Whenever you want to connect your TV to a receiver, generally, you have to use an HDMI cable for it. But if your TV or your receiver or both do not have an HDMI jack, you have to look for alternative ways to connect your TV to the receiver. There are some other options than HDMI.
Ways to Link TV and Receiver HDMI-Less
So what are the ways that you connect a TV to a receiver without HDMI?
The answer is that you can use any RCA audio cable, a 5-cable component RCA video cable, a composite video cable, or an HDMI converter that matches the input option you have available to connect your TV to the receiver.
As we explained above, if your TV and your receiver or both devices do not have an HDMI connection available, you can use an RCA cable or any HDMI converter to connect your TV and the receiver. You are just a few cables away from getting the sound of your Television via your sound system.
Using RCA Cables
There are different kinds of RCA cables available on the market. And different RCA cables come with an additional amount of connectors. Such as a classic red and white RCA cable, composite RCA cables, which come with a video channel, and a component RCA cable that comes with three different cables for the video channel.
Basic RCA Audio Cables
A basic RCA audio cable comes with two connector cables. Those are a red cable and a white cable. This RCA cable type is only able to transmit audio. So you can use it to connect your TV with the receiver via the RCA jacks.
You will be able to easily pair the red and white cables to the red and white marked jacks. The price of this basic RCA audio cable is not so high also. You can easily find this cable for under $10 from any tech shop.
Composite Video Cables
Before people started to use HDMI cables, composite RCA cables were commonly used for connecting both audio and video from a component to another component. Composite RCA cables generally come with the classic red, white, and yellow connector.
Among these three cables, the yellow RCA connector is used as a video cable, and the red and white RCA connector is used as an analog audio connector. These RCA cables are called Composite video cables because you only need one cable to connect the video (the yellow cable). You will be able to buy readily available Composite video cables from any tech shop. Moreover, Cables like the Cmple Composite Video Cables are available in different lengths on Amazon.
Component Video Cables
A component video cable uses different channels of connector cables to transmit a video signal in place of only one like in a composite video cable. In a component video cable, the three cables are used for video transmission. They are generally green, blue, and red cable.
You can buy a component video cable that includes just these three cables. Moreover, you can also buy one with 5 RCA components, including the two audio connectors (the red and white cables). In addition, if you want to play audio from your TV to your receiver, you have to use the RCA component video cable.
Using an HDMI Converter
You can also use a converter to connect your two components. With the help of a converter, you will be able to connect your HDMI to HDMI cable and your RCA to RCA cable simultaneously.
If you use a suitable converter, you will successfully convert your digital signal to an analog signal to connect your components. HDMI Converters like the LiNKFOR 1080P HDMI (on Amazon) to Component Converter are excellent options.
How to Connect TV And Receiver Without HDMI?
If you want to connect your TV to your receiver without HDMI, at first, you have to figure out which cable(s) you will need to connect your component. It depends on the ports available on your devices. After having all the needed cables and other equipment, you can get started.
Power On Your TV and Your Receiver
At first, you have to power on all of your components.
Plug the Cables and/or Converter In
Carefully plug into the matching inputs. The ports are often labeled ‘Audio,’ ‘Component,’ or ‘Composite.’ You can use the colors to plug in the cables in the correct ports.
Change the TV’s Default Speaker to the External Speakers You’ve Connected
The correct process for this depends on your TV. You can find the section of the sound in your TV’s main settings. Then you have to change your TV’s default speaker from the internal speaker to the external speaker you’ve just set up.
Test Your Setup
Now, if you have rightly connected your components with each other, you can turn the volume up and check if you can hear anything. If you can listen to the music or any sound of the video you are playing, you can be sure that the connection has been made and you’re good to go. If you ever want to upgrade your receiver or TV, you can simply unplug the cables.
You have nothing to worry about if you can not connect your TV with the receiver via HDMI. You can use one of the alternatives above to connect your TV and your receiver successfully, and you’ll be able to enjoy a higher-quality home audio experience.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List Of Receivers:
- Amplify and enjoy your home audio experience in the comfort of your home.Frequency band : 2,400 MHz – 2,483.5 MHz, Maximum output power : ≤ 5.0 dBm..Connector Type: Bluetooth
- 100 watts x 2 (8 ohms, 1 Kilo Hertz). Speaker impedance - 6–16 ohms
- Phono input, 4 stereo RCA audio inputs, 3.5 millimeter input, stereo RCA output
- Built in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream your favorite music service, podcasts, and more from other Bluetooth devices.
- Connect up to 4 speakers; A/B switching to play all at once, or in separate zones
- Cinematic Sound at Home: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows and more with theater like sound in the comfort of your home.NOTE: Scroll down the catalog to find installation Manual and User Guide for trouble shooting steps..Frequency band : 2.4 GHz band
- Virtual Front Surround: S Force PRO delivers virtual surround sound with only a 2 speaker setup
- 4K Pass Through: 4K HDR Compatible with Hdcp 2.2 Support for Sharper Source to Screen Image Quality
- SMART CONNECTIVITY: Stream music and use Bluetooth Standby to turn on the receiver from your phone
- Multi Functional System: Enjoy a Multi Channel Stereo Setup, Fm Radio Tuner and 1/4 Inches Headphone Jack
- 5.1 channel powerful surround sound with Bluetooth for wireless connectivity
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD); Rated Output Power (20Hz 20kHz, 2ch driven) 70W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD); Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (Jeita) 145W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- HDMI with HDCP 2.3 (4 in/1 out)
- 4K/60 Ultra HD support, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log gamma and BT.2020 provide incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors
- YPAO automatic room calibration technology for an immersive movie experience
- NEW 8K READY 5.2 CHANNEL AVR - Upgrade your expectations with the high-performance AVR-S660H that lets you build the best 4K home theater and supports 8K video & latest 3D audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Surround, DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS Neo:6
- ADVANCED HDMI VIDEO SECTION WITH 8K UPSCALING - Features 3 dedicated 8K inputs that support 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz video pass-through. All HDMI inputs support 4:4:4 Pure Color Sub Sampling, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision & HLG for exceptional color and clarity
- SEAMLESS, LAG-FREE GAMING EXPERIENCE - Enjoy Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces lag and frame tearing for a smoother gameplay with stunning visuals and hi-resolution sound effects
- EXTEND THE REACH OF YOUR MUSIC to any room in the house via Wi-Fi, Airplay or Bluetooth with HEOS MULTI-ROOM WIRELESS SPEAKERS - No Command Center or extra hardware required. Get Hi-Fi sound around your home with Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer & more
- FULL VOICE CONTROL COMPATIBILITY WITH ALEXA & OTHER MAJOR VOICE AGENTS lets you sit back and enjoy music without having to reach out for the remote Adjust the volume, change the track, or switch the inputs absolutely hands-free
- HiFi Stereo AMP ▶ -- This Dual channel stereo digital amplifier offer 300W+300W peak power and 40W+40W rated power. Amplifier can input 12-240V.
- Bluetooth 5.0 ▶ -- Built-in bluetooth 5.0 core, no pop, no audible noise when Bluetooth connection is established, designed for the customers who pursue HiFi sound. (NOTE: Please keep the distance within 30ft/10m between the device and amplifier without any wall blocking. But if you are connecting whith TV or PC devices, please keep the distance within 15ft/5m.)
- USB 2.0/SD Card Input ▶ -- The sound amplifying mixer device features a USB/SD card input to support flash drives or SD card. Allows you to play your favorite audio files from your computer's media library when you connect it directly to the amp.
- Bass & Treble Control ▶-- Designed with volume, treble and bass control knobs for more delicate adjustment of the sound, much fun and high playability. Include controller for distant audio adjustments. Note: There is an isolation plastic sheet at the bottom of the remote control, which needs to be removed before use.
- Wide Application ▶ -- Compatible with mobile phones, computers, tablets, notebooks, TVs and projectors with AV audio etc. Recommend for home TV audio, computer audio system-game, tower Speaker, garden speaker. Small simple compact design also for car audio system.
- 155 watts per Channel
- Supports 4K/60p and HDR (HDR10, hlg, Dolby vision, BT.2020)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS: x playback
- Dolby Atmos height virtualizer and DTS virtual: x
- Accueq with subwoofer EQ and accureflex
- 7 Channels
- 170 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 percent, 1ch Driven)
- 80 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 percent, 2ch Driven, FTC)
- Audio Features: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround Upmixer, DTS:X, DTS Neural:X Upmixer
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Simple and sophisticated design with two channels of 100 W high-power output. Minimum RMS Output Power: 100W plus 100W (8ohms, 40Hz-20kHz, 0.2 percentage THD)
- Phono input terminals for turn tables voice control using your Alexa device like echo or echo dot. FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 1kHz, 100% Mod., Mono) - 3 µV (20.8 dBf). FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo) - 65dB / 64dB
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV. Frequency Response-0 ± 0.5dB / 0 ± 3.0dB. FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)-65dB / 64dB
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM internet radio, Tidal and Deezer. Standby Power Consumption-0.1W (Network standby on / Wi-Fi connection, 1.8W)
- Advanced circuitry design.Speaker selector for 2 systems. Input Sensitivity (CD): 500 MV/47k ohmsHead phone terminalAuto power standby functionSpeaker selector and speaker terminals for two systems
- Bluetooth to your favorite streaming music services
- 40 station FM/AM preset tuning; Frequency Response: 10Hz – 100kHz (0 plus/ minus 0.5 dB / 0 plus/ minus 3.0 dB)
- Brushed aluminum finish and simplistic design
- Speaker selector for 2 systems. Input Sensitivity (CD): 500 MV/47k ohms
- DTS:X PLAYBACK. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences.
- BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE. Seamlessly connect your phone, tablet or PC and stream to the receiver with Bluetooth Wireless Technology. This smart receiver remembers your device and starts playback whenever it detects an incoming Bluetooth audio stream.
- DOLBY ATMOS. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer provides an immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect without employing additional surround or height speakers. 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos.
- PERSONAL PRESET. Press the personal preset button on the front panel for three seconds and your current settings such as volume level and listening mode. Up to three presets can be registered and called up from the front panel button or remote control.
- RANGE CONTROL. With this unique mid-range sound control feature, you can make independent volume adjustments to the range including dialogues in films, with the up/down key on the remote control.
Last update on 2024-03-02