If you have a soundbar and want to add a subwoofer to it, it’s necessary to know where to add it. A subwoofer plays an important role in a soundbar. It enhances low-pitched audio and produces a great bass. And it is very important for a great sound system. So, how are you going to place a subwoofer with a soundbar?
Well, it all depends on your subwoofer and your room. According to your subwoofer and your room, you need to place the subwoofer with your soundbar. Often, subwoofers are kept in front of the room or a front corner. But you need to test it out from where the sound comes better.
Many questions may arise in your mind. For example, if you have a big or small, what should you do? If your subwoofer is wireless or wired, how are you going to place it? If you want to clarify these questions, then stay tuned.
Where Should You Put Your Subwoofer for My Soundbar?
Different persons may have different choices. When it comes to finding out the best place for your subwoofer, you may have many ideas to place it with your soundbar. The placement you are looking for it may not be the same for the other person. So, you need always to prioritize your room and your subwoofer when it comes to placing your subwoofer with your soundbar. You can follow popular placements, which are a nice starting point.
Popular Subwoofer Placements for Soundbars
Often, subwoofers are placed in the front of the room because the front of the room is an ideal location to place a subwoofer. If you don’t find any good place, you can start with the front of the room.
If you start with the front of the room, you can place the subwoofer next to your TV. Then test out which side of the TV the sounds come better, left or right.
Many households place the subwoofer at a corner in the front of the room, and it is a popular placement. You have to keep in mind that your seating is far away from the corner. The benefit of corner placement is it increases the subwoofer sound. If you like an enhanced sound, then it will be a better option for you. If you have a large subwoofer, then corner placement is a better option for you.
You have to always keep in mind that if you want to place your subwoofer at a corner or on a wall, your subwoofer needs at least six inches from the wall to sound properly.
Subwoofer Placement for Your Room
Room size plays an important role to place your subwoofer with your soundbar. If you have a big room, you have many options to place it, but you have to find the best place to fit it if you have a small room.
Your seating also plays a huge role in your subwoofer placement to the soundbar. If you have rows of seating, then the front of the room may not be the best placement for your subwoofer cause, in that case, only the front row will get the perfect sound. So, it would be better to change your room seating. You need to find the best spot for your seating so that everyone can enjoy the sound. It would be best if you found it out by sitting in different seats and listening to your subwoofer.
If your subwoofer is in the living room, you would like to maintain the style of the room. You would like to place your subwoofer in a different place. If it is a dedicated home theater room, then you can place the subwoofer. It will be supple.
Understanding the Subwoofer That Goes with Your Soundbar
Is your subwoofer wired or wireless? If your subwoofer is wired, you would like to cover your wiring. Besides, it won’t be able to go as far as a wireless subwoofer from the soundbar. On the contrary, a wireless subwoofer provides a wide range of different placements. You can place it on a shelf, on the floor, on the entertainment center, etc.
What kind of subwoofer you have? A compact one or a large one? You may be thinking of buying a large subwoofer for your large room to make sure that it fills out the room fully. But you need to always remember that not taking away from the viewing enjoyment; the placement needs to be strategic. On the other hand, you can place a compact subwoofer in different places. You need to test it out from where the sound comes better.
Suppose you have a large room; you may be thinking of buying two subwoofers. So, you can place them on both sides of the room or next to the TV or a short distance from it or in front of the TV on both sides.
How Far Can Subwoofer Be from Soundbar?
The answer to the question is simple. It depends on your subwoofer, whether it is wired or wireless. If you have a wired subwoofer, in that case, you can go as far away as the wire of the subwoofer allows. But in the case of having a wireless subwoofer, you can go as far away as you want. If you have 2.1 and 3.1 setups, you need to place them close together to achieve the best sound. Most subwoofers in the market have a range of about 30 feet or more than 30 feet.
Can I Put Subwoofer in Cabinet?
You already know that the best place for a subwoofer is in front of the room. You may be thinking of placing it inside a cabinet. But it is a bad idea to place it in a cabinet. If there is a breathable material in front of the subwoofer, you can place it in a cabinet.
Additionally, subwoofers won’t sound good if you place them in a cabinet. The sound will be stuck inside the cabinet or may create unnecessary vibrations which you won’t like.
You should always remember that you can’t place technologies in a small enclosed place. To make your technologies last long, you need to place them in spaces so that they can function properly and breathe. It is the same case for the subwoofers.
How to Choose the Right Subwoofer for your Soundbar?
Which subwoofer would you choose? It depends on your soundbar, current additional speakers, personal preferences, and your room setup.
If you have a soundbar like the Bose SoundTouch 300, you will be limited to a certain number of options for subwoofers. The Bose SoundTouch 300 is compatible with an Acoustimass subwoofer. Some subwoofers are compatible with any subwoofer. You need always to remember that almost all soundbars only compatible with one subwoofer, which is included with the subwoofer.
You may choose a compact subwoofer additionally to your soundbar’s internal speakers if you have compact speakers. It will be perfect for a small room. If your soundbar is in the living room, it will maintain an aesthetic to the room.
In case of having a large room, you may want to buy a large subwoofer. Having a large subwoofer doesn’t mean it will fix in your large room. But many times, it does. But you need to ensure the power of the subwoofer according to your room size.
Will your subwoofer connect to your soundbar via wiring or wirelessly? It depends on your preferences and your soundbar’s capability. If your soundbar is capable of a wireless subwoofer, you are good to buy a wireless subwoofer.
Additional Components to Add After Subwoofer
If you are a sound lover, you may want to add better sound even after adding a subwoofer. If your soundbar is compatible, you should add rear speakers besides your front speakers and the subwoofers.
Rear speakers make your sound system to a 5.1 system from a 2.1 or 3.1 system. It will provide you a surround sound system. Rear speakers will help you to fill the room with sound, and you will find more enjoyable sound.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Soundbar with Subwoofer:
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital Decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device through the built-in Bluetooth technology
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — With the included subwoofer, HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and listening in minutes
- DOLBY DIGITAL: Dolby Digital decoding maximizes sound clarity and creates incredible room-filling virtual surround sound.
- DEEP BASS WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Experience deep, rich bass to make movies and music truly come to life.
- STREAM MUSIC WIRELESSLY: You can use your Bluetooth-enabled device to wirelessly stream music on your sound bar.
- SPECIALIZED SOUND MODES: Specialized sound modes bring Movies, Music, and News to life.
- QUICK AND HASSLE-FREE SETUP: With HDMI, optical, or Bluetooth connections, you can go from unboxing to listening in minutes.
- S-Force PRO Front Surround and Dolby Digital create cinematic style surround sound
- 2.1ch front surround sound with X-Balanced speaker delivers clear, rich dialogue
- Wireless subwoofer delivers deeper, richer bass sound
- Powerful 330W of total output brings your content to life
- Simple and easy operation with compact remote and convenient OLED display window
- Low-Profile Design and Brilliant Clarity with 6 Full-range Speakers
- Powerful 5" Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth Music Streaming
- Complete Immersion with Discreet Volume Adjustable Surround Speakers
- Optimized for 4K TVs with Dolby Audio 5.1 and HDMI (Cable Included)
- Control with TV Remote using HDMI, Audio Cables Included for Easy Setup
- 40” 2.1 Soundbar with 8” wireless subwoofer
- 400W peak power
- HDMI-ARC: Single-cable, single-remote control
- 5.1 decoding for virtualized surround sound
- Class-leading 8” Subwoofer
- Object-based formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technologies provide elevated 3D true surround sound in every direction
- True 11.1.4 ch sound
- Get room-filling sound customized for the space you’re in with automatically calibrated tones and enriched bass with SpaceFit Sound+
- The soundbar and TV sound sync together, creating a more immersive experience
- 1 Year Extended Epic Protect Warranty in Addition to the Included Full Manufacturer Warranty. Intended for Residential Use Only
- Optimized for 4K HDR content with Dolby Audio 5.1 Bring out the best audio performance from your 4K HDR content with Dolby Audio 5.1 when connected through HDMI.
- Loud and Clear: The 96dB sound pressure level and 50Hz – 20kHz frequency range deliver dynamic and accurate Sound.
- DTS Virtual:X: Enhances any content with room-filling, floor-to-ceiling virtualized 3D sound.
- 5” Wireless Subwoofer Place the wireless subwoofer anywhere in the room to add deep booming bass.
- Voice Assistant Input Use our voice to control your Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant devices through the sound bar with a dedicated 3.5 Aux or Persistent Bluetooth connection.
- Turn your living room into a captivating home theater. DTS Virtual:X sound enhancement adds room-filling, floor-to-ceiling virtualized 3D sound.
- 3 full-range speakers in the sound-bar create brilliant clarity. Place the 5" wireless subwoofer anywhere in the room to add deep booming bass.
- With HDMI cable, use the highest-quality audio available and allows you to control the soundbar with your TV remote.
- Connect Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant devices. Pair with any device via Bluetooth.
- US Warranty. Package Includes: SoundBar, Subwoofer, HDMI Cable, Digital Optical Cable, 3.5mm to 3.5mm, Stereo RCA to 3.5mm, Power Cable, Subwoofer Power Cable, Remote Control, User Manual, Wall Mounting Screws, Wall Mounting Template.
- DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 / DTS VIRTUAL:X - Immersive surround sound simulation that draws you in.
- BUILT-IN CENTER SPEAKER - A dedicated speaker enhances dialogue so you hear every word
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE - Optimizes sound to video content.
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED - Wireless subwoofer included.
- BASS BOOST - Instantly amplify the bass with the touch of a button.
- An impressive 550w of total system power
- 10"" wireless subwoofer delivers deep, thrilling sound
- Built-in chromecast, airplay2 and bluetooth
- Jbl surround sound brings an immersive virtual 5.1 sound experience for your tv without any extra wires or speakers
- 4k pass-through with hdr 10 and dolby vision provides the best resolution
You May Also Like…
- How to Mount Soundbar to TV?
- HDMI Cable Length – Does HDMI Cable Length Matter?
- Can You Use HDMI Splitter On Fire TV Stick?
- What is HDMI Splitter? How Does HDMI Splitter Work?
- 10 Best Soundbars with Built In Subwoofers
Last update on 2022-07-05