Setting up a home theater room is a difficult project to undertake, but if you are serious about this, then it comes down to how much you are willing to invest. Both time and money matter.
Because of the pandemic, movie enthusiasts cannot visit local cinemas, and watching movies on a small computer screen just does not offer that experience you get in a cinema.
Of course, replicating everything identically is more or less impossible, but a proper home theater setup is arguably the best option you have.
Before you commit to the idea, you should consider how to approach the whole thing. Starting small and seeing how you feel about your very own home theater without committing too much can save you a lot of time and money.
For example, you could get a simple TV first and connect Google Chromecast to it. Setapp.com the basics for MacBook users, but you can also find similar guides for other computers.
The purpose of this is to get a feel of how it would be like to set up a home theater and whether you are actually up for the task. From here, if things are okay, you can move on to the next step. And if not, stick to a more traditional method of consuming media without all that comes with a home theater.
Find Dedicated Space
Once you take care of the technical questions and equipment, you can move to the next step, which is finding dedicated space for the theater.
Ideally, it should be a big room since you might want to expand it later by adding extra seats. In addition, the more space there is, the more modifications you can introduce later.
Also, if you have a dedicated room, it is easier to create a proper movie atmosphere because there are no distractions.
You want to control ambient light and noise. The goal is to have as little natural light as possible. Whenever someone remodels their homes, the goal is to have more natural light, but the case is different with home theaters.
A similar thing can be said about sound. It can be tricky to eliminate outside noise that disrupts the immersion of watching a movie. Isolating walls with soundproof tools should not be too expensive.
The argument for ventilation might go against the point we made about getting rid of ambient noise. It is more or less impossible to create an AC system that is silent. However, sitting in a room when it is hot is not really an option either.
You will need to compromise and find equipment that is not too loud but still does the job of ventilating the room.
Well, decorations might be a bit of a stretch, but there are certain elements to make the room feel more like a real cinema.
For instance, you could install red velvet walls or tiered seating (provided there is enough space in your home theater). A popcorn maker is also worth considering, though it might also come down to the question of whether you can fit it in somehow.
The bottom line is that little bits of what you find in a real cinema help create that authentic atmosphere.
Plan Lighting System
If you have been to a cinema before, it goes without saying that you should be aware of how much of a difference proper lighting systems make.
You want to dim the lights and make sure that the audience can focus on the screen without getting distracted and ruining their viewing pleasures.
The sound control system should not be too complicated so long as you set everything up correctly. Since the sound bounces off the walls, ceiling, and flooring, the goal is to limit the bouncing. Otherwise, the sound gets scuffed, leaving viewers less than happy.
Wall-to-wall carpeting, draperies on the walls, soft seating, and picture frames with glasses are some of the most popular examples of modifications that let home theater owners control sound bouncing.
Add Drop-Down Screen
Do not keep the projector on a flat surface. Instead, suspend it from the ceiling. This particular practice is used to protect the projector, and it makes even more sense if you paid a lot of money for a high-quality project.
Close Up Windows
This one should be obvious, but you still need to make sure that the windows are closed so that the light from the outside is blocked.
The problem is that closing the windows can be a bit tricky, depending on how the room is. In addition, there are certain safety protocols one needs to follow, so checking with the authorities about it is a good piece of advice.
Best Seller List of Home Theater System:
- 5.1-channel 80-Watt powerful surround sound system
- 4K60, 4K120AB* and 8K60B* HDMI 2.1 (*with future update) with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (4 in/1 out)
- Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma and BT.2020
- Supports enhanced media and gaming - ALLM, VRR, QFT, QMS (with future update)
- YPAO automatic room calibration
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH – A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added depth that brings your music and movies alive. A perfect solution for your small-to-mid size room
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME – Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS EASILY WITH ANY SPEAKER and plays the most demanding nodes effortlessly without any distortion
- DOUBLE THE AMPLIFIER POWER TO 100 Watts of Dynamic Power with its in-built 50-watt RMS amp. Sophisticated engineering with best in class resonance-free driver materials make this sub highly durable and FIT FOR EXTENDED USE
- EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH EXISTING SYSTEMS – Hook up this sub to the receiver and upgrade your music sound instantly! Features continuously variable 80-160 Hz crossover and 40-160 Hz (-3dB) frequency response
- A sleek detachable grille on the front, speaker and line-level inputs as well as speaker-level outputs on the back, and a Phase Toggle Switch for multiple subwoofers, make this sub cohesive and complete!
- Fleischmann, Mark (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 286 Pages - 10/01/2021 (Publication Date) - Quiet River Press (Publisher)
- 5.1 Channel Surround Stereo Sound: Bobtot speaker has two modes of 5.1/2.1 channel, switch via remote control. Pro surround function provides you with more advanced enjoyment. You can independently control the volume of each speaker and the subwoofer
- 800 Watts Peak Power: Home theater system speakers can reach up to 800 watts of power, 6.5 inch Subwoofer with built-in receiver, high volume but with professional sound quality and excellent bass sound, deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible. Bring you and your family with full cinema experience at home
- Multimedia Support: 5.0 Bluetooth speakers can connect various smart devices, which are compatible with USB/SD/DVD/OPT/COA/AUX, also have a Built-In FM Receiver with Amazing Reception. USB/SD input (max file size 16Gb). 2 ¼” MIC Inputs with Echo function for karaoke
- Multiple Application: Plug and play, Speakers are widely used for numerous scenarios such as Ultra HD 4K TV, game console, home DVD, computer, laptop. It's very suitable for watching movies, watching football games, partying, and e-sports games with friends at home. Additional cables include Optical cable/Coaxial cable/Signal cable/Antenna cable can support any application in need
- Bobtot Speakers: Bobtot home theater system speakers use Top quality MDF wood cabinets with plastics front pannels, and has LED lighting effect and digital display function. With longer built-in cable, the speakers can be placed anywhere: Front Speakers L/F: 13Ft, Rear Speakers L/R: 31Ft, Center Speaker: 10Ft
- 6 surround speakers: subwoofer, front left and right, rear left and right and center
- 5.1 channel virtual surround sound
- Volume and bass control knobs on the back of the subwoofer
- Subwoofer measures 5.91 x 9.37 x 8.07 inches - Speakers measure 3.35 x 3.07 x 5.35 inches
- Powered via the built-in AC power cable
- HTS56 5.1 Channel Home Theater System with LED Light Effects. Plug and play system with everything you need right out of the box. 1000-Watts Peak Power. 500-Watts Program Power. 250-Watts Continuous RMS Power. 8” Subwoofer with Built-In Receiver. 1x 3” Center Channel Speaker.
- 2x 3” Full Range Front Channel Speakers. 2x 3” Full Range Rear Channel Speakers. Top Quality MDF Wood Cabinets with Plastic Front Panels. Built-In FM Receiver with Amazing Reception. Built-In Optical input to connect to your Television. Digital Display. Selectable preset equalizer curves.
- You can independently control the volume of each speaker and the subwoofer. Bluetooth v2.1. USB Input (max file size 16Gb). SD Input (max file size 16Gb). 2 ¼” MIC Inputs with Echo function for karaoke. 5 RCA Audio Outputs. 6 RCA DVD Audio Inputs. 2 RCA AUX Inputs.
- Optical input to connect to your TV. FM Antenna Input. Full Function Remote. The Subwoofer unit has 4 LED lighting modes: (blink to the beat, solid on, spectrum EQ analyzer, off) and selectable with 7 colors or multi-color mode.
- Zero distortion can be heard even with volume and bass settings all the way up! The sound on this system is better than anything even that cost twice the price!. Cable Length: Front L/F: 12Ft, Rear L/R: 30Ft, Center: 10Ft. Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20KHz. Certification: CE and RoHS Compliant. Signal to noise ratio: ≥70dB (Maximum output with THD+N
- Low-Profile Design and Brilliant Clarity with 6 Full-range Speakers
- Powerful 5" Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth Music Streaming
- Complete Immersion with Discreet Volume Adjustable Surround Speakers
- Optimized for 4K TVs with Dolby Audio 5.1 and HDMI (Cable Included)
- Control with TV Remote using HDMI, Audio Cables Included for Easy Setup
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Matt Hookings, Michael Mckell, Hannah Waddingham (Actors)
- Dom Lenoir (Director) - Ross Owen Williams (Writer) - Matt Hookings (Producer)
- (Playback Language)
- Hear your TV better: Designed with simplicity in mind, the Bose TV Speaker is a small soundbar that clarifies speech and is a simple fix for better TV sound.
- Wide, natural sound: 2 angled full-range drivers deliver a more realistic, spatial audio experience for overall better TV sound from a small soundbar.
- Enhanced dialogue: This TV speaker is designed to specifically focus on clarifying and elevating vocals and pronunciation.
- Bluetooth TV speaker: Pair your device to this Bluetooth soundbar to wirelessly stream your favorite music and podcasts.
- Simple setup: A single connection from this compact soundbar to the TV via an optical audio cable (included) or an HDMI cable (sold separately) has you up and running in minutes.
Last update on 2022-05-21