A surge protector is a necessary material for any home theater. It is usually designed to protect your electronic devices from fluctuations in the supply of power. It is one of the ways to protect your home theater material. From the TV or PC to the cable box to the speakers and everything in between, there’s a lot of material in home theaters that require being perfectly protected or powered. And a surge protector does it perfectly.
Best Home Theater Surge Guards
Your home theater needs the finest finishing touches. And you have to do it carefully and correctly. After having all the amazing bits of tech, you still need to go ahead and get full accessories to go with them. But for all of these, you should always have a clear conception of surge protectors. So, what is surge protectors?
We recommend the ten best surge protectors. If you want to know each of these ten surge protectors, then keep reading.
The 10 Best Surge Protectors:
We have recommended the ten best surge protectors. You will easily find these surge protectors online. So, check out the 10 Best Surge Protectors on Amazon by using the following links:
- Panamax M8-AV-PRO 8-Outlet Home Theater Power Management System
- Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Power Strip Surge Protector
- APC 6-Outlet Smart Surge Protector (3 Smart Outlets)
- APC 11-Outlet Surge Protector with Phone, Network Ethernet & Coaxial Protection
- HOLSEM 12-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with 3 Smart USB Charging Ports
- Costech 14-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip Tower with 4 Port USB Charging Ports
- Pyle 19-Outlet 1U 19″ Rackmount PDU
- APC H15BLK 12-Outlet H-Type Rack-Mountable Power Conditioner
- CyberPower Surge Protector
- Furman M-8X2 Merit Series 8-Outlet Power Conditioner and Surge Protector
These ten best surge protectors will provide you the most amenities. They detect problems, protect from fluctuations in the power supply or any kinds of harm. So, you don’t need to concern about your old power strips. Say goodbye to them and use one of these best ten surge protectors. If you become used to these, then your home theater equipment will show better performance.
Panamax M8-AV-PRO 8-Outlet Home Theater Power Management System
Among these ten best surge protectors, the Panamax M8-AV-Pro (on Amazon) is the best one for your home theater. I recommend you use the Panamax M8-AV-Pro surge protector. I have been using this model for many years.
It contains eight standard plug sockets (suitable for 125 V input voltage), 2 COAXES, and a LAN input. This gives you better performance, and all of these have EMF filtration, which is fantastic.
The Panamax M8-AV-Pro 8-Outlet has standard surge protection, high-noise filtration, EMI, and a lifetime warranty. This warranty includes a “Panamax Surge Protector Limited Connected Equipment Protection Policy.” This policy will cover up to $5,000,000 in harm for any material that is damaged AC power or lightning surge. And this is the best warranty when it comes to surge protection.
It has a few cons, which are not extreme. As I told you, it has a lifetime warranty so it will last for many years and perform perfectly. The first disadvantage of this unit is it is the most expensive unit among the four different models, which are meant for home office applications and home theater. There are also no USB ports on this unit.
Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Power Strip Surge Protector
The Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Protection is another great choice for your home theater. It includes 12 power sockets, eight of them rotating outlets to much more space for devices with immense power adapters. It also has ethernet hookups and an in-out coaxial outlet to conserve your phone, cable box, etc.
If you have plenty of devices in your home theater, it would be suitable for you. The Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Power Strip Surge Protector has an energy of 4320 joules and an input voltage of 125 Volt. It RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) and EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference.
You can trust this surge protector. It has a lifetime warranty and a $300,000 Connected Equipment Warranty. So, you can use this surge protector for many years. You will find this Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Power Strip Surge Protector at just under $30 (on Amazon).
Though the Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Protection is a standard surge protector, it has some disadvantages. Some users have faced trouble with storm protection.
They also faced trouble with Belkin’s lifetime warranty. This surge protector doesn’t provide any USB outlets so that you can charge your phone.
- MULTI-OUTLET SURGE PROTECTOR: Turn 1 outlet into 12 surge-protected AC outlets with a compact power extension cord with 8-foot cable. Get power to multiple computing devices and peripherals, from iPhones, tablets and smartphones to laptops and projectors.
- COMPACT, SPACE-SAVING PIVOT OUTLETS: Designed with 8 rotating outlets and 4 widely spaced stationary outlets, as well as an efficient cord-management system to provides you with a clutter-free desk and all-day power.
- SAFEGUARD YOUR DEVICES & APPLIANCES: This extender has been run through extensive testing to ensure your expensive computers, monitors, hard drives, home theaters, and other appliances are protected by 4,320 joules of overcurrent and overload protection.
- SAFETY LIGHT INDICATOR: This convenient surge protector features a safety indicator light to put your mind at ease while charging. The "Protected" indicator light lets you know your equipment is secure or if your outlet needs to be readjusted.
- RELIABLE SURGE PROTECTOR: Secure your electronic devices from overload, short circuit, power spikes, lightning strikes, or fluctuations. Plus, you can purchase with confidence as it is protected by $300,000 Connected Equipment Warranty.
APC 6-Outlet Smart Surge Protector (3 Smart Outlets)
If you are looking for a smart surge protector, then The APC 6-Outlet Smart Power Strip with Surge Protection is one of the best surge protectors out there. This power strip contains six power outlets, 2USB ports, and Alexa voice activation can control 3 of the power outlets. All these outlets and USB ports are protected with a 2160 joules energy. As it connects to an existing Wi-Fi connection, you don’t need any hub to use the smart functionality of this device.
This power strip has a 6-foot-long power cord, and the plug is at a 90-degree right angle wall plug which helps to save on space. Though this unit has surge protection, it doesn’t have any kind of Electro-Magnetic Interference filtration. But it’s not necessary.
This surge protector comes with a $150,000 Connected Equipment Protection policy and a lifetime warranty.
You may be thinking that this smartest surge protector wouldn’t have any cons. But unfortunately, it also has some cons.
All of the six outlets aren’t smart-enabled. Because this smart functionality doesn’t work with IFTTT or Google Home, they may probably add this smart functionality in the future.
- 5 wifi smart plugs: 3 surge protected smart outlets, plus 2 smart USB charger ports (2.4A shared) that can be independently controlled by Alexa or the APCHome app
- 3 standard surge protector outlets, and 2 standard USB charging ports (2.4A shared)
- 2160 Joules of surge protection (inlcudes UL certification) to guard connected electronics from the most powerful surges
- Alexa smart plug voice control. Or access the smart plugs from your phone via the free APCHome app, and control from anywhere (wifi required, but no hub needed)
- Scheduling: Devices connected to the wifi outlet, such as lighting, small household devices and other electronics, can be scheduled to turn on or turn off automatically via the apc home app, available from the Apple app and Google play stores
APC 11-Outlet Surge Protector with Phone, Network Ethernet & Coaxial Protection
The APC 11-Outlet contains 11 outlets, and for large adapters, six are block-spaced. It also has ethernet hookups and coaxial for phone and network protection. It has an eight-foot-long cord, and the plug is at a 180-degree right angle plug.
APC 11-Outlet surge protector provides a $100,000 Equipment Protection Policy and a 3020 joules equipment protection. You can easily buy this surge protector at just over $30 on Amazon.
Though the APC 11-Outlet Surge Protector is a standard one, it has no power conditioning capabilities and no USB outlets.
Users reported that they faced bad network connections while plugging their internet into this surge protectors ethernet outlets.
- 3020 Joule surge protector power strip
- 11 total power surge protector outlets with sliding safety shutters, 6 outlets are block spaced for larger adapters
- Data Line Protection: Analog phone line for phone/fax/modem/DSL (RJ-11 connector), Network line - 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector), Coaxial cable for CATV/SATV/modem/Audio-Video (coax connector)
- 8 feet cord with 180 degree rotation and right angle plug
- Lifetime warranty and 100,000 dollars equipment protection policy provides peace of mind
HOLSEM 12-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with 3 Smart USB Charging Ports
This power strip comes with 12 power outlets, with six widely spaced power adapters and large cords. It has two Smart IC Technology USB charging ports (5V/1.3A power). All these power outlets are protected with high surge protection of 1875 Watts. It also has a 6-foot heavy-duty extension power cable which can cover most people’s needs.
The HOLSEM 12-Outlet offers good EMF filtration, and this power strip is made with flame-retardant materials. These materials are compatible with temperatures up to 1380 degrees Fahrenheit or 748.89 degrees Celsius.
You can buy this HOLSEM 12-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Protection at just over $30 on Amazon.
The HOLSEM 12-Outlet Surge Protector provides no power conditioning capabilities. Some users faced different troubles with this power strip. They report that the ON/OFF switch is loose. The HOLSEM replied that they designed it that way.
Some also report that the activation light is small, and it is not able to be seen across the room.
- 8 AC outlets and 2 USB ports surge protector with 6 ft extension cord ideal for home office and professional workstations. 2390 joule energy rating is ideal for computers, laser printers, telephones, and home theatre systems.
- 2 X Smart USB: The 2 built-in Smart IC technology USB ports detect your devices automatically and deliver the fastest possible charge speed up to 5V/2.4A.
- Guaranteed Quality and All-around Protection: ETL Listed and FCC Certificated.Surge Protection feature safeguards your expensive computers, smartphones and all other electronics from voltage fluctuations, surges and spikes.Overload Protection with the double break overload switch.Made of Flame Retardant Material which is able to withstand temperature up to 1,380℉(750℃).
- Convenience: 2 widely spaced surge protected outlets for bulky plugs and 6 surge protected outlets for normal style plugs.The keyhole slots on the back allow you to easily mount it to a wall or baseboard vertically
- What you will get: one Power Strip, one User Guide and one Warranty Card; Worry-free 24-month warranty, 30-day no-hassle return & refund guarantee and life time technical support.
Costech 14-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip Tower with 4 Port USB Charging Ports
The Costech 14-Outlet Power Strip Tower with Surge Protection comes with 4 Port USB charging ports. It is both well designed and well-priced surge protector. You can buy this power strip on Amazon at just under $30.
The tower can both be mounted through the handle on the peak and stand upright. There are a total of 14 outlets that permits ideal cord spacing. It also has four USB ports. It contains a built-in smart control overload protector and is made of compatible flame-resistant ABS and PVC, 2500 watts rated power copper core, and a 6-foot cable.
This surge protector doesn’t provide power conditioning capabilities and no coaxial and Ethernet hookups.
Pyle 19-Outlet 1U 19″ Rackmount PDU
This Surge Protector contains 19 fantastic outlets and a 1U rackmount height. Among these 19 outlets, there are 16 flexible rear-facing power outlets. There are also three wide-spaced front panel outlets. This power strip also has one charge port.
For preventing dangerous circuit overloads, there is a built-in 15A circuit breaker. It operates a voltage of 110/240 volts which gives permission for reliable distribution of AC power.
The Pyle 19-Outlet 1U 19″ Rackmount surge protector has no coaxial hookups and ethernet hookups. And the cost of this surge protector is too much higher than the other surge protector.
- DETACHABLE 1U RACK DESIGN - Versatile space saving 1U form factor rackmount power strip ideal for standard 19-inch racks. Detachable mounting flanges are configurable for rack-mount, wall-mount and under-counter installation.
- FLEXIBLE REAR OUTLETS - 3 wide spaced front panel outlets and 16 flexible rear facing power cable outlet plugs allowing room for AC adapters and transformers. Integrated USB port for convenient simultaneous power supply to all your favorite devices.
- PREMIUM SAFETY FEATURES - Integrated switched front panel AC outlet, plastic cover encased power switch. Built-in 15-amp circuit breaker prevents dangerous circuit overloads damaging equipment, shutting off AC input when load draws too much power.
- 15FT POWER CABLE - Provide power supply distribution to previously un-powered areas away from power sources with an extra long 15-feet power cord, and power applications, or locations that require power, to many devices simultaneously.
- 110/240V - For worldwide usage. Optimized for reliable distribution of alternate waveform AC power from a UPS system, generator or utility wall outlet to put you in control of getting reliable power service where you need it most.
APC H15BLK 12-Outlet H-Type Rack-Mountable Power Conditioner
The APC H15BLK 12-Outlet H-Type Power Conditioner features 12 well-spaced power outlets. It also provides modem and antenna protection. This surge protector has ethernet cable hookups.
The power conditioner protects from electrical noise interference. It has a mountable built-in circuit breaker.
This rack-mountable power conditioner surge protector comes from a trusted brand in the home theater industry. So, you can rely on this surge protector.
The APC H15BLK 12-Outlet H-Type Power Conditioner has a few cons. Firstly, it doesn’t provide any USB outlets. And secondly, the price of this protector is a little bit high.
Though it has a few cons, it gets very nice ratings from the customers.
CyberPower Surge Protector
The CyberPower CPS121RMS 12-Outlet Power Strip with Surge protection is made with a metal casing. It has six outlets in front and six outlets in the rear. Because of that, on the back six outlets, there is a great amount of spacing.
This surge protector has an EMI/RFI noise filter. It offers 1800J of protection. The design of this surge protector makes it better. It has a rack bar design which makes it easier to plug devices in. As it is made with metal casing, it has a 3-year warranty.
Though the CyberPower CPS121RMS Power Strip with Surge Protection sits at a reasonable price for its capabilities, it has a much lower joule rating than most other surge protectors. It also doesn’t provide any ethernet outlets or coaxial hookups.
- 120V/15A Rackmount Surge Protector provides critical power protection for data centers, network closets, and VoIP Phone systems
- OUTPUT: 12 NEMA 5-15R OUTLETS (6 front and 6 rear); INPUT: NEMA 5-15P straight plug, 15 ft power cord
- VERSATILE RACKMOUNT OPTIONS: Allows for the PDU to be installed vertically or horizontally
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Network-grade plugs and outlets, industrial-grade metal housing, and cord retention tray
- 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Furman M-8X2 Merit Series 8-Outlet Power Conditioner and Surge Protector
The Furman M-8X2 Merit Series 8-Outlet Surge Protector contains nine outlets, eight of them are rear panel outlets, and three of the outlets have a large amount of spacing between them. It also has one front panel advantage outlet.
This surge protector comes with a filtration rating of over 23 Decibels,200 K-Hz to 10 M-Hz. It also has EMI/RFI interference for a clear sound. You can easily buy this power conditioner and surge protector combo at just under $60 on Amazon.
This surge protector is built for only a small theater. It also doesn’t provide any USB outlets, coaxial cable hookups, and ethernet outlets.
Get Started – Buy Your Home Theater Surge Protector
If you are going to buy a surge protector for your home theater, you have to always keep in mind that it meets all of your current needs, energy needs, etc.
There are so many surge protectors for your home theater, so you have to choose the best one for your home theater wisely. For example, if you have bulky cords and lots of adapters, you would have to ensure that your surge protector has huge space between plug-ins or rotating outlets. You can also consult an expert to ensure that you purchase the best one for your home theater.
Is it worth it to purchase an all-in-one power conditioner and surge protector?
If you have high-valued equipment in your home theater system, then it is worth buying an all-in-one power conditioner and surge protector. Though the price of an all-in-one power conditioner and a surge protector is higher than the regular surge protectors, it is definitely worth it for your high-valued home theater system because a power conditioner strains out “dirty” power. And this is how it keeps your expensive device safe.
Is there any reason not to buy a surge protector for my home theater?
If you think that you can keep your home theater equipment safe without buying a surge protector, you are completely wrong. If you don’t have any surge protector at the time of the storm, then the bad storm can blow out all of your hardware of video gaming equipment, cable boxes, etc. So, it is a surge protector which protects your all home theater equipment from any type of harm.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last update on 2023-11-30