Have your expensive home theatre equipment? Are you sure that it’s protected? The best way to protect home theatre equipment is with a power conditioner after beyond surge protection.
Why have you used to buy a power conditioner for your home theatre appliance? A power conditioner plays a vital role in home theatres that filters out “dirty” power and keeps equipment safer, lasting for as long as possible, and functioning at top speed.
If a top-notch power conditioner doesn’t protect the equipment, the equipment is vulnerable to dips and spikes in your electric current that causes damage to the equipment. In addition, the power conditioners filter out excess noise to deliver a clean and crisp sound for the home theatre. You can even hook up your home theatre and lighting to a power conditioner so that it can be protected from electrical shock and surge damage.
There are few options for power conditioners on the market, so we have listed the 11 best power conditioners for home theatres on the market for a high budget to low budget. Also Read, 9 Best handy power station
Our Top 3 Picks:
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Power Conditioner for your home. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Budget-friendly: CyberPower CPS1215RMS Surge Protector (on Amazon)
– Mid-range: Pyle PCO860 19 Outlet Power Conditioner (on Amazon)
– Higher-end: Furman PL-PLUS C 15 Amp Power Conditioner (on Amazon)
The 11 Best Power Conditioners Available on Market:
- Furman Power Conditioner SS6B
- Accell PowerSquid Surge Protector Power Strip
- CyberPower CPS1215RMS Surge Protector
- Pyle PCO850 15 Amp Power Supply Conditioner
- Furman M-8X2 Merit Series 8 Outlet Power Conditioner and Surge Protector
- Pyle 19 Outlet 1U 19″ Rackmount PDU Power Distribution Supply Center Conditioner PCO860
- Furman Power Conditioner PST-8D
- Panamax MR4300 9-Outlet Home Theater Power Management with Surge Protection and Power Conditioning
- Furman Power Conditioner M8DX
- Furman PL-PLUS C 15 Amp Power Conditioner
- APC H15BLK 12-Outlet H-Type Rack-Mountable Power Conditioner
These are our favorites for the best power conditioners for home theaters, organized by price range & budget:
- # 1-4: Budget-friendly
- # 5-7: Mid-range
- # 8-11: Higher-end
1. Furman Power Conditioner SS6B
- 15 foot power cord
- Illuminated ON/OFF switch
- Circuit breaker
- 6-outlet block
- EMI/RFI noise attenuation
The Furman Power Conditioner SS6B is a trusted home theatre industry brand with a low-priced power conditioner. If they’re on a budget, this may be the power conditioner for your home theatre. It comes with a long-lasting 15-foot power cord and a circuit breaker, and six outlets.
It is well-built with heavy-duty metal and comes with EMI/RFI noise attenuation for home theatre power conditioning. It helps to eliminate humming noises from worse grounding or pops when your speaker is turned on.
The Furman Power Conditioner SS6B has six outlets, but this may not be enough to supply a medium or large, high-end home theatre system. People may conclude their purchase with two speakers. In addition, the outlets are not very broadly placed. You may run into a problem being able to fit all your add-in.
The Furman Power Conditioner SS6B comes without a lot of whistles and bells. It won’t supply any USB, coaxial, or ethernet hook-ups, like many other power conditioners. It has basic power conditioning capabilities, but this is just a good-quality surge protector with some power conditioning capabilities compared to more high-end power conditioners.
2. Accell Flexible Surge Protector Power Conditioner
- Plug into all 5 outlets, even with bulky adapters & Transformers
- Flexible, adapter-friendly outlets protect your power Cords from wear and tear
- Product safety tested and Certified by UL
- 1080 Joules of surge protection, 3-foot heavy duty power cord
- Durability and performance Backed by Accell 5-year connected equipment $100, 000 Limited warranty
The Accollé Power Squid Surge Protector Power Strip is an economical surge protector and power conditioner. The Accollé Power Squid Surge Protector comes with a 3-foot, heavy-duty power cord, and five flexible outlets. The people can be utilized the outlets for your home theatre since they each have their flexible arms attached. It boasts 1,080 joules of surge protection and basic power conditioning and noise reduction features through filtering RF/EMI in your home theatre audio.
Such as the Furman Power Conditioner SS6B, the Accollé Power Squid doesn’t come with a whole lot of features to write home about. Still, it fulfills its basic purpose of being a surge protector and power conditioner. For small home theatres, this may be the perfect option. However, you’ll need to purchase more than one, and five outlets for larger home theatres won’t cut it.
In addition, it also comes without any USB, Ethernet, or coaxial hook-ups, like other power conditioner/surge protector models on the market today.
3. CyberPower CPS1215RMS Surge Protector
- 120V/15A Rackmount Surge Protector provides critical power protection for data centers, network closets, and VoIP Phone systems
- OUTPUT: 12 NEMA 5-15R OUTLETS (6 front and 6 rear); INPUT: NEMA 5-15P straight plug, 15 ft power cord
- VERSATILE RACKMOUNT OPTIONS: Allows for the PDU to be installed vertically or horizontally
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Network-grade plugs and outlets, industrial-grade metal housing, and cord retention tray
- 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The CyberPower Surge Protector is a 120V/15A rack bar surge protector. It comes with a whopping 12 outlets and includes EMI/RFI noise filtering and UL recognition. Due to the number of outlets, the CyberPower CPS1215RMS Surge Protector is a commendable budget-friendly power conditioner for a medium or large home theatre.
There are six outlets in front of the CyberPower CPS1215RMS. The six safety valves are widely separated and leave room for extra bulky cords and wall adapters. It is constructed by industrial-grade metal housing and has a 15-foot power cord. It also has a cord retention tray.
The CyberPower CPS1215RMS Surge Protector, as opposed to our previous two options with some power conditioning capabilities, is more than a basic surge protector strip. It is not a simple power conditioner that was built with users in mind. The protector comes with 1,800 joules of surge protection and is a 1U rackmount (19 inches) with 0U vertical rackmount and under-counter configurations.
The CyberPower CPS1215RMS Surge Protector is an extended budget-friendly option for home theatre power conditioning; it only comes with traditional outlets with connections for Ethernet, coaxial cables, etc. USB cords.
4. PylePro PCO850 15 Amp 9 Outlet Surge Protector
- RELIABLE SURGE PROTECTION: The power supply PDU surge protector strip features 150 joules energy dissipation and 1200 amp peak impulse current to protect your equipment when voltage fluctuates, swell, or spike during storms and power outages
- 9 OUTLET: Equipped w/ 8 rear and 1 front outlet so you can turn one outlet into nine w/ the surge protector power strip. Has a master power switch that you can use to completely shut off electronics when not in use for power/energy saving
- ELIMINATES RFI AND EMI: The built in ac noise filters get rid of unwanted radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) to improve the stability of the equipment and prolong the service life of your electronics at home or office
- 1U RACK MOUNTABLE: This power strip surge protector is designed for 1u rackmount installation for hassle free cable management and provides a neat look to your work station
- BUILT TO LAST: Made with sturdy steel chassis, aluminum front panel, and 6 feet long power cord that can withstand light tugging so you can convert any standard AC outlet into a mini charging station for smartphone/laptops w/ bulky charger
Pyle PCO850 15-Amp Power Supply Conditioner is our last budget-friendly pick and a great choice for home theatres by the leading home theatre Pyle brand. It has inbuilt eliminating RFI, EMI, and also AC noise filtering to surge protection and spike.
It has a function voltage on 115V – 60 Hz with nine outlets, but the first eight are situated in the rear. There are three of the backspaced shops that help you make room for power adapters and bulky cords. It has an inbuilt circuit breaker with 15-amp ratings. It has a 1U mountable rack, and its peak compulsion is 1,200amps. Pyle supply conditioner has a 6-foot power cord and weighs 3.5 lbs.
With the three widely spaced outlets and one in the front by itself, you should have more than enough room to utilize all your plug-ins for your home theatre, and with nine outlets, it should suit many home theatres on its own.
The Pyle PCO850-15Amp Power Supply Conditioner has great ratings from most of the customers in the market. A ratio that has more than one customer has said that its surge protection has the capabilities but not the up-to mark. One of the users said the equipment connected to the Pyle PCO850 15 Amp Power Supply Conditioner suffered damage during a surge when other equipment hooked up to a basic surge protector did not.
While nine outlets are a good amount for most basic home theatres, some may find that this is not enough for their home theatre. In addition, the Pyle PCO850 15 Amp Power Supply Conditioner does not have any USB, coaxial, or Ethernet hook-ups.
5. Furman M-8X2 Merit Series 8 Outlet Power Conditioner and Surge Protector
- AC noise filtering reduces RFI/EMI, Spike & surge protection ensures equipment stays safe & power stays clean,
- 15 amp rating with circuit breaker and "Protection OK" Front Panel Indicator to let you know that your equipment is being protected
- 9 Total outlets: 8 rear panel outlets (including 3 with "wall wart" spacing) and 1 front panel convenience outlet
- Filtration rating greater than 23 dB, 200 Khz to 10 Mhz, perfect for instrument rigs, home recording, DJ equipment, pro audio rigs and home entertainment systems
- Furman's AC noise filtering reduces RFI and EMI interference to deliver a cleaner sound without pops, crackles and the local radio station coming out of your amp
It has two types of models at the mid-range price, one with a rack and one without one. An AC noise filtering system that reduces RFI/EMI and spike and surges protection keeps your appliance safe, alone with nine full shops.
There is eight rear panel safety valve, and three are widely expanse for power adapters. And also, on the front panel, there is a convenience safety valve. It has a purify rating more prominent than 23 dB, 200 kHz to 10 MHz, which is great for home theatres of all sizes and shapes. They are raved about eliminating all pops, crackles, and excess noise in speakers.
It also has a 15-amp rating with a circuit breaker built-in. This professionally built power conditioner and a surge protector are a true gem at a great price.
Many purchasers of it are very pleased with its power conditioning capabilities and noise reduction. Someone said that the hum sounds are not reduced.
The nine outlets are enough for many home theatres, and large home theatre owners may not have enough outlets for all their products and accessories. Additionally, there are no extra hook-ups like USB, Ethernet, or coaxial.
6. Pyle 19 Outlet 1U 19″ Rackmount PDU Power Conditioner
- DETACHABLE 1U RACK DESIGN - Versatile space saving 1U form factor rackmount power strip ideal for standard 19-inch racks. Detachable mounting flanges are configurable for rack-mount, wall-mount and under-counter installation.
- FLEXIBLE REAR OUTLETS - 3 wide spaced front panel outlets and 16 flexible rear facing power cable outlet plugs allowing room for AC adapters and transformers. Integrated USB port for convenient simultaneous power supply to all your favorite devices.
- PREMIUM SAFETY FEATURES - Integrated switched front panel AC outlet, plastic cover encased power switch. Built-in 15-amp circuit breaker prevents dangerous circuit overloads damaging equipment, shutting off AC input when load draws too much power.
- 15FT POWER CABLE - Provide power supply distribution to previously un-powered areas away from power sources with an extra long 15-feet power cord, and power applications, or locations that require power, to many devices simultaneously.
- 110/240V - For worldwide usage. Optimized for reliable distribution of alternate waveform AC power from a UPS system, generator or utility wall outlet to put you in control of getting reliable power service where you need it most.
The Pyle-PCO860 19 Outlet Power Conditioner is a mid-range power conditioner that is sure to impress with a whopping 19 outlets – 16 of which come with their arms, so you are sure to be able to utilize all of them. It is sure to be enough outlets for just about any home theatre. The Pyle-PCO860 19 comes along with one USB safety valve.
It has a desulfurize 1u rack design for standard 19-inch racks, and it has detachable mounting flanges for rackmount, under-counter installation options, and mount wall. It has an inbuilt 15-amp circuit breaker and a 15-foot power cable. This power conditioner by top home theatre supplier Pyle has an integrated switched front panel AC outlet. It is optimized for reliable power distribution with a processing USB power of 5V/2A and voltage of 110/240V.
This may appear to be the ideal average power conditioner on the line, but the Pyle-PCO860 19 does have little conquest, as said by buyers. One person from the buyers said the USB safety valve is broken, even after acquiring two different models. In addition, one person said the Pyle PCO860 19 Outlet Power Conditioner doesn’t fit a full 1U height, so only the top mounting holes could use only the top mounting holes while the fitting. And this well-designed power conditioner does come along with one USB outlet; it doesn’t have more than one USB hook-up or any other hook-ups, like coaxial or Ethernet.
7. Furman Power Conditioner PST-8D
- Advanced Linear Filtering dramatically reduces AC line noise and contamination resulting in improved audio/video clarity
- Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+) for the highest level of AC surge suppression; Automatic extreme voltage shutdown guards your valuable equipment from dangerous wiring faults
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures the delivery of pure AC power thus protecting critical audio/video components
- Cable satellite and Telco connectors deliver advanced protection to connected equipment
- From the #1 brand in professional power conditioning. Perfect for instrument rigs, home recording, DJ equipment, pro audio rigs and home entertainment systems
It is a top average power conditioner with advanced linear purifying to decrease power contamination and AC line noise dramatically. The Furman Power Conditioner PST-8D also comes along with Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+), which gives it the highest level of AC surge suppression, allowing it to guard valuable home theatre equipment against extreme voltage surges and comes with eight main outlets, as well as coaxial and Telco connectors, so not only will your home theatre appliance be secured, satellite, telephone/LAN, and your cable will be too. It comes along with a sturdy aluminum chassis and a warranty to cover loss of electronics when properly connected to the PST-8D during a power event. The PST-8 D’s SMP+ circuit absorbs a high current TVZ-MOV and Linear Filtering Technology (Lift) to secure the best clean quality, pure power, and noise decrease.
Still, the Furman Power Conditioner PST-8D is a well-designed power conditioner for high performance; the number of outlets may only be suitable for some home theatres. Still, a few must need to buy extra surge protectors/power conditioners to protect all of their appliances. In addition, there are no USB outlets on the PST-8D.
8. Panamax MR4300 9-Outlet Home Theatre Power Management with Surge Protection
- 9 protected and filtered outlets featuring exclusive automatic voltage monitoring (avm), protect or disconnect technology and Panamax level 3 noise filtration.
- Industries best protection - specifically designed and engineered to provide protected and filtered power to home theater systems.
- Guards against damaging power spikes and current fluctuations that can harm your AV system components and impact performance.
- $5, 000, 000 Limited Lifetime connected equipment protection policy; lifetime product warranty
- With over 30 years of innovation, millions of units Sold, multiple patents granted and numerous industry awards, Panamax is the recognized leader in AV equipment protection.
It is our first power conditioner at a higher price than the leading brand of home theatre. It is particularly designed to provide protection and filtered power to home theatre.
It comes along with nine secured and a pure safety valve that features its exclusively Panamax Level 3 Noise Filtration and Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM). Panamax outlet home theatre has a $5,000,000 defined lifetime connected appliance safety Policy and also a lifespan Product assurance.
It also has two pairs of universal CATV/satellite connectors, the first pair of RJ-45 and another pair of RJ-11 in/out linkers. Two of its safety valves are specifically for high current hook-ups, similar pre-amps, and a recipient. On the front panel, this power conditioner has one USB charging outlet.
During the Panamax MR4300 is boasted about for its power conditioning and protection capabilities and has all the outlet types you could ask for, it lacks the number of safety valves. The Panamax MR4300 only has nine, which may be suitable for many home theatres, but a few were found, and it isn’t enough. In addition, only a few have extra spacing between them, so they may not all be utilized.
9. Furman Power Conditioner M8DX
- Digital Voltmeter Displays Incoming Line Voltage
- AC Noise Filtering Reduces Radio Frequency (Rfi) & Electromagnetic Interference (Emi)
- Spike & Surge Protection Ensures Equipment Stays Safe & Power Stays Clean
- 8 Rear-Panel Outlets & 1 Front-Panel Outlet
This higher-end power conditioner is by a leading home theatre appliance provider. Furman Power Conditioner has eight rear panel safety valves and one front panel safety valve. And the other three of the rear panel safety valve are widely positioned so that the bulky cords and power adapters will be able to fit in at least four of the safety valve. It is built-in with both AC noising filtering to reduce RFI and EMI and surge protection spike to keep the appliance safe. Its peak instinct current is 12,000-amps and has a maximum continuous processing voltage of 130 VAC-RMS. Its let-in voltage is 125 amps, 8/20uS waveform at 400 volts.
In the transverse mode, the noise attenuation is considerable diversely 200 kHz to 10 MHz,26 dB, and its processing voltage is 120-VAC-60Hz. Furman Power Conditioner comes along with a 6-foot cord and a maximum output current of 15-amps. It also has a double out-slide, turning light fixtures for discreet illumination of the appliance, which is a rare find in power suppliers.
With four being well-spaced, the nine outlets are a great number; some home theatres may need more than this and may not be able to utilize all of them if their equipment cords are extra bulky. Additionally, there are no hook-ups other than those traditional shops. You’ll need a different USB, coaxial, and Ethernet equipment security.
10. Furman PL-PLUS C 15Amp Power Conditioner
- Furman's exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Isolated outlet banks minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination.
- Segmented LED voltmeter monitors and displays incoming line voltage.
- Advanced Level Power Conditioning, SMP, EVS, LiFT, 9 Outlets, LED Voltmeter, Pullout LED Lights, Isolated Outlet Banks
- From any outlet to your component
This Power Conditioner is same to same as the M8DX, but some experience says that it steps up from the M8DX model. This power conditioner is an advanced power conditioner with SMP, EVS, and LiFT technology. Furman’s exclusive SMP technology provides maximum appliance security while surging. It has an outlying safety valve that minimizes the element interior and noise pollution, and it has a fragment LED voltmeter to the monitor and display approaching voltage line.
It has a processing voltage of 120V-50/60Hz and 15-amps of the highest output result. It has a noise enervation of 10dB @ 10kHz, 40dB @ 100kHz, and 50dB @ 500kHz. It has a higher surge results of 6,500amps and also a spike clamping voltage of 188-VAC peak @ 3,000-amps. This conditioner also has the fade pull-out lights that the M8-DX features, and it has a 10foot cord instant.
This power conditioner buyers looking to protect high-end home theatre equipment, but with only nine outlets, it may come up short in protecting all home theatre equipment in larger home theatres. In addition, it doesn’t have any additional outlets other than the basic three-prong – no USB, coaxial, or Ethernet.
11. APC H15BLK 12-Outlet H-Type Rack-Mountable Power Conditioner
APC-H15 Power Conditioner is a considerable product from a trusted home theatre brand, boasting 12 outlets for all your power needs. This conditioner also comes along with CATV/modem and satellite/antenna hook-ups and Ethernet hook-ups. The 12 safety valves are well spaced, and you should utilize all of them for your home theatre. Not only will your home theatre appliance be secured, but your internet, TV, and phone line can be. This power conditioner comes along with isolated noise filter banks (INFB) and outlets with grouped filtering protection: digital viler outlets, video filter outlets, analogy filter outlets, and high current filter outlets. It has an LCD that shows that voltage-in and voltage-out, load, frequency. It also has light fade settings on it. Its feet cannot be screwed to be replaced for mounting rack fitting.
This power conditioner has a surge energy rating of 5,270 joules and comes with a $750,000 Connected Equipment Warranty. It has a let-through voltage rating of < 40, a maximum input current of 15A, and EMI/RFI noise filtration of 100 kHz to 10 MHz, 50 dB.
This power conditioner does have a wide range of outlet types, and it does not come with any USB hook-ups.
Find the Best Power Conditioner for Your Home Theatre:
When you are ready to purchase a power conditioner for your home theatre, it’s important to analyze your current and future equipment to plan. At first, make sure that you should count your plugs and review your plug types, besides consider future purchases. How many shops do you need to check? Do you need different types of outlets? Do you need lots of spacing to use all outlets?
It is essential to make a good budget recommendation for the power conditioner purchase. It is better to check all the possible spots to find the right power conditioner for the people. You may find a model that you like at one store but not in the other one. In addition, you may need to consult an expert to ensure that the power conditioner you choose is a perfect fit for your home theatre. Would you not looking for a power conditioner and want a simple surge protector? I would suggest using the surge protectors for non-essential devices. They are cheaper than most power conditioners.
Are our power conditioners always necessary for a home theatre?
Ans: Power conditioners are a venture for most home theatres, but people don’t have very expensive equipment; a surge protector can provide the protection you need by itself. If you do have any expensive home theatre equipment, you will be purchasing a power conditioner.
What is the contrast between a surge protector and a power conditioner?
Ans: A power conditioner protects tools from damage by dust, and a surge protector protects tools from damage at the time of a power surge like a storm. Most of the power conditioners have surge protection capabilities, but not all surge protectors have power conditioning capabilities.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
You May Also Like…
- Who Makes Insignia TVs?
- What is the Difference Between Surround Sound vs Stereo?
- The 8 Best Wireless Speaker Kits
- 5 Types Best DIY Projector Screen
- PCM vs Bitstream Audio – Which one is Better?
Last update on 2022-11-17