Your favorite speaker can be turned into a Bluetooth speaker with an inexpensive Bluetooth receiver. Plug the receiver into your stereo and turn on both devices. Simply plug the Bluetooth receiver into your favorite set of stereo speakers using a standard 3.5mm jack (you may need an adapter to do so). Then, turn on both the Bluetooth receiver and your mobile device.
Bluetooth Speaker Conversion: Easy Steps!
Suppose you have an old wired speaker. You want to make it Bluetooth compatible. So, what should you do now? Why do you need to turn your regular speaker into a Bluetooth speaker? If you want to make your wired speaker Bluetooth compatible, you need to follow some processes.
The processes are given below:
- Need a Bluetooth receiver.
- Get the right cables so you can connect your Bluetooth receiver to your speaker system.
- Connect the Bluetooth receiver with the device.
Nowadays, Bluetooth connectivity has become popular connectivity. If you use a regular speaker, you have to face the AUX connection’s wire mess. In this modern world, you don’t want to face any problem with a solution to that problem. Therefore, if you enable Bluetooth, it will give a permit to stream audio from any Bluetooth-capable device.
Get a Bluetooth Receiver
- Listen music wireless: Connect with computer speakers, home stereo systems or other speaker systems via the 3.5 mm or RCA cable, then pair with the Bluetooth audio devices such as smartphones or tablet for streaming music.
- Easy setup and automatic reconnect: Pair your device to the adapter once with a single button press. It can reconnect automatically with the previously paired device.
- Wireless range: Indoors(without obstacles) connect rang up 30-40 ft (10-12 m).
- Works with most device: Bluetooth enabled device including smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops upon and any powered PC speakers, home stereo systems and A/V receivers.
- NOTE: This adapter doesn't have built-in battery, power by AC to DC power adapter or USB cable. This product is a bluetooth receiver ONLY, not a bluetooth transmitter. Only to give Bluetooth capabilities to an existing stereo / powered speaker / PA.
A Bluetooth receiver is a must if you want to make your regular speakers Bluetooth capable. A Bluetooth receiver takes a wireless Bluetooth audio signal in order to convert it to a line-level electrical audio signal.
Do you know what a line-level signal is?
A line-level signal is a noise-resistant and low voltage signal. This line-level signal will get out of a cellphone or laptop. Line-level signals transport a sound signal using a minimum amount of power. It is designed to that.
You can easily buy a Bluetooth receiver at a reasonable price. Usually, a Bluetooth receiver has female RCA connectors and a female AUX jack. But the Bluetooth receiver, designed for the car audio system, has only a male AUX output.
Recommended Bluetooth Receivers
- Esinkin W29-US (on Amazon) – Most Recommended
- Standard power adapter
- RCA and AUX outputs
- 10-12 meter or 30-40 ft connection distance
- AUKEY BR-C1 (on Amazon) – Super Budget
- Connect two devices at the same time
- 10-meter range
- AUX output
- 13 hours of battery life, charge via micro-USB cable
- Anker Soundsync A3352 (on Amazon) – Most Portable
- Extremely small and portable
- Connect two devices at the same time
- 12 hours of battery health, charges via micro-USB cable
- 30 ft maximum distance
- AUX output
Connect the Bluetooth Receiver to the Speaker System or Speaker
It is time to hook up your speakers and Bluetooth receiver. For this, you will need certain cables depending on your Bluetooth receiver and speakers. You will find these cables easily most of the time.
Most of the Bluetooth receiver has female AUX and RCA outputs. But it is different from to car audio system. Car audio system Bluetooth receiver has male AUX output. Usually, the stereo AUX outputs are made for computer speakers, and the RCA outputs are made for home audio speakers.
Connecting Bluetooth Receiver to Powered or Active Speakers
Usually, the Bluetooth receiver is connected to an active/powered speaker system via an RCA cable, or sometimes it is connected via an AUX cable. But how the Bluetooth receiver will be connected to the active/powered speaker system fully depends on the active/powered speaker system. As powered speakers have their own external power supply, they can use this power in order to add current and voltage to line-level signal. For this quality of these powered speakers, you can hook up a Bluetooth receiver directly into a set of active/powered speakers systems.
Suppose you want to add a Bluetooth audio channel to your powered speaker system. What should you do about that?
In case of adding a Bluetooth audio channel to your active speaker system, you have to hook up your speakers to a preamp’s output channel and also, in one of the preamp’s channels, plug the Bluetooth. For other audio devices, use the other channel.
Active/Powered speakers who don’t have any volume control, a preamp is a good option to add volume control. If your active speaker system doesn’t have its volume control, your Bluetooth receiver will control volume. So, it is highly recommended you get preamp.
Connecting Bluetooth Receiver to Passive Speakers
Though active/powered speakers have their own external power supply, passive speakers don’t have their own power supply. With an A/V receiver or amplifier, you need to amplify the line-level signal with the help of passive speakers. Using a power amplifier, you can establish a connection between the Bluetooth receiver and any open audio input channel. Having an A/V receiver, you should establish a connection between the Bluetooth receiver and the Direct In channel or HT Bypass. You know might know the preamp controls the volume, EQ settings, etc. The Direct In channel or HT Bypass skips the preamp stage in order to your A/V receiver not control volume or EQ settings.
If you don’t have any HT Bypass or Direct In channel in your A/V receiver, you can still make a connection to an empty audio channel. When your Bluetooth device is at a general volume, this connection will make the audio very low.
RCA and Aux Connections
Usually, speakers come with three kinds of connections. Among them, the RCA connector is the easiest and best way to make a connection to a Bluetooth device. Generally, most Bluetooth receivers contain RCA output, so the only thing you will need is the RCA cables to the plugin.
You already know that the car audio system Bluetooth receiver contains a male AUX output. So, if you are using a car audio system Bluetooth receiver, you will need to get a converter cable.
If your speakers have an RCA connection, it will be easy to find left female AUX cables and right male AUX cables. On the contrary, if your speaker uses banana plugs, it may become difficult.
Banana Plugs and Speaker Clips
There are two types of final speaker connections you may face. One of them is a banana plug. Both banana plugs and speaker clips have positive and negative plugs. You might see the most connections combine the positive and negative plugs into one plug. But banana plugs don’t follow this manner. They have separate plugs for both the positive and negative cables.
We have already told you speaker clips have positive and negative plugs. Like banana plugs, they have separate positive and negative cables. Speaker clips also have spring-loaded terminals which take the bare wire.
Preparing Cables for Speaker Wire
The process of finding RCA to speaker wire cables isn’t very hard. You can make it by yourself. First, you need to take a standard RCA cable. Then you have to cut off the plug on one side. In order to disclose the two wires inside, you must close a small amount of the outer tubing. After that, striping a small amount of tubing off each wire, you need to plug one into the positive cable and the other into the negative cable. Generally, these inside wires might be color-coded in order to keep the similarity with the speaker clips. Since audio signals are alternating current, it mightn’t make too much unsimilarity in case of no labeling.
The most complex part is the conversion between a stereo UX connection and speaker clips. The stereo AUX connections combine the positive and negative plugs into one plug, where RCA connections have only one positive and one negative cable per plug.
A single negative signal grounds the positive signals in a stereo AUX connection. In case of stripping a stereo AUX wire, you will get three interior wires. They are: left(labeled white), right(labeled red), and ground(labeled black or unwrapped).
As the right and left channels of the stereo AUX wires share a ground, you will have to split the ground. You will need to get two lengths of small gauge cable and fix them to the ground wire. Another thing to do is dredge three wires at a single point.
After that, hook up the right channel to the positive speaker on one speaker and the left channel to the positive speaker on the other one. At last, each of the ground extensions should be hooked up to the negative terminal of each speaker.
Pair with Bluetooth Receiver
If you once get connected your Bluetooth receiver to your speakers, you may rest cause you have done the hardest part. Now it is time to pair your speaker with the Bluetooth receiver.
Firstly, you need to turn on your Bluetooth receiver. If you have powered/active speakers, after turning on the Bluetooth receiver, plug them in. The next step is to set your Bluetooth receiver to pair. At last, turn on Bluetooth on your speaker and pair it with your Bluetooth receiver. Thus, you will be able to broadcast audio to your speakers.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Bluetooth Speakers:
- ASTONISHING SOUND: Breathtaking stereo sound with deep bass is delivered with exceptional clarity and zero distortion by two high-sensitivity drivers and a patented bass port.
- 24H WORRY-FREE BATTERY LIFE: Anker's exclusive, long-life battery technology provides the Bluetooth speaker 24 hours of sublime music.
- WATERPROOF BUILD: IPX5-rated casing offers complete protection against liquids.
- EFFORTLESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth 5.0 ensures instant pairing and maintains a strong connection up to 66 ft.
- Powerful Bass: This Bluetooth speaker has an in-house tuned digital signal processor that analyzes low frequencies to intensify the song’s bass in real-time.
- 【COMPACT & PRACTICAL】: Small size and light weight, can be hung on the bag or duffel bag. High efficiency 3600mAh lithium-ion battery can be used to power the power all day. Wireless portable bluetooth speakers should be a must have in your life.
- 【CLASSIC FEATURES】 : The V40 waterproof bluetooth speaker features an extended wireless range (up to 66 feet) and enhanced connectivity. The built-in microphone function will maintain a clear sound quality that is more suitable for Ipad, Iphone, Android and more device.
- 【THREE PLAY MODE】 : Portable rope, TF (supports WAV / FLAC / APE / MP3 format) and Type-C interface, and 3.5 AUX input port, more choice modes, more suitable for home, party, outdoors or travel.
- 【IPX7 STRUCTURE WATERPROOF】: Portable speakers provides strong waterproof protection, durable silicone case and port cover make the speaker have better internal protection, allowing you to enjoy music in a variety of different environments.
- 【SHOCKING SOUNDS】 : Our speakers TWS technology allows you to pair two portable Bluetooth speakers with your phone for true dual enhanced stereo sound, giving you a small cinema feel.
- SHOCKING SOUND EXPERIENCE: The LACEVIEW Portable Bluetooth Speaker uses a high-quality digital signal processor, drivers and advanced technology to deliver 15 watts of powerful, balanced, high-fidelity loud sound that ensures clear, powerful and distortion-free sound at any volume, allowing you to experience unrivalled sound quality like never before.
- DUAL BLUETOOTH SPEAKER PAIRING CONNECTION: Get two LACEVIEW Bluetooth speakers, connect them together, and enjoy 30W(2x15W) of truly immersive stereo surround sound that fills your parties and home with powerful surround sound. It's a truly unparalleled listening experience that's effortless to experience in the living room, at parties and more!
- PORTABLE SPEAKER WITH FM RADIO FUNCTION: Plug the included audio cable into this compact small portable Bluetooth speaker as an antenna for the radio to enhance the search for channel signals, click the function button to switch to FM radio mode, and then simply press the power button to automatically search for FM channels.
- COLOURFUL LED LIGHT SHOW: This Bluetooth speaker offers different colour-changing themes, unique RGB night themed lights and a visually stunning colourful dynamic light show, that can be synced to the beat of the music, which can be easily selected according to your preference by simply pressing the light button to enhance the ambience and make any party more memorable. You can also switch the lights off or just on.
- WATERPROOF AND RUGGED: The IPX6 rated compact Bluetooth speaker can easily withstand heavy waves, rain, snow, dust and liquid splashes. Perfect for showers, poolside, beach, hiking, biking, camping, parties and other indoor and outdoor places. No need to worry about the weather and outdoor environment, it is definitely your best music companion!
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Pair multiple speakers with party boost
- Premium JBL sound quality
- Small yet powerful speaker for streaming music and more. Get rich, room-filling sound with Play:1, and control it with the Sonos app
- The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop, or tuck it away on your office bookshelf
- Go from unboxing to listening in minutes with just 1 cord and step-by-step guidance in the Sonos app
- Pair 2 Play: 1's in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound."
- COMPACT & LOUD: Our compact and portable bluetooth speakers are designed to deliver clear and loud audio with just the right highs and lows, making them the perfect companion for all your outdoor trips, travels, and adventures.
- WATERPROOF & FLOATS: This outdoor speaker is IP67 waterproof certified and floats to provide just the right fit for the beach, pool, boat, camping, tailgating, and any other outdoor activities you have in mind.
- READY FOR TRAVEL: Thanks to the lightweight and sturdy build coupled with the compact design, you can easily carry this outdoor bluetooth speaker with you anywhere you go. It’s designed with a carabiner clip so you can play music while keeping keep your hands empty when traveling.
- 6 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: These portable bluetooth speakers are USB rechargeable (cable included) and provide up to 6 hours of use on a full charge. The waterproof speaker maintains a stable connection for up to 30 feet for indoor and outdoor entertainment.
- SUITABLE FOR MOST DEVICES: Our waterproof bluetooth speakers are compatible with iPhone, iPod, tablets, Samsung Galaxy, and many other devices. They can easily be carried in your backpack, purse, and pockets, or can be clipped on your belt or bag
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming.Waterproof : Yes
- 5 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Audio Cable Input
- [Immersive Sound Experience & Dual Connectivity] Experience unparalleled sound quality with this wireless Bluetooth speaker's 2 drivers and advanced technology that delivers powerful, well-balanced sound with minimal distortion. Connect two speakers together to create an immersive stereo sound experience and fill any room with powerful sound. Perfect for gaming, music, and movie playback.
- [Tough & Weather-Resistant] Engineered to handle rough use and adverse weather conditions, this speaker features a durable design and an IPX5 rating for protection against water splashes and spills. It's an ideal choice for outdoor events, and is perfect for use at parties, at the pool, on the beach, while camping or hiking, and more.
- [Long-lasting Playtime & Extended Bluetooth Connectivity] Experience extended playtime with up to 24 hours per charge and extended wireless range with Bluetooth 5.3, reaching up to 100 feet from your device. The multicolor lights on the speaker can also be turned off with a simple button press to save the battery and adapt to your needs. Keep in mind that the actual playtime can vary depending on volume level, audio content, and usage.
- [Vibrant Light Effects] Bring a new level of excitement to your party with the dynamic multi-color light show that syncs to the beat of the music, you can easily customize the light effects to suit your preference by simply pressing the Light button. Make any gathering more memorable with these visually stunning light effects that will elevate the atmosphere.
- [Everything You Need] The package includes 1 waterproof Bluetooth speaker, 1 Type-C charging cable, and a quick start guide, all backed by lifetime technical support. The built-in microphone allows for hands-free phone calls and you can also play music from other devices using the AUX jack (not included). It's a perfect gift for music lovers and tech enthusiasts alike.
- Unbelievable sound: 12W of pure audio power with enhanced bass Thunders from dual neodymium drivers. An advanced digital signal processor ensures pounding bass and zero distortion at any volume.
- Intense bass: exclusive bass up technology and a patented spiral bass port boost low-end frequencies to make the beats hit even harder.
- Outdoor-proof: IPX7 protection safeguards against rain, dust, snow, and spills. Get incredible sound at home, in the yard, or anywhere else imaginable.
- 24H Non-Stop Music: Anker’s world-renowned power management technology and a 5,200mAh Li-ion battery deliver a full day of sublime sound.
- Grab, go, Listen: classic design that has been refined and lightened, with effortlessly simple controls.
- EXTRA BASS for deep, punchy sound
- Sound Diffusion Processor expands sound far and wide
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP67 rated). Supported Codecs: SBC, AAC
- Up to 16 hours of battery life with indicator
- Compact portable design with multiway strap included
You May Also Like…
- How to Make Regular Speakers Wireless?
- The 10 Best Surge Protectors for Home Theater
- 5.1 vs. 7.1 Surround Sound: Which Is Better?
- Connect TV to Receiver Without HDMI
- What is the Difference Between a 2.1 and 5.1 Soundbar?
Last update on 2024-02-11