Well, it all depends on your subwoofer and your room. According to your subwoofer and your room, you need to place the subwoofer with your soundbar. Often, subwoofers are kept in front of the room or a front corner. But you need to test it out from where the sound comes better.
Where Should You Put Your Subwoofer for My Soundbar?
Different persons may have different choices. When it comes to finding out the best place for your subwoofer, you may have many ideas to place it with your soundbar. The placement you are looking for it may not be the same for the other person. So, you need always to prioritize your room and your subwoofer when it comes to placing your subwoofer with your soundbar. You can follow popular placements, which are a nice starting point.
Popular Subwoofer Placements for Soundbars
Often, subwoofers are placed in the front of the room because the front of the room is an ideal location to place a subwoofer. If you don’t find any good place, you can start with the front of the room.
If you start with the front of the room, you can place the subwoofer next to your TV. Then test out which side of the TV the sounds come better, left or right.
Many households place the subwoofer at a corner in the front of the room, and it is a popular placement. You have to keep in mind that your seating is far away from the corner. The benefit of corner placement is it increases the subwoofer sound. If you like an enhanced sound, then it will be a better option for you. If you have a large subwoofer, then corner placement is a better option for you.
You have to always keep in mind that if you want to place your subwoofer at a corner or on a wall, your subwoofer needs at least six inches from the wall to sound properly.
Subwoofer Placement for Your Room
Room size plays an important role to place your subwoofer with your soundbar. If you have a big room, you have many options to place it, but you have to find the best place to fit it if you have a small room.
Your seating also plays a huge role in your subwoofer placement to the soundbar. If you have rows of seating, then the front of the room may not be the best placement for your subwoofer cause, in that case, only the front row will get the perfect sound. So, it would be better to change your room seating. You need to find the best spot for your seating so that everyone can enjoy the sound. It would be best if you found it out by sitting in different seats and listening to your subwoofer.
If your subwoofer is in the living room, you would like to maintain the style of the room. You would like to place your subwoofer in a different place. If it is a dedicated home theater room, then you can place the subwoofer. It will be supple.
Understanding the Subwoofer That Goes with Your Soundbar
Is your subwoofer wired or wireless? If your subwoofer is wired, you would like to cover your wiring. Besides, it won’t be able to go as far as a wireless subwoofer from the soundbar. On the contrary, a wireless subwoofer provides a wide range of different placements. You can place it on a shelf, on the floor, on the entertainment center, etc.
What kind of subwoofer you have? A compact one or a large one? You may be thinking of buying a large subwoofer for your large room to make sure that it fills out the room fully. But you need to always remember that not taking away from the viewing enjoyment; the placement needs to be strategic. On the other hand, you can place a compact subwoofer in different places. You need to test it out from where the sound comes better.
Suppose you have a large room; you may be thinking of buying two subwoofers. So, you can place them on both sides of the room or next to the TV or a short distance from it or in front of the TV on both sides.
How Far Can Subwoofer Be from Soundbar?
The answer to the question is simple. It depends on your subwoofer, whether it is wired or wireless. If you have a wired subwoofer, in that case, you can go as far away as the wire of the subwoofer allows. But in the case of having a wireless subwoofer, you can go as far away as you want. If you have 2.1 and 3.1 setups, you need to place them close together to achieve the best sound. Most subwoofers in the market have a range of about 30 feet or more than 30 feet.
Can I Put a Subwoofer in the Cabinet?
You already know that the best place for a subwoofer is in front of the room. You may be thinking of placing it inside a cabinet. But it is a bad idea to place it in a cabinet. If there is a breathable material in front of the subwoofer, you can place it in a cabinet.
Additionally, subwoofers won’t sound good if you place them in a cabinet. The sound will be stuck inside the cabinet or may create unnecessary vibrations which you won’t like.
You should always remember that you can’t place technologies in a small enclosed place. To make your technologies last long, you need to place them in spaces so that they can function properly and breathe. It is the same case for the subwoofers.
How to Choose the Right Subwoofer for your Soundbar?
Which subwoofer would you choose? It depends on your soundbar, current additional speakers, personal preferences, and your room setup.
If you have a soundbar like the Bose SoundTouch 300, you will be limited to a certain number of options for subwoofers. The Bose SoundTouch 300 is compatible with an Acoustimass subwoofer. Some subwoofers are compatible with any subwoofer. You need always to remember that almost all soundbars only compatible with one subwoofer, which is included with the subwoofer.
You may choose a compact subwoofer additionally to your soundbar’s internal speakers if you have compact speakers. It will be perfect for a small room. If your soundbar is in the living room, it will maintain an aesthetic to the room.
In case of having a large room, you may want to buy a large subwoofer. Having a large subwoofer doesn’t mean it will fix in your large room. But many times, it does. But you need to ensure the power of the subwoofer according to your room size.
Will your subwoofer connect to your soundbar via wiring or wirelessly? It depends on your preferences and your soundbar’s capability. If your soundbar is capable of a wireless subwoofer, you are good to buy a wireless subwoofer.
Additional Components to Add After Subwoofer
If you are a sound lover, you may want to add better sound even after adding a subwoofer. If your soundbar is compatible, you should add rear speakers besides your front speakers and the subwoofers.
Rear speakers make your sound system to a 5.1 system from a 2.1 or 3.1 system. It will provide you a surround sound system. Rear speakers will help you to fill the room with sound, and you will find more enjoyable sound.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Soundbar with Subwoofer:
- America's #1 Sound Bar* - VIZIO has been filling homes with truly immersive audio for over 10 years, and our sound bars just keep getting better. We are proud to provide our customers with top-tier audio products that bring movies, shows, podcasts, music, and more to life like never before. (*#1 Sound Bar Brand in 1H 2022 Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service, U.S., based on units, Jan. - June 2022 combined.)
- Compact, versatile design – Sleek, rounded all-black finish with easy-to-clean textured surface, optimized for small-med rooms.
- DTS Virtual:X – Sound Enhancement for room-filling, floor-to-ceiling virtualized Sound
- 2.1-Channel Sound – Experience a powerful room-filling, true stereo experience ideal for movies, music, and gaming.
- Full-Range Speakers – 2 full-range speakers in the sound bar provide coherent sound and brilliant clarity.
- 【Enjoy Deep Bass from Dedicated Subwoofer】 Rich bass from our new generation sound bar(40Watts)and subwoofer(30Watts) will activate every cell in your body. The large cavity space of the subwoofer makes the bass full of magnetic. Surrounding bass from the external subwoofer creates a realistic and 3D feeling as if you are in the movie, music and gaming.
- 【Multifunctional LED Indicator & Soft Light】 Unlike other sound bars, The colored LED lights clearly show which connection mode the sound bar is on(Optical-Purple, Bluetooth-Blue, Auxiliary-Green).Not only that, the volume progress light bar below soundbar reminds you of master volume or subwoofer volume in real time .
- 【 Wireless&Wired Connection】 The soundbar can be connected to any Bluetooth enabled devices such as computers, smart phones, tablets and so on. It is also super easy to set up the soundbar with TV via Optical or Auxiliary cable. The sound bar is also wall mountable with included wall mounting kit.
- 【3 Equalizer Modes】The sound bar can be switched to three equalizer modes(news mode, movie mode and music mode) depending on the TV programs you are watching. The LED light blinks when the EQ mode is switched successfully. In addition, we provide replacement remote control for free. (Remote control is not compatible with universal or TV remotes)
- 【What You Get】 The package contains: Soundbar*1, subwoofer*1, remote control*1, user manual*1, 3.5mm to 3.5mm auxiliary cable*1, optical cable*1, Wall mounting kit*1. In addition, you will receive 12- month product warranty and professional after-sales service.
- DTS VIRTUAL:X: Expand your listening experience; DTS Virtual: X creates spacious 3D sound putting you at the center of the action for an elevated and immersive home theater experience
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED: Get that big boom with our included subwoofer; Bring home intense sound with rich, powerful bass; Elevate the action and take things to the next level
- BASS BOOST: Bass you can boost with a tap; Feel the depth of distant thunder as your listening experience is taken to another level; Tap the button Feel the power
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE: Enjoy all your favorite video content with dynamically optimized audio and enhanced voice clarity so you can follow along with action packed games and blockbuster films
- GAME MODE: Optimize your gaming experience with perfectly synced directional audio that moves with the onscreen action; Game Mode eliminates distractions so you can hear better and play harder
- 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐬: This sound bar with subwoofer is built with 2 full range speakers, and a 5-inch woofer, creating an immersive sound experience for movies, music and news.
- 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐕 𝐔𝐬𝐞: The 24-inch soundbar is designed to be detachable so that you can easily pack and take it to a family RV travel as you like
- 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐬: The sound bars for TV has wired inputs, like HDMI(ARC), optical and AUX input, and it’s also compatible with Bluetooth enabled devices with a Bluetooth 5.0 chip built in. Setting up with HDMI(ARC), you can control TV and soundbar with just TV remote(HDMI cable not included).
- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐬: The surround sound system for TV features three preset sound effect modes: movies, music and news, which save you the trouble of messing around with treble and bass and allow you to immerse into the movies or music by just clicking the button on remote.
- 𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐔𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬: The soundbar comes with optical cable, 3.5mm-3.5mm cable,wall mounting kit,remote and power adapter. You can set up just in a few minutes. Note: If there are any static or noise with optical or HDMI(ARC) mode, please make sure that the TV audio output format set to PCM, and Dolby and DTS have been disabled on both TV and video streaming apps.
- Transform your TV into a home theater setup with this sound bar's 300 watts of power, 2.1 channels, and booming bass via a wireless subwoofer.Waterproof : No
- LG's AI Sound Pro uses deep learning algorithms to automatically adjust sound levels based on the viewed content type—clear vocals in sports, thunderous bass in live music, and dynamic sound in action movies
- Made to work with your LG TV, this sound bar system taps into your TV's processing power to automatically optimize sound quality via TV Sound Mode Share—Compatible with 2022 LG TVs and select 2021 LG TVs.
- Eliminate tangles of messy cables with a single connection between your TV and sound bar with HDMI Arc. Stream from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth
- Sound bar, wireless subwoofer, remote control with batteries, and wall mount bracket are included.
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital Decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays.Mounting Type: Tv Sound Bar,Bar Mount.Frequency Response : 45Hz-20Khz.
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device through the built-in Bluetooth technology
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — With the included subwoofer, HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and listening in minutes
- Small Design, Big Sound: Only the size of a keyboard, the PHEANOO P15 sound bar offers louder, more powerful TV sounds with up to 107 dB of total SPL output and 140W maximum audio output. Significantly improve dialogue clarity and broaden your TV’s soundstage a lot. It can easily make an impactful change to your TV sound and film-watching experience.
- Deep Bass with Dedicated Subwoofer: A dedicated subwoofer delivers punchy, rich bass to get a more engaging and immersive listening experience in movies, music, and games. Undoubtedly, the dedicated subwoofer cavity space is big enough to reproduce deeper, richer bass than most systems with a built-in subwoofer. We also developed a subwoofer extension cable (sold separately), which you can use to make the subwoofer placement more flexible.
- Set Up with Multiple Options: The HDMI ARC connection allows you to control the volume on the soundbar with the TV remote control, and the Optical and RCA connections ensure compatibility with all the older TV models. There’s also a 3.5 mm AUX input for connecting external devices.
- Professionally Tuned EQ Modes: To suit different audio needs, the PHEANOO P15 features a variety of preset EQ modes including Dialogue, Movie, and Music creating suitable individual sound curves matched to the content type to boost the sound quality and enhance your viewing experience.
- Wireless Streaming with Bluetooth: Easily stream all your favorite music, podcasts, or audiobooks from your smartphone, tablet, or any smart device via Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity to the TV soundbar.
- Elevate your TV to Dolby Atmos Home Theater for only $100: Equipped with Dolby Atmos, a cutting-edge audio technology tailored for high-end customers, the Nova S50 takes sound to new heights. Dolby Atmos provides a multi-dimensional sound experience that gives a virtual height and surround element, to dramatically fill the room with amazing sound
- Create 4K Movie Journey: Unlock the highest audio quality through HDMI-eARC and 4K TV connection, achieving Ultra HD visuals combined with unparalleled sound quality to create an immsive home theater experience
- Breaking Size Limitations, Achieving Sound Revolution: As debut 2.1ch Dolby Atmos Soundbar in such a compact size, ULTIMEA adopts proprietary acoustic architecture technologies to breaking size limitations and elevating the power of sound. Nova S50 brings the most accurate reproduction of sound you can feel
- Top-level Dolby Atmos Decoding Technology: Compatible with Blu-ray, streaming (Netflix, Prime Video) on TVs, set-top boxes. Supports full decoding/playback if content is Dolby Atmos-enabled. With ULTIMEA exclusive BassMAX technology enriches the low frequencies, enabling adjustable bass for a rumble, pulse-pounding bass
- ULTIMEA Customized Sound EQ Programs: At ULTIMEA, we highly value individual sound preferences and offer a diverse range of personalized EQ programs to cater to your unique requirements. If you find the need, please reach out to us for balanced bass, enhanced bass levels, treble adjustments, improved sound quality, clearer vocals, EQ fine-tuning, volume reduction and more
- Immersive Performance - Experience immersive, cinematic 3D surround sound powered by Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.Waterproof : No
- Low-Profile Modern Design - Seamlessly blends into any environment and ingeniously attaches to select VIZIO M-Series TV stands for quick, clean tabletop or wall-mount installation
- Latest Connectivity & Control - The latest HDMI eARC connectivity enables state-of-the-art 4K Dolby Vision pass-through to the TV and lets you control the sound bar using your TV remote
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X - Cinematic, life-like 3D surround sound around and above you.
- 2.1-Channel Sound - Experience powerful, room-filling sound from a surprisingly compact system.
- S-Force PRO Front Surround and Dolby Digital create cinematic style surround sound.Bluetooth : version 5.0
- 2.1ch front surround sound with X-Balanced speaker delivers clear, rich dialogue
- Wireless subwoofer delivers deeper, richer bass sound
- Powerful 330W of total output brings your content to life
- Simple and easy operation with compact remote and convenient OLED display window
You May Also Like…
- How to Mount Soundbar to TV?
- HDMI Cable Length – Does HDMI Cable Length Matter?
- Can You Use HDMI Splitter On Fire TV Stick?
- What is HDMI Splitter? How Does HDMI Splitter Work?
- 10 Best Soundbars with Built In Subwoofers
Last update on 2024-03-01