The HDMI splitter allows us to transmit the audio and visual from one HDMI source-In Case If the Size of cables is like mini and micro HDMI. This can be helpful If we want to connect our Television to an external sound system, but your device doesn’t support HDMI ARC or eARC. It Can Be helpful when we want to display any content or video from a single source to multiple TVs.
HDMI splitters take a signal in from one device and then send the exact same signal out to multiple displays. Since HDMI is capable of digital handshaking, the splitter can read and match the signal that each display device is expecting.
An HDMI splitter takes a signal from a single source and divides it into two similar sources. HDMI Splitters can be simply used for dividing the signal and adding some additional power to the divided signals to pay back for the loss of dividing a signal in half. Passive HDMI splitters are mostly enough for applications. However, if you own a long cable set, you should use an HDMI splitter.
You must have some questions about HDMI splitters. Sometimes, similar technology, the HDMI switch, is confused for the HDMI splitter. The HDMI Splitter Divides a single Source into multiple outputs.
On the other hand, the HDMI switch is used for transmitting multiple sources to a single output. [most of the receivers react like HDMI switches]. Thus an HDMI splitter will transmit to multiple sources while an HDMI switch is Can Only Transmit To one.
How Does an HDMI Splitter Work?
An HDMI splitter is an easy-to-use device. Almost every HDMI Splitter will have a single input of HDMI signal and output for multiple HDMI outputs.
When you want to connect more than one device to a TV, you need cables. Passive and active HDMI splitters work differently, but the formula is the same.
The HDMI cable has 19 pairs of wires that are the same number of pins in the HDMI plug. Every wire transmits different data electronically through digital signals. This involves the audio and visual data and the information about that particular device and the order found on the remote control.
An HDMI splitter is a device that splits each of the pairs of wires in a way that you have two or more sets of these 19 pairs of wires.
Passive HDMI splitters are the long and short of it. Active HDMI Splitter, There is another step. One of the disadvantages of dividing an HDMI Signal is that you scientifically cut the power of every output signal. For this cause, you will not find a passive HDMI splitter with more than two outputs.
To pay back the loss of power, active HDMI splitters add power to the HDMI signal, By An external power source to power up the signal. This original signal is passed through Transistor. Its main work is to restrict the wall of the power source as the signal moves through it. You can also Say That it works as a megaphone but for electricity.
When Would You Use An HDMI Splitter?
There is a lot of scenarios in which an HDMI Splitter becomes handy. The most common scenario/uses for an HDMI splitter is When You Have Different audio and video devices or when you want to show your display to multiple devices. The Selected Application Decides Whether You Need an active or passive HDMI splitter.
Passive HDMI Splitter
For most basic users, HDMI will be contained to a TV, Console, or similar stuff. A passive HDMI Splitter (on Amazon) should be enough. As long as the signal is changed by interference, it must come through with no noticeable differences.
- 10. 2Gbps bandwidth; supports 1080p@60Hz and 4K@30Hz resolutions; supports 3D video
- Supports 16: 10 computer resolutions up to 1920x1200p. Item is plug and play
- Supports all high speed HDMI features, including 36-bit Deep Color and high-definition multichannel uncompressed audio
- HDMI bus powered - requires no external power; HDCP compliant; Gold plated connectors.
- Quality at a fair price: Monoprice rugged design and rigid quality control standards deliver high quality products at fair prices
An HDMI Splitter Will be a perfect device for you, in case of a single source output to an audio and visual output. A way more preferable way is to connect the device through the HDMI ARC or eARC.This will require an HDMI ARC or e ARC on both your audio and display device. This will be marked as such next to the port.
You will have to connect the external source to the display device or audio device in a different channel to set up. It’s a good idea to use the device to the HDMI ports as a central device; after that, connect the display and audio device in the HDMI ARC or eARC ports.
Check the device manuals to enable on each device if you own HDMI ARC instead of HDMI eARC, and Setup will be auto-completed if you have HDMI eARC on All of the devices.
You will Have the advantage of using HDMI ARC or eARC on an HDMI splitter. It allows you to get CEC or Consumer Electronic Control. This means you will have control across all of your devices through your device’s remote. It also syncs your devices to have the master volume to all.
Active HDMI Splitters
If you are doing wire runs or outputting to two or more destinations, then you will definitely need an active HDMI splitter (on Amazon).
We know that if we divide any electronic signal, the resulting signal will be weaker than the original signal. Dividing the signal twice will make them too weak. So, A weakened signal may be harmful to interference over lengthy cable runs.
The active HDMI splitter will allow you to divide the source of the HDMI signal without any noticeable loss in SI or signal integrity. This will allow for an HDMI signal to be divided various times, with some splitters having as many as eight outputs. It also helps you to pick up less radio frequency interference.
Does an HDMI Spitter Degrade The Audio or Picture Quality?
As previously mentioned, a passive splitter will scientifically mean a cut in signal strength. But, for the majority of the users where You are likely using short wires/cables, this should not matter that much. The main reasons lie in how digital audio and video signals work compared to the analog counterparts of theirs.
An analog signal takes a media source and converts it into an electric signal which directly acts for that source.
With audio, for example, the signal’s voltage straightly translates to how far away the speaker cone is pushed from its relaxing point, and the changes in the voltage create the movement of the speaker cone. Its means the more voltage equals to louder sound.
The video is a little bit complex, But the basic principle is the same. You will have an idea of what will be displayed by looking at the voltage pattern.
This is not the case with the digital signals; overall, if you break or weaken the power of an analog signal, there will be a weakening output result. The sound may get quieter than usual, and the color of the picture may get some issues.
How HDMI Reduces Signal Loss
This is not the case in the digital signal. Unlike the analog signal, which communicates through the frequency of electric pulses and their voltage. High and low are the only states in the digital signal.
Unlike the analog signal, The data is converted before being sent through the cable and decoded at another end. The figure of this signal depends not only on the data being sent but also on the encrypted protocol between the two devices.
So this means you are not able to tell immediately what is happening to the audio or visual information by looking at the electric pulse pattern.
Cause the digital signal only depends on the frequency, not the voltage; reduced power does not mean distracting audio or color-shifted picture. That’s why you should not worry about using a passive HDMI splitter for shorter cable runs.
In Longer runs, this may result in radio interference. The decrease the sound further makes radio frequency sound take over the signal; you will see red and green dots, choppy or crackly audio if you have this problem.
Using longer cable runs for an active HDMI splitter may solve this problem. However, If the problem continues, you may have to upgrade your HDMI cable, which one is better shielded; a shielded cable has an extra layer of a substance that deflects radio waves.
When using a piece of older equipment, you may find fewer HDMI ports than you need, but now that you have an HDMI splitter, you should not worry anymore.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of HDMI Splitters:
- 【Bidirectional HDMI Switcher】This HDMI Switch offer 3 HDMI Ports, so you could connect two HDMI sources to one HDMI display, or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two displays, With 2 LED indicators, you can easily know which port is active from the LED light (Only 1 of the 2 displays works at a time)
- 【4K High Resolution】Support 4k@60Hz and backward compatible with 2k/1080p. Enjoy 3D visual and experience immersive scenery as cinema. Note: please use standard HDMI 2.0 Cable, the total length of hdmi cable is no more than 3M if you need to get vivid 4K video.（HDMI Cable is not included.）
- 【Fast and Stable Transmission】This aluminum HDMI AB Switcher not only support high bandwidth 3.4Gbps data transmission, but also ensure stable and high-definition display of audio and video, reduce data transmission loss and improve signal transmission efficiency.
- 【Broad Compatibility】 HDMI Splitter Switcher compatible for most standard HDMI port devices. Support Input: computer, XBox 360, XBox One, PS3 / PS4 ,Blu-Ray DVD player etc. Output: HD-Ready or Full HD TVs, monitors, projectors etc.
- 【No External Power Needed】 This 4k HDMI Switch Box is easy to use, no external power is required, just simply press the button on the HDMI switch box to make shift of input or output source. It comes with lifetime technical support & friendly customer service and would solve your problem within 12 hours. So just feel free to contact us by message-centre if you encounter any problem while during the use.
- ♥Function: This product can operate as a signal router,you may have a TV in two separate rooms,you can have a TV on in one room and when you want to switch room and keep watching the TV,you just need to switch one TV off and switch the other TV on,and then the signal is routed to the TV in the other room.NOTE: Mirroring/duplication only, does not extend monitor and switcher mode or switch screens between multiple devices!
- ♥ Ideal for connecting one HDMI compatible device (Such as, hd - dvd, blue - ray dvd, Xbox, xbox360, ps3, stb, notebook, HD TV )to two visual output devises (such as, HDTV, Monitor, etc.).Package Include: 1 x HDMI Male to 2 HDMI Female 1 in 2 out Splitter Cable ; Length: 11.8 inch (30 cm); Weight: 52.00g.- ONLY 1 output device should be active at any time UNLESS both TVs are of the same Model Size ,then both TV will show the images when connected.
- ♥ Our HDMI splitter is easy to set up and operate. Plug and play without pre installing drivers. Just connect your HDMI device and enjoy it. Allows connection to HDMI devices with built-in HDMI ports, Like HDTV.HD, LED, LCD, TV. High definition resolution for simultaneous transmission of video and audio. Suitable for multiple scenarios.
- ♥Gold_plated connectors for better signal transfer.Allow to connect HDMI devices that have Build-in HDMI ports, like HDTV, PlayStation 3, Upconvertor DVD Player, LCD Monitor and projectors.This product has specific requirements when you use it. Therefore, be sure to read the detailed description before purchasing this product. If the product does not meet your needs, please purchase with caution.Only one output device can be active at any time. Unless the two televisions have the same size
- ♥The product requires two TVs or display devices with the exact same model and brand to simultaneously display videos. If the models of the two TVs or display devices are different, they will be incompatible The product cannot achieve the function of simultaneously displaying on two screens, it can only eliminate the need to repeatedly plug and unplug HDMI cables. However, this may not be the original intention of the buyer's purchase.
- 1x2 HDMI SPLITTER DUPLICATE/MIRROR ONLY - Powered HDMI Splitter can distribute one HDMI input signal to two HDMI displays, transmit video and audio simultaneously, no loss, no lag (NOTE: just Duplicate/Mirror screens, 🔥Not Extend)(the unit does comes with a USB-micro USB cable, But does not come with a 110v power source). This unit is not a switcher, it will not let you screen multiple HDMI source on 1 TV
- PORTABLE - 4K HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 out, size: 2.5x2.1x0.5 inches/ 6.3X5.3X1.2 cm ( L X W X H ), easy to use and carry, travel friendly. USB cable included(it needs to be powered via usb), no need external driver, safety and Eco-friendly (Seller recommend 25ft long hdmi cable(max))
- 4K ULTRA HD RESOLUTION - HDMI Splitter for dual monitor support 4K, 3840x2160p, 3D, and 480i@60Hz/ 480p@60Hz/ 576i@50Hz/ 576p@50Hz/ 720p@50/ 60Hz/ 1080i@50/60Hz/ 1080p@50/60Hz/ 1080P 24Hz 3D/720 60Hz /4K@30HZ [For 4K resolution, the frequency can't above 30Hz].NOTE:Not Compatible With HDCP2.2
- SUPPORT - 4K HDMI Splitter one input to two outputs support HDMI v1.3/1.4, HDCP compliant ( version 1.4). Support deep color 30 bit/36 bit. Support audio format: DTS-HD/Dobly-true HD/LPCM7.1/DTS/Dobly-AC3/DSD/HD(HBR)
- PACKAGE INCLUDED - 1 * [ 1 in 2 out HDMI Splitter], 1 * [USB cable(usb power adapter not included,Please plug the usb into a wall outlet,not a cable box etc...)],1*High Speed HDMI Cable
- 【Bi-Directional HDMI SWITCH】 Solid Aluminum Alloy construction, this durable HDMI bi-directional splitter help you connect two HDMI sources to one HDMI display(2x1), or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two displays(1x2) ✅two screens CANNOT display simultaneously.
- 【4K@60HZ HDR Switcher】Support 4k@60Hz, 3D, 1080P, 4K x 2K@30hz resolution and TrueHD 7.1 provide theater-level effect at home, HDCP v2.2 compatible, 36 bit/px HDR color depth. With this HDMI switch you can enjoy the most luxurious video and audio.
- 【PLUG AND PLAY】 This HDMI switch is easy to setup and operate. No external power supply needed, just connect your HDMI devices to enjoy! Simple press of a button to swap signal within one second, no plug and unplug the HDMI cables anymore. The LED light tells you which port is active.
- 【FAST & STABLE TRANSMITTION】The HDMI Switch provides high bandwidth 18Gbps data transmission, Input and output AWG26 HDMI standard cable length could reach up to 5m. 6.6ft(2M) for 4k@60hz video. No lag, No loss of picture or video quality. ✅HDMI Cable NOT Included.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】This passive HDMI 2.0 Switch suitable for most devices with standard HDMI interface. Input: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 / PS4/PS5, Nintendo Switch game consoles, computer, Blu-Ray DVD player, Route Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, Cable box, Apple TV, PC, etc. Output: HD-Ready, Full HD, UHD TVs, monitors, projectors, and more.
- ➽【3 IN 1 OUT NEWCARE HDMI SWITCH】: 3 HDMI ports in and 1 HDMI out for various HDMI devices, HDMI switcher 3 ports can work with most devices with standard HDMI interface. HDMI Splitter 3 In 1 out Input: PC, Laptops, Xbox 360, PS3/PS4/PS5, Roku Express, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Blu-ray DVD, Game Consoles etc; 3 way hdmi splitter Output: Full HD TVs, projectors, monitors and more.
- ➽【EASY TO HOOK UP】: This HDMI Switch has the key-press-switching function, you can push the button to change what port you want to use, No extra power required. Come with 2.6fts high speed hdmi cable. Plug & Play. It is Ideal for trade show, conference room, bedding room, living room, kitchen room and backyard.
- ➽【4K ULTRA HD RESOLUTION】: 3 Ports HDMI Hub support HDMI Output Video - 4K/60/24Hz, 2K/60/30/24Hz, 3D, 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 720i, 576P, 576i, 480P; Support HDMI Output Video Up to 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160) 60Hz (Max). Support 3D, Supports 12- bit Deep Color, RGB 8:8:8, Compatible With HDCP2.2.
- ➽【STABLE TRANSMISSION】: 24K Gold Plated corrosion-resistant connectors to ensure superior signal transfer. Switch hdmi supports 12- bit Deep Color, High performance up to 18Gbps, without lag, no loss of picture and sound quality. When using Input and output AWG22 (19+1) HDMI standard cable to connect, the distance between input and output could reach up to 16ft ( Input 16ft, Output 16ft).
- ➽【YOU WILL GET】: 1*HDMI 2.0 Switcher +1*2.6FT HDMI output Cable+1*User Manual. And come with best After-sale service and you will always get friendly support.【IMPORTANT NOTE: For some devices, the HDMI switch may not work(lose signal) when only one input device is power on due to insufficient power. In this case, please turn on two or all the three source devices to try. Thank you】
- HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out: THIS UNIT DOES NOT EXTEND MONITORS - ONLY Split one HDMI input signal to two HDMI output signals identical to the input signal.Supported resolution: up to 4K/30Hz, 1080p, 720p, VGA to WUXGA
- Fully Compatible with any HDMI 1.4/ 1.3/ 1.2 version, support HDCP 1.4(NOTE: Will Not BYPASS HDCP), Easily Split Signal for devices with standard HDMI interface. Input: Computer, XBox 360, XBox one, PS3, PS4 Pro, Fire Stick, Blu-Ray DVD player, Satellite Receiver, Route Roku, Chromecast, PC, Projectors etc. Output: Apple TV, HD-Ready, Full HsD TVs, HD Monitors, Samsung TV, and more.
- Maximum HDMI Cable Use - 30 Feet. For Best Picture quality do not use with cables over 30 Feet. The heavy-duty cool metal enclosure protects the insides and keeps the unit cool by aiding in quick heat absorption and dissipation. Operating temperature is 0°C ~ 40°C / 32°F ~ 104°F . Power Consumption (Max): 5W
- Full Video format 3D, 4K x 2K@30hz, 1080P @30hz, 1080P @60hz. Deep Color 4K @ 30Hz / 480i/ 576i/ 480p/ 576p/ 720p/ 1080i/ 1080p/ 1440i/ 1440p eidi duration 6 seconds. DOES NOT SUPPORT HDCP 2.0 & 2.2
- Package includes - 1 - 4K 1x2 Splitter, 1 - USB Power Cable, 1 - User Manual (Power Adapter not Required) If you have any questions regarding our splitters please feel free to contact us through support
- 👍Feature: It takes a signal from one device such as a Bluray player and will direct to one of two output devices that are plugged into it. This HDMI splitter cable is great for connecting one HDMI compatible device (Xbox,Blueray,DVD players,for PS3) to two visual output devises.
- 👍Function: This product can operate as a signal router,you may have a TV in two separate rooms,you can have a TV on in one room and when you want to switch room and keep watching the TV,you just need to switch one TV off and switch the other TV on,and then the signal is routed to the TV in the other room.
- 👍Suitable for:High Definition image resolutions such as 720p,1080i,and 1080p. Package Include: 1 x HDMI Cable. Length: 11.8 inch (30 cm).
- 👍Package Include: 1 x HDMI Male to 2 HDMI Female 1 in 2 out Splitter Cable ; Length: 11.8 inch (30 cm); Weight: 52.00g Note Only mirror/duplicate screen, NOT SUPPORT EXTEND!
- 👍Please Note - ONLY 1 output device can be active at any time. UNLESS both TVs are of the same size,then both TV will show the images when connected.you have to unplug one HDMI from this splitter to get a clear picture on the one you're using, not simply power off one of them
- This 4K HDMI splitter 1 in 4 out can mirror/duplicate 1 HDMI input source to 4 HD output monitor simultaneously. ✅ 【Warm Reminder】NOT HDMI SWITCH, does NOT support 4 input 1 out.
- 4 way hdmi splitter supports resolution 4Kx2K@30Hz, Full HD 1080P, 3D, deep color 8/10/12 bit. Supported DTS-HD, Dolby-trueHD, DTS, Dolby-AC3, DSD etc. Plug and play, no software required.
- 【High Compability】This powered HDMI splitter support output 4K 30 HDCP V1.4, input support: computer, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Blu-ray DVD player, STB any standard HDMI version work with HD TV & monitor with HDMI port
- 1x4 HDMI splitter supports cascade for multiple splitters, it can transfer HDMI output signal up to 100ft ✅ (Input 40 ft and output 60ft ).
- The hdmi cable in the picture are not included, pls search ASIN: B08G4Y3BF4 for 3ft/6ft/10ft HDMI 2.0 Cable. AC adapter is included. As professional A.V supplier, ✅ MT-VIKI also provide HDMI splitter 1 in 2 out, 1 in 4 out, 1 in 8 out, and 1 in 16 out.
- 【Up to 4K 60Hz, Plug&Play】Bidirectional HDMI switch with 2 modes：Mode 1 (Switch sources): Connect HDMI plug into 1 display and HDMI female port to 2 HDMI sources, then switch between sources on single display. Mode 2 (Switch displays): Connect HDMI plug into 1 source and toggle between 2 displays(NOTE: ONLY one of the 2 displays would work at a time).
- 【Unparalleled Video Performance】Reach up to 4K@60Hz, backward compatible with 2K, 1080P. This HDMI Switcher supports 3D, HDR, HDCP 2.2. Streaming UHD/Blue-Ray content from source unhinderedly. Flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels(Dolby Atmos/DTS compliant), immerse yourself into home theater experience.
- 【Thoughtful Design】3.3ft fixed pigtail HDMI cable: Save you an HDMI cable, more cost-effective than other products that require 3 extra HDMI cables. Meanwhile， Fixed solution can effectively avoid display issues caused by loose connections or low-grade third-party cables. Aluminum shell has strong thermal conductivity that effectively improve heat dissipation capacity. Capsule LED indicator light and ultra slim design (Only 0.51 inches thick).
- 【Flawless Transmission】Industry-leading IC chip provides high bandwidth 10.2Gbps transmission. Equipped with high-quality AWG26 HDMI 2.0 standard wire. Gold-plated connector is more resistant from interference than nickel layer.
- 【Universal Compatibility】This 2 in 1 out HDMI switcher is plug&play, compatible for most devices with standard HDMI interface (Not for Arc): PlayStation 3/4/5, Xbox One/Series/360, Nintendo Switch, Roku, Chromecast, Fire Stick, Laptop, etc. Displays: UHD/ FHD/ HD TVs, monitors. projectors, and more.
- 【Bidirectional HDMI Switch】 With this HDMI switch 2 in 1 out, you could connect two HDMI sources to one HDMI display, or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two displays. Takes up minimal space on your desk or entertainment center, and eliminates the clutter of multiple HDMI cables and devices. Ideal for small apartments, dorm rooms, or home offices with limited space.
- 【High Resolution 4K@60Hz】Support 4K@60Hz and backward compatible with 4K@30Hz, 1080P@60Hz. This HDMI Switcher also supports 3D, HDR, HDCP 2.2 and provides uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels(Dolby Atmos/DTS compliant), which delivers superb images, clear audio for experiencing immersive scenery as cinema. Note: please use standard HDMI 2.0 Cable, the total length of HDMI cable is no more than 2M/6.6FT if you need to get vivid 4K video.
- 【Stable Transmission】 Industry-leading IC chip provides high bandwidth 18Gbps video transmission. And this 4k HDMI switch is made of high-quality metal material with good heat dissipation, and is built to last with stable and fast signal transmission, low latency, and long service life.
- 【Easy to Use & Plug and Play】Easily switch between two input devices with the button, and enjoy high-quality video and audio without plugging and unplugging cables. Just plug and play, and enjoy the instant and seamless HDMI switching. No need extra power supply. NOTE: HDMI Cable is NOT Included.
- 【Wide Compatibility】This HDMI splitter is perfect for all devices with a standard HDMI 2.0 interface, fully compatible with PS5 PS4 PS3, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, Apple TV, Fire Stick, Roku, Chromecast, DVD player, TV, projector, monitor etc.
You May Also Like…
- Sonos Playbar vs. Bose SoundTouch 300
- How To Use Bluetooth Speaker With Amazon Fire Stick?
- How to Mount Soundbar to TV?
- HDMI Cable Length – Does HDMI Cable Length Matter?
- Can You Use HDMI Splitter On Fire TV Stick?
Last update on 2024-02-29