Universal Remote Work on a Soundbar?
- Are Soundbars a Waste of Money?
Last update on 2021-08-24