Suppose you have an old wired speaker. You want to make it Bluetooth compatible. So, what should you do now? Why do you need to turn your regular speaker into a Bluetooth speaker? If you want to make your wired speaker Bluetooth compatible, you need to follow some processes.
Your favorite speaker can be turned into a Bluetooth speaker with an inexpensive Bluetooth receiver. Plug in the receiver to your stereo and turn on both devices. Simply plug the Bluetooth receiver into your favorite set of stereo speakers using a standard 3.5mm jack (you may need an adapter to do so). Then, turn on both the Bluetooth receiver and your mobile device.
The processes are given below:
- Need a Bluetooth receiver.
- Get the right cables so you can connect your Bluetooth receiver to your speaker system.
- Connect the Bluetooth receiver with the device.
Nowadays, Bluetooth connectivity has become popular connectivity. If you use a regular speaker, you have to face the AUX connection’s wire mess. In this modern world, you don’t want to face any problem with a solution to that problem. Therefore, if you enable Bluetooth, it will give a permit to stream audio from any Bluetooth-capable device.
Get a Bluetooth Receiver
- Listen music wireless: Connect with computer speakers, home stereo systems or other speaker systems via the 3.5 mm or RCA cable, then pair with the Bluetooth audio devices such as smartphones or tablet for streaming music.
- Easy setup and automatic reconnect: Pair your device to the adapter once with a single button press. It can reconnect automatically with the previously paired device.
- Wireless range: Indoors(without obstacles) connect rang up 30-40 ft (10-12 m).
- Works with most device: Bluetooth enabled device including smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops upon and any powered PC speakers, home stereo systems and A/V receivers.
- NOTE: This adapter doesn't have built-in battery, power by AC to DC power adapter or USB cable. This product is a bluetooth receiver ONLY, not a bluetooth transmitter. Only to give Bluetooth capabilities to an existing stereo / powered speaker / PA.
A Bluetooth receiver is a must if you want to make your regular speakers Bluetooth capable. A Bluetooth receiver takes a wireless Bluetooth audio signal in order to convert it to a line-level electrical audio signal.
Do you know what a line-level signal is?
A line-level signal is a noise-resistant and low voltage signal. This line-level signal will get out of a cellphone or laptop. Line-level signals transport a sound signal using a minimum amount of power. It is designed to that.
You can easily buy a Bluetooth receiver at a reasonable price. Usually, a Bluetooth receiver has female RCA connectors and a female AUX jack. But the Bluetooth receiver, designed for the car audio system, has only a male AUX output.
Recommended Bluetooth Receivers
- Esinkin W29-US (on Amazon) – Most Recommended
- Standard power adapter
- RCA and AUX outputs
- 10-12 meter or 30-40 ft connection distance
- AUKEY BR-C1 (on Amazon) – Super Budget
- Connect two devices at the same time
- 10-meter range
- AUX output
- 13 hours of battery life, charge via micro-USB cable
- Anker Soundsync A3352 (on Amazon) – Most Portable
- Extremely small and portable
- Connect two devices at the same time
- 12 hours of battery health, charges via micro-USB cable
- 30 ft maximum distance
- AUX output
Connect the Bluetooth Receiver to the Speaker System or Speaker
It is time to hook up your speakers and Bluetooth receiver. For this, you will need certain cables depending on your Bluetooth receiver and speakers. You will find these cables easily most of the time.
Most of the Bluetooth receiver has female AUX and RCA outputs. But it is different from to car audio system. Car audio system Bluetooth receiver has male AUX output. Usually, the stereo AUX outputs are made for computer speakers, and the RCA outputs are made for home audio speakers.
Connecting Bluetooth Receiver to Powered or Active Speakers
Usually, the Bluetooth receiver is connected to an active/powered speaker system via an RCA cable, or sometimes it is connected via an AUX cable. But how the Bluetooth receiver will be connected to the active/powered speaker system fully depends on the active/powered speaker system. As powered speakers have their own external power supply, they can use this power in order to add current and voltage to line-level signal. For this quality of these powered speakers, you can hook up a Bluetooth receiver directly into a set of active/powered speakers systems.
Suppose you want to add a Bluetooth audio channel to your powered speaker system. What should you do about that?
In case of adding a Bluetooth audio channel to your active speaker system, you have to hook up your speakers to a preamp’s output channel and also, in one of the preamp’s channels, plug the Bluetooth. For other audio devices, use the other channel.
Active/Powered speakers who don’t have any volume control, a preamp is a good option to add volume control. If your active speaker system doesn’t have its volume control, your Bluetooth receiver will control volume. So, it is highly recommended you get preamp.
Connecting Bluetooth Receiver to Passive Speakers
Though active/powered speakers have their own external power supply, passive speakers don’t have their own power supply. With an A/V receiver or amplifier, you need to amplify the line-level signal with the help of passive speakers. Using a power amplifier, you can establish a connection between the Bluetooth receiver and any open audio input channel. Having an A/V receiver, you should establish a connection between the Bluetooth receiver and the Direct In channel or HT Bypass. You know might know the preamp controls the volume, EQ settings, etc. The Direct In channel or HT Bypass skips the preamp stage in order to your A/V receiver not control volume or EQ settings.
If you don’t have any HT Bypass or Direct In channel in your A/V receiver, you can still make a connection to an empty audio channel. When your Bluetooth device is at a general volume, this connection will make the audio very low.
RCA and Aux Connections
Usually, speakers come with three kinds of connections. Among them, the RCA connector is the easiest and best way to make a connection to a Bluetooth device. Generally, most Bluetooth receivers contain RCA output, so the only thing you will need is the RCA cables to the plugin.
You already know that the car audio system Bluetooth receiver contains a male AUX output. So, if you are using a car audio system Bluetooth receiver, you will need to get a converter cable.
If your speakers have an RCA connection, it will be easy to find left female AUX cables and right male AUX cables. On the contrary, if your speaker uses banana plugs, it may become difficult.
Banana Plugs and Speaker Clips
There are two types of final speaker connections you may face. One of them is a banana plug. Both banana plugs and speaker clips have positive and negative plugs. You might see the most connections combine the positive and negative plugs into one plug. But banana plugs don’t follow this manner. They have separate plugs for both the positive and negative cables.
We have already told you speaker clips have positive and negative plugs. Like banana plugs, they have separate positive and negative cables. Speaker clips also have spring-loaded terminals which take the bare wire.
Preparing Cables for Speaker Wire
The process of finding RCA to speaker wire cables isn’t very hard. You can make it by yourself. First, you need to take a standard RCA cable. Then you have to cut off the plug on one side. In order to disclose the two wires inside, you must close a small amount of the outer tubing. After that, striping a small amount of tubing off each wire, you need to plug one into the positive cable and the other into the negative cable. Generally, these inside wires might be color-coded in order to keep the similarity with the speaker clips. Since audio signals are alternating current, it mightn’t make too much unsimilarity in case of no labeling.
The most complex part is the conversion between a stereo UX connection and speaker clips. The stereo AUX connections combine the positive and negative plugs into one plug, where RCA connections have only one positive and one negative cable per plug.
A single negative signal grounds the positive signals in a stereo AUX connection. In case of stripping a stereo AUX wire, you will get three interior wires. They are: left(labeled white), right(labeled red), and ground(labeled black or unwrapped).
As the right and left channels of the stereo AUX wires share a ground, you will have to split the ground. You will need to get two lengths of small gauge cable and fix them to the ground wire. Another thing to do is dredge three wires at a single point.
After that, hook up the right channel to the positive speaker on one speaker and the left channel to the positive speaker on the other one. At last, each of the ground extensions should be hooked up to the negative terminal of each speaker.
Pair with Bluetooth Receiver
If you once get connected your Bluetooth receiver to your speakers, you may rest cause you have done the hardest part. Now it is time to pair your speaker with the Bluetooth receiver.
Firstly, you need to turn on your Bluetooth receiver. If you have powered/active speakers, after turning on the Bluetooth receiver, plug them in. The next step is to set your Bluetooth receiver to pair. At last, turn on Bluetooth on your speaker and pair it with your Bluetooth receiver. Thus, you will be able to broadcast audio to your speakers.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Bluetooth Speakers:
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Pair multiple speakers with party boost
- Premium JBL sound quality
- Portable Speakers Sized like the Soda Cans, it's lightweight 1 pound fits easily in handbag that you can take it to the park and just relax with the soft music.
- Perfect for gifts, the speaker arrives in a lovely, shiny, professional, retail ready box. It makes a very good first impression.
- Ipx7 waterproof speaker has passed the certification. It is not afraid of water splashes, dust, snow, and spills, making it fully waterproof and useable in any weather condition outdoors.Perfect for the beach, pool, or shower.
- Excellent sound quality sound and loud volume, deep bass is solid, mids and highs are clear, and the entire sound is great quality. This has plenty power which for a mid sized room or more, is more than enough to fill it, and fill it with decent sound.
- Simple to set up for speaker, set up is as easy as pairing a Bluetooth device. If you have done this before, you are laughing. It is as easy as that.
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- Ubl connect+ allows you to link more than 100 JBL connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party
- Eco-friendly packaging JBL is committed to a more sustainable, earth-friendly packaging. The Flip 6 is packaged in a recyclable paper-based box, including the inner tray. The plastic hangtag is over 90% recycled and the exterior is printed with soy ink
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof To the pool. To the park. JBL Flip 6 is IP67 waterproof and dustproof, so you can bring your speaker anywhere.
- 12 Hours of Playtime Don’t sweat the small stuff like charging your battery. JBL Flip 6 gives you up to 12 hours of playtime on a single charge.
- Bold design Bold audio meets bold design. Big-sounding yet easy to carry, the design fits any personal style. Stand it vertical or horizontal and choose from a variety of vibrant colors
- Crank up the fun with PartyBoost PartyBoost allows you to pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to truly pump up your party
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
- 5 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Audio Cable Input
- 【Clear&Delightful Sound】: The subtle little body delivers a stunning 15W sound. Well made for distortion-free sound, the Bluetooth speaker has loud highs, a crisp midrange and full bass to put you in the zone!
- 【Practical Waterproof】: Splashproof, Rainproof, Dustproof, Sandproof;Perfect for the beach, poolside, car, boat & golf cart.IPX6 rated speakers are resistant to mild water spray and splashing, but cannot be partially or fully submerged in water.
- 【TWS-360° Stereo】: TWS function - enables two Bluetooth wireless speakers to be connected in tandem. Let's enjoy a full 360° of loud 30W music in the home theatre, at parties, on the beach, in the park or anywhere else imaginable.
- 【Portable speaker】: 4.5 inches high, 3.5 inches in diameter; comes with TF card slot ( supports WAV / FLAC / APE / MP3 format ), 3.5 AUX input port, Type-C(Fast charging) and a lanyard for leisure, entertainment, office, indoor, outdoor, hiking, beach, etc.
- 【Bluetooth V5.0】: The Bluetooth speaker has the latest Bluetooth 5.0 chip built in to ensure fast pairing and a stable connection. The built-in microphone provides high quality and convenient hands-free calls. The speaker can automatically reconnect to the last device used.
- 【RGB Colorful Light Show】:The standalone RGB lighting system is designed for night events with 7 light colors and 6 light modes, mixed color flashes that sync with the beat, create a pulsing light show for any song, and keep the party going with streaming music in HD.
- 【Hi-Fi Stereo Sound】:Dual full range drivers provide 30W stereo sound quality with clear highs, accurate mids and deep bass.Built-in MIC, easily accept hands-free calls(Support Siri voice assistant function, one-key activation, enjoy smart speaker life)
- 【Super Hardware Configuration】:👍Built-in 3600mAh rechargeable battery (with Typ-C fast charging port, the longest charging time＜4H);👍IPX7 most advanced waterproof material structure;👍Bluetooth 5.0 with the most cutting-edge A2DP technology👍
- 【Pair-360° Immersive Surround Sound】:Through the Wireless Pairing function, Pairing 2 speakers through a single device to obtain 60W stereo surround sound.(The playback modes of BT and AUX both support to realize wireless pairing stereo function, and we have improved the delay phenomenon of the Wireless Pairing state.)
- 【Enjoy music anytime, anywhere】This is a themed portable speaker for leisure, entertainment, office, indoor, outdoor, hiking, beach, etc. Let's enjoy great music at home theaters, parties, beaches, parks, or anywhere else imaginable.
- ASTONISHING SOUND: Breathtaking stereo sound with deep bass is delivered with exceptional clarity and zero distortion by two high-sensitivity drivers and a patented bass port.
- 24H WORRY-FREE BATTERY LIFE: Anker's exclusive, long-life battery technology provides the Bluetooth speaker 24 hours of sublime music.
- WATERPROOF BUILD: IPX5-rated casing offers complete protection against liquids.
- EFFORTLESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth 5.0 ensures instant pairing and maintains a strong connection up to 66 ft.
- BassUp TECHNOLOGY: The Bluetooth speaker has an in-house tuned digital signal processor analyzes the low frequencies to intensify the song’s bass in real-time.
- RICH JBL ORIGINAL PRO SOUND: The legendary JBL signature sound delivers surprisingly big audio and punchy bass from Clip 4's small size.
- ULTRA-PORTABLE DESIGN AND INTEGRATED CARABINER: JBL Clip 4's ultra-portable design with a redesigned integrated carabiner for extra protection, take your JBL Clip 4 anywhere and everywhere. Just clip on a belt, strap, or buckle and go explore the world.
- 10 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Don't sweat the small stuff like charging your battery. Clip 4 gives you up to 10 hours of playtime on a single charge.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly stream music from your phone, tablet, or any other Bluetooth-enabled device.
- IP67 WATERPROOF AND DUSTPROOF: To the pool. To the park. In the shower. JBL Clip 4 is fully waterproof and dustproof, so you can bring your speaker anywhere.
- EXTRA BASS for deep, punchy sound
- Sound Diffusion Processor expands sound far and wide
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP67 rated). Supported Codecs: SBC, AAC
- Up to 16 hours of battery life with indicator
- Compact portable design with multiway strap included
You May Also Like…
- How to Make Regular Speakers Wireless?
- The 10 Best Surge Protectors for Home Theater
- 5.1 vs. 7.1 Surround Sound: Which Is Better?
- Connect TV to Receiver Without HDMI
- What is the Difference Between a 2.1 and 5.1 Soundbar?
Last update on 2022-11-17