Home theater is what we look for to enjoy digital music, playing games, and watching videos from external devices or through online streaming services. The comfort of enjoying such things while you are on your couch is such an amazing feeling.
Building a high-quality computer that can be your home theater system is not so tough; you just need to select the PC hardware wisely.
And we are right here to help you with this with the guide mentioned below. It contains information about the hardware components you need to add up for setting up a proper home theater.
A big screen with a high-resolution advantage is the first basic need to set up a home theater. These days 4K compatible screens are high in demand because they provide a finer and clearer projection so that you get the excellent output without any screen flickering issues.
If the screen on your Mac or Windows computer flickers and you cannot figure out the cause, click here to learn the possible ways to fix the problem.
Central Processing Unit
CPU selection is another step in setting up a great home theater. We need to look for a highly efficient power supply. The power consumption process should be minimal, and performance should be high.
Minimal usage of fans or high efficiency for the same is required so that you can check if the performance is as per expectations.
The graphics card becomes an essential part, particularly when you are looking to watch action movies with a loud sound. The HTPC builds you want can be gained through this only. However, the more it runs, the more heat it will generate, and there will be a lot of noise.
Having graphics cards is not mandatory, yet it will boost your experience with additional display options.
Mini-ITX motherboards are good to go if you only want to set a screen at home. The board has great space for a natural pairing, but the single PCIe slot can be a concern if you want to do multiple things. In that case, the Micro ATX boards come to be part of your home theater.
The motherboard easily accommodates additional PCIe slots. Also, check if the motherboard is compatible with your CPU.
If you are not set for gaming and are more focused on watching movies, then 8GB RAM is sufficient. In case you love to play games, then doubling the RAM will help you. You will notice that the speed and performance increase significantly.
When it comes down to inserting a memory chip, you can either pick a single RAM of 16 GB or two of 8 GB is your choice.
However, the home theater systems do not have space for the cooling system, but it is an essential requirement. Browsing and watching videos do not make a call for setting up the cooling system, but if you want beyond this, you need to investigate liquid coolers or low–profile air coolers.
Installing a cooling element inside your computer will prevent it from constantly overheating when you are running high-end entertainment apps.
When it comes to storage, install high-speed noiseless drives in your home theater computer or media server. Instead of those slow and old disc-style hard drives, the SSDs are good to go with. These devices are reasonable to buy and make a good option for your home theater setup.
There are some additional components to be used for setting a great home theater with utmost satisfaction. For playing Blu-ray discs, you need to get an optical disc drive.
Power Supply Unit
The bigger PSU you choose to add up in your home theater, the more power consumption and more noise. But, for sure, if you want to watch a movie, it should be in peace. No one loves the noise while enjoying the movie.
If you want a strong multimedia and gaming build, then you must have a PSU that has a strong fan that can run regularly. In this case, only highly efficient PSUs will work.
The sound card is another important component that helps you to set full-fledged high-quality speakers. A cable TV card helps to provide more, even if you have internet access to stream anything you want.
The computer with streaming services allows you to watch whatever you want, but cable TV lets you get tuned to the world with you anytime.
The article gives you enough information about all the essential components that you need to build a computer for a home theater system. You will get a lot of options online or at the physical stores; the one you choose for your home theater computer, don’t forget to keep your budget in mind.
Proper research is very important before you take a step ahead to buy any hardware. With this guide, you can have an idea of what you need to set up an amazing home theater computer. Don’t forget to consider your specific preferences.
Best Seller List of Home Theater Computers:
- Intel Core i5-4570T @ 2. 9 GHz, High Performance 4th Generation Processor
- 8 GB DDR3L Ram / 240 GB Solid State Drive (SSD). Comes With Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit).
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 21.5-inch (Diagonal) LED-backlit Display with IPS Technology; 1920-by-1080 Resolution
- 1TB Hard Drive, 8 GB (Two 4 GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer
- 【High Speed RAM And Enormous Space】RAM is 16GB DDR4 memory for multitasking adequate High-Bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard drive is 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【AMD Processor】AMD Athlon Silver 3050U (2.30 GHz base clock, up to 3.20 GHz max boost clock, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- 【Display】21.5" diagonal FHD VA ZBD anti-glare WLED-backlit, 250 nits, 72% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
- 【Tech Specs】Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.2 combo; 2 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 2 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI 1.4, 1 x headphone/microphone combo, 1 x RJ-45; White wired keyboard & mouse
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Home-Beautiful, more consistent new design, Great window layout options, Better multi-monitor functionality, Improved performance features, New videogame selection and capabilities, Compatible with Android Apps
- This Certified Refurbishd product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbishd products on Amazon.com
- Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz Processor.
- New 4GB Memory - 160GB SATA Hard Drive.
- Windows 10 Professional 64BIT
- Keyboard, Power Cord, and Mouse included.
- 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11400 Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.4 GHz)
- Windows 11 Home and 1 month trial of Microsoft 365 for new customers - ASUS recommends Windows 11 Pro for business
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD and 16GB DDR4 RAM (expandable up to 64GB)
- TPM 2.0 Security for secure data encryption
- Compact Form Factor - weighs 13 lbs
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- HP Elite 8200 Small Form Factor Desktop PC, Intel Quad Core i5-2400 up to 3.4GHz, 8G DDR3, 1T, DVDRW, WiFi, Windows 10 64-Multi-Language Support English/Spanish/French (Renewed)
- Includes: USB Keyboard & Mouse, WiFi Adapter, Microsoft office 30 days free trail..
- Ports: USB 2.0, DisplayPort, VGA, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, RJ-45, microphone/headphone jack, line in, line out.
- Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit – Multi-language supports English/Spanish/French.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10400 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.3GHz)
- 12GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory | 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW)
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology | Bluetooth 5.2 | 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 1 - USB 3.2 Type C Gen 2 port (up to 10 Gbps) (Front) | 1 - USB 3.2 Gen 2 Ports (Front) | 2 - USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A Ports (Rear) | 4 - USB 2.0 Ports (Rear) | 2 - HDMI Ports (Rear)
- USB Keyboard and Mouse Included | Comes with Windows 11
- 🖥 POWERFUL PROCESSOR and SUPERIOR STORAGE: Configured with top of the Intel Core i5 processor for lightning-fast, reliable and consistent performance to ensure an exceptional PC experience. 16GB RAM memory to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Customized with 2TB HDD storage space to store apps, games, photos, music, and movies. Loaded with 16GB to zip through multiple tasks in a hurry without lag.
- 🖥️ 22-inch Monitor: Monitor brands may vary based on stock availability. Monitors don’t have minor blemishes or but no scratches or dead pixels on the screen.
- ⌨️ +🖱️ MTG RGB KEYBOARD AND MOUSE: Keyboard has 3 LED colors - Blue, red, green, Backlight LED Lights for use at night time, looks amazing. The keyboard and mouse are responsive, reliable, and probably plastered in RGB lights. It's important you pick the right one for your desktop.
- 💿 WINDOWS 10 Pro LATEST: A new installation of the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit Operating System software, free of bloatware commonly installed from other manufacturers. As Microsoft's latest and best OS to date, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit will maximize the utility of each PC for years to come. Optional software such as Anti-Virus and Office 365 can also be easily downloaded through the Microsoft Windows App Store.
- 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB Shared L3 Cache
- 500 GB Serial ATA Drive
- 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, OS X Mavericks
- 21.5-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit IPS Display; 1920-by-1080 Resolution; Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Intel Core i5-4570T @ 2.90 GHz, High Performance 4th Generation Processor
- Memory 8GB DDR3L Ram /hard drive 256 GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Dual Monitor Support, USB Wireless WIFI Adapter(no Antenna Required), Bluetooth, 6 x USB 3. 0, RJ-45
- Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit)
Last update on 2022-05-21