To Control the Soundbar with the TV Remote, go to Settings → Sound Output. Next, select your soundbar and then close the Settings. You should be able to use the TV remote to change the volume and mute it. The soundbar should also turn on and off.
TV Remote Soundbar Mastery
If you are a new soundbar user and you are finding a way to make the controlling simpler of your TV and soundbar, then there is good news for you. You will be able to control both your TV and soundbar with just one remote. It is a good way to avoid dealing with many remotes and simplify your whole entertainment system.
OR, If you want to control your soundbar with your TV remote, then you just have to follow these steps:-
- Look for the ARC connection port on your TV and soundbar.
- Connect the HDMI or optical cable to each
- Start the TV & soundbar
- Troubleshoot and Test Any Connection Problems
- Adjust and optimize your sound to improve it.
The process of connecting and controlling your soundbar with your TV remote mostly depends on the brand of your TV. You have to follow different ways to connect your soundbar for different TV brands. In this article, you will get to know that what you have to do to command a soundbar with your TV remote.
Find the Optical or HDMI ARC Connection on both the Soundbar and TV
Firstly you have to check out your TV and soundbar to see the type of inputs you have available. The best way to connect is HDMI ARC. Now many TVs and soundbars come with this feature. If you don’t have HDMI ARC available, then you can look for a digital optical cable connection. It is really a good option.
If your TV and soundbar have both possibilities, you may be confused about which one you should use. You do not have to consider much you can use any of them. After you decide which one you are going to use, you just have to follow the instructions below.
If you will connect your TV and soundbar via HDMI ARC, you have to connect your soundbar’s ‘HDMI OUT’ or ‘HDMI OUT’ to the ‘HDMI IN (ARC)’ on your TV.
Again if you want to connect your TV and soundbar by Using a Digital Fiber Optical Cable, or you can call it just optical cable. Then you have to find out the ‘DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL)’ or ‘DIGITAL OPTICAL OUT’ on your Television and also the ‘DIGITAL AUDIO IN (OPTICAL)’ or ‘OPTICAL IN’ on your soundbar.
Connect an Optical or HDMI Cable to Each Device
Whether you are using HDMI ARC or an optical connection, you might need the right cables. The soundbar manufacturer might provide you with the correct cable. You just have to plug those cables in the right port.
And if you have an old HDMI Arc cable and a question had come to your mind, can you use the cable? And the answer is yes. Any HDMI cable with the 2.0 standard or more upgraded will work well. But some options on Amazon reassuringly call out the ARC capability right in the listing, like the AmazonBasics Premium HDMI Cable (on Amazon).
- IN THE BOX: 10-foot flexible, lightweight HDMI cable; black
- CONVENIENT: Ideal for connecting media devices to playback display such as HDTVs, projectors, and more
- DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Blu-Ray players, computers, Apple TV, Roku, cable, PS4, Xbox One, and other HDMI-compatible devices
- SUPPORTS: Ethernet, 3D, 4K HDR and ARC (4K@60Hz, 18Gbps)
- DURABLE DESIGN: Solid copper conductors and full metal jacket shielding for strength and high-performance connectivity
When you use an optical cable, you have to make sure that the small plastic caps on the ends are taken off. Then you have to keep pushing each side into the TV and soundbar tightly till you hear or feel a click. But do not have any optical cable, or if the fiber optics in your cable have been damaged, you can easily get a cable like the iVANKY Optical Cable Digital Audio Cable for Home Theater for a reasonable price.
Turn the TV and Soundbar On
After connecting your soundbar with your TV via an HDMI ARC or optical connection, you have to turn them on. You can turn on your devices by using its own remote or by using the buttons on the devices themselves.
Test and Troubleshoot Any Connection Issues
When Using HDMI ARC:
An HDMI ARC connection makes it simpler to control your soundbar from your TV remote. After connecting your soundbar with your TV via HDMI ARC cable, you will be able to hear your TV’s Sound through your soundbar.
But in fact, if you do not hear any sound, then you have to make some settings. You have to turn off your TV speaker from your TV’s Sound or audio settings. You will also see an option for “HDMI Arc” or something else like this on that settings. Select that option and give your TV the command to route the audio channel through the soundbar.
When Using Optical:
When you use an optical cable to connect your soundbar with your TV, there’s a little possibility that the Television will know to use the soundbar automatically. So you likely have to find the right settings and set everything up.
Now you have to find the ‘Source’ or ‘Input’ button by using your soundbar’s remote. Look at the display on your soundbar and set the input to ‘OPTICAL’ or an abbreviated version such as ‘OPT.’
Adjust and Optimize Your Sound
After successfully connecting everything and adjusting all the settings, now you have to adjust the soundbar’s volume to optimize the Sound. You have to control it from your TV.
Firstly, you have to start the process by turning the volume of the soundbar down by using your soundbar’s remote. Then play audio in different sound settings to find the best settings for you.
If you want to find a range to use the TV remote for the volume most of the time, you have to set the soundbar somewhere between 50-80% of its maximum volume output.
Controlling a Soundbar With a TV Remote – Instructions by TV Brand
The mentioned instructions above are a general way to connect your devices and control your soundbar with your TV. But many TVs from different manufacturers come with different ways of connection. Here you can find some instructions for different TV manufacturers; you can find your listed brand and follow the instructions.
You can connect your TV and soundbar using an optical digital or HDMI ARC connection. To do this, you must use the appropriate cable and change the input of the soundbar to “D.IN”
Use a digital optical connection to the soundbar from your Samsung TV. You can hold the left direction on the Samsung TV remote’s direction pad to activate or deactivate Auto Power Link. This feature only works with an optical connection. Make sure that you have changed the TV’s audio output settings so that you can control your soundbar by your TV remote.
But use an HDMI ARC connection. The source of your soundbar will automatically change to TV ARC, and you will be able to use the TV remote’s right direction on the direction pad to activate/deactivate Anynet+. This feature only works with an HDMI ARC connection.
You can get more information on Samsung support.
If you have an LG TV. You can connect your soundbar with your TV in many ways. Such as you can Sound Sync via Bluetooth, a digital optical connection, or an HDMI ARC connection. Moreover, LG TVs also come with Magic Remote.
If you want to use the Bluetooth wireless connection, you have to follow the given instructions:-
- Go to TV settings
- Then find the sound section
- Then select the Sound Out
- At last, you have to click on LG Sound Sync (Wireless).
After doing these, The Device Selection button will appear and look for your soundbar. So make sure that the Bluetooth of your soundbar is turned on. Then select your soundbar and pair them.
If you want to connect via the digital optical and HDMI ARC connection, the process is also the same. You’ll use the Sound> Sound Out area to change the output to HDMI or optical.
You can get more information by visiting LG support.
VIZIO TVs also use the same process as the instructions above to connect your soundbar with the TV through an optical or HDMI connection. The port for an optical connection on the VIZIO TV may be called ‘S/PDIF,’ and for an HDMI ARC connection, use ‘HDMI 1’, which is the ARC port.
When you use the HDMI ARC, your TV may automatically recognize your connection after inserting the cable. If it won’t, then you have to do it manually. For this, you use the menu on your VIZIO remote and go to System > CEC, then change the setting to ‘Disabled,’ ‘Enabled,’ or ‘ARC only,’ whatever you wish.
You can get more information by visiting VIZIO support.
You can easily connect your soundbar by using both the HDMI ARC connection and an optical digital audio cable. The setup process is also the same as the instructions listed above. When you will switch the audio output setting, make sure you select ‘Audio System’ for all setups.
One important thing you should know that Sony support said that when using an optical cable, you will not be able to manage functions that require an HDMI connection like power interlock and volume with the remote of your TV.
You can get more information by visiting Sony support.
Hitachi is a very well-known electronic manufacturer. They are well known because of their low-priced smart TVs. These TVs also come with Roku TV built-in. You can connect your soundbar to a Hitachi Roku TV and use your Roku remote to control all of your TV and media devices.
But if you want to use the HDMI ARC connection, you have to go to TV settings > Audio > Audio Preferences. And set ‘Audio Mode’ to ‘Auto (DTS)’ to connect to your soundbar automatically. You also have to select ‘Auto-detect’ in the S/PDIF and ARC settings.
After doing all these, you have to go back to ‘System’ on the main settings menu, then go to ‘CEC’ and click the checkboxes for HDMI ARC to give your Roku remote the ability to control your soundbar.
You can get more information by visiting Hitachi support.
Panasonic TVs are also able to connect to your soundbar for controls via the HDMI or digital optical connection. When you use the HDMI connection, you’ll find the ‘HDMI2 (ARC)’ input on your Panasonic TV. Fortunately, an app in Panasonic TV allows you to easily switch between your TV’s speakers and soundbar for audio if you connect via HDMI ARC.
But if you want to use the optical connection, the setup will be the same as above. You have to connect both your devices by an optical cable, and then you have to go to the TV settings, turn off the TV speaker, and change the source to ‘Optical.’
You can get more information by visiting Panasonic’s support page.
Most of the TCL TVs are compatible with the HDMI ARC connection. So you can use this connection for connecting and controlling your soundbar with a TCL TV remote. You should use a high-speed HDMI cable that supports ARC and CEC control.
After connecting HDMI ARC, you have to set everything up. For this, you have to go to Home > Settings > System > Control other devices (CEC) > HDMI ARC and Select the button to enable ‘HDMI ARC.’ Moreover, you also have to disable ‘System audio’ by unchecking the box by this feature.
You can get more information by visiting TCL support.
Most of the TCL TVs are compatible with the HDMI ARC connection. So you can use this connection to connect and control your soundbar; you can control your soundbar from your Hisense TV. You just have to connect your soundbar with your TV by using an HDMI-certified High-Speed 2.0 cable. Then go to your TV Settings > Sound > Speakers > ARC and turn off your TV’s speaker, and enable HDMI ARC.
To enjoy the best quality audio, you can also change the ‘Digital Audio Out.’ Go to Settings > Sound > Advanced Settings > Digital Audio Out > Dolby Digital Plus, and then connect using an optical cable.
You can get more information on the Nakamichi Help Desk.
After reading this article now, you know that controlling your soundbar with your TV remote is not a hard task. You just have to connect your TV with the soundbar and adjust your settings and Sound as necessary. Among the optical connection and HDMI ARC connection, the HDMI ARC connection is the easiest way to do it.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Soundbars:
- Straight from the theater to your home: easy set-up, built-in tweeter, 2-ch speaker with simple Bluetooth connection
- Deep sound with Bass Reflex speaker
- High power with a slim design that matches any room and is perfect for small living spaces
- Voice enhancement feature is great for TV content with hushed dialogue, or to make conference call participants easier to hear
- Easy TV set up with HDMI ARC
- EXCLUSIVELY FOR ROKU TV: Requires a Roku TV. Expandable with Roku Wireless Subwoofer. Does not work with Roku Wireless Speakers.
- SIMPLE WIRELESS SETUP WITH ANY ROKU TV: The simple wireless setup means no running cables or drilling holes in your wall. Just plug it into power and pair it for clearer, louder TV sound.
- UNBOXING TO LISTENING IN MINUTES: Inside the box you’ll find a quick start guide, power cable, and sound bar.
- ONE REMOTE IS ALL YOU NEED: There’s no need to juggle an additional remote every time you want to adjust the volume or sound settings. Just use your existing Roku TV remote.
- QUICK ACCESS TO SOUND SETTINGS: Press the star button on your Roku TV remote to access your sound bar and Roku TV settings all in one place.
- Hear your TV better: Designed with simplicity in mind, the Bose TV Speaker is a small soundbar that clarifies speech and is a simple fix for better TV sound
- Wide, natural sound: 2 angled full-range drivers deliver a more realistic, spatial audio experience for overall better TV sound from a small soundbar
- Enhanced dialogue: This TV speaker is designed to specifically focus on clarifying and elevating vocals and pronunciation
- Bluetooth TV Speaker: Pair your device to this Bluetooth soundbar to wirelessly stream your favorite music and podcasts. Connect up to 3 devices through the inputs (HDMI, Optical in, and AUX in); the first powered on device will automatically connect
- Simple setup: A single connection from this compact soundbar to the TV via an optical audio cable (included) or an HDMI cable (sold separately) has you up and running in minutes
- DTS VIRTUAL:X: Expand your listening experience; DTS Virtual: X creates spacious 3D sound putting you at the center of the action for an elevated and immersive home theater experience
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED: Get that big boom with our included subwoofer; Bring home intense sound with rich, powerful bass; Elevate the action and take things to the next level
- BASS BOOST: Bass you can boost with a tap; Feel the depth of distant thunder as your listening experience is taken to another level; Tap the button Feel the power
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE: Enjoy all your favorite video content with dynamically optimized audio and enhanced voice clarity so you can follow along with action packed games and blockbuster films
- GAME MODE: Optimize your gaming experience with perfectly synced directional audio that moves with the onscreen action; Game Mode eliminates distractions so you can hear better and play harder
- America's #1 Sound Bar* - VIZIO has been filling homes with truly immersive audio for over 10 years, and our sound bars just keep getting better. We are proud to provide our customers with top-tier audio products that bring movies, shows, podcasts, music, and more to life like never before. (*#1 Sound Bar Brand in 1H 2022 Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service, U.S., based on units, Jan. - June 2022 combined.).Waterproof : No
- Compact, versatile design – Sleek, rounded all-black finish with easy-to-clean textured surface, optimized for small-med rooms.
- DTS Virtual:X – Sound Enhancement for room-filling, floor-to-ceiling virtualized sound
- Full-Range Speakers – 2 full-range speakers in the sound bar provide coherent sound and brilliant clarity.
- 70Hz – 20kHz Frequency Response – Wide, natural frequency response means you can hear what the artist intended.
- Amp up your audio - Fire TV Soundbar enhances TV audio with dual speakers for fuller sound, clearer dialogue, and deeper bass—all in a compact design.
- Immersive sound - Enjoy a three-dimensional virtual surround sound experience with DTS Virtual:X and more detail with Dolby Audio.
- Easy setup - Just plug in the included HDMI cable to the HDMI eARC/ARC port on your TV to instantly enjoy audio that's always in sync.
- Compact design - With a length of 24“ and a height of just 2.5", Fire TV Soundbar fits most entertainment consoles and TV stands.
- Stream audio with Bluetooth - Connect your phone or tablet via Bluetooth to fill the room with your favorite music.
- 【Ultra-Compact Design】The 17-inch soundbar is a compact and sleek audio device that great for desktop space especially small to medium-sized living room or bedroom.Our sound bar takes up less space and is effortlessly moveable, making it an ideal TV speakers sound bar!
- 【Loud and Clear】 This soundbar is built with 2 full-range speakers that provide a more realistic, spatial audio experience to make movies and music truly come to life, allowing you to enjoy all details of music and movies.
- 【Multiple Input Connections】 Our small sound bar has various connectivity options, including Bluetooth, optical,and auxiliary input, which allows you to connect it to your TV, smartphone, PC ,tablet, or other devices to stream music or watch movies. Besides, the home audio sound bars has a "SUB OUT" port, which supports the connection of an active subwoofer.(Press the M button on soundbar can switch the three connection modes of Optical /AUX/ Bluetooth)
- 【Optimize Entertainment With Different Sound Modes】The sound bar can be switched to three equalizer modes (Music, Movie, News) with remote. This soundbar not only produces clear and detailed sound regardless of the content you're watching or listening to, but also enhances the dialogues, bass and treble of music, movies, and TV shows,and makes them sound more realistic and engaging.（Remote control is not compatible with universal or TV remotes ）
- 【Set Up In Minutes】You can put the soundbar on desktop or mounted on the wall directly with rovided wall mounting kits. The TV soundbars size is: 17" * 3.5" * 2.5". What’s inside: soundbar, remote control, wall mounting kit, optical cable, 3.5 to 3.5mm audio cable, Power adapter and user manual.
- 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲: The Bluetooth sound bar is built with 2x20W powerful full-range drivers which deliver clear and immersive sound for a bedroom,living room, gaming room or kitchen. DSP technology is adopted by the TV speaker to customize different sounds for the News, Music and Movie.
- 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬: with the Bluetooth soundbar, you can stream music from your smartphones, tablets, computers or other Bluetooth enabled devices. The TV sound bar also supports HDMI(ARC),AUX and optical inputs, and the soundbar lights up in different colors for different inputs(Optical-Purple color, HDMI(ARC)-White color, Bluetooth-Blue color, AUX- Green color). Plug the HDMI cable(not supplied) into a port on your TV labeled HDMI ARC, not HDMI.
- 𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬: It takes only several minutes to hook up the soundbar with TV. You can just place the sound bar on desktop or mount it on the wall(Wall mounting kit is included). The TV speaker is not compatible with Dolby and DTS, please change your TV audio setting to PCM for Optical/HDMI ARC connections before use.
- 𝐃𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐬: The 24-Inch Sound bars for TV comes in stylish and detachable design 24(L)*3.5(W)*2.5 (H) inches , making it easily to be placed under TV without blocking TV remote sensor. The surround sound system for TV can be controlled with remote or buttons on top of the soundbar.
- 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐞𝐭: A detachable sound bar, User Manual, Power adapter, Remote, Optical cable, AUX cable and our lifetime technical support and free accessories(HDMI cable not included).
- Transform your TV into a home theater setup with this sound bar's 300 watts of power, 2.1 channels, and booming bass via a wireless subwoofer.Waterproof : No
- LG's AI Sound Pro uses deep learning algorithms to automatically adjust sound levels based on the viewed content type—clear vocals in sports, thunderous bass in live music, and dynamic sound in action movies
- Made to work with your LG TV, this sound bar system taps into your TV's processing power to automatically optimize sound quality via TV Sound Mode Share—Compatible with 2022 LG TVs and select 2021 LG TVs.
- Eliminate tangles of messy cables with a single connection between your TV and sound bar with HDMI Arc. Stream from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth
- Sound bar, wireless subwoofer, remote control with batteries, and wall mount bracket are included.
- 【Enjoy Deep Bass from Dedicated Subwoofer】 Rich bass from our new generation sound bar(40Watts)and subwoofer(30Watts) will activate every cell in your body. The large cavity space of the subwoofer makes the bass full of magnetic. Surrounding bass from the external subwoofer creates a realistic and 3D feeling as if you are in the movie, music and gaming.
- 【Multifunctional LED Indicator & Soft Light】 Unlike other sound bars, The colored LED lights clearly show which connection mode the sound bar is on(Optical-Purple, Bluetooth-Blue, Auxiliary-Green).Not only that, the volume progress light bar below soundbar reminds you of master volume or subwoofer volume in real time .
- 【 Wireless&Wired Connection】 The soundbar can be connected to any Bluetooth enabled devices such as computers, smart phones, tablets and so on. It is also super easy to set up the soundbar with TV via Optical or Auxiliary cable. The sound bar is also wall mountable with included wall mounting kit.
- 【3 Equalizer Modes】The sound bar can be switched to three equalizer modes(news mode, movie mode and music mode) depending on the TV programs you are watching. The LED light blinks when the EQ mode is switched successfully. In addition, we provide replacement remote control for free. (Remote control is not compatible with universal or TV remotes)
- 【What You Get】 The package contains: Soundbar*1, subwoofer*1, remote control*1, user manual*1, 3.5mm to 3.5mm auxiliary cable*1, optical cable*1, Wall mounting kit*1. In addition, you will receive 12- month product warranty and professional after-sales service.
You May Also Like…
- The 10 Best Surge Protectors for Home Theater
- 5.1 vs. 7.1 Surround Sound: Which Is Better?
- Connect TV to Receiver Without HDMI
- What is the Difference Between a 2.1 and 5.1 Soundbar?
- How to Turn Regular Speaker into Bluetooth Speaker?
Last update on 2024-03-01