Imagine you want to watch a movie at full volume. But other members of your house are in sleep. You also love to wear headphones. Whatever the reason is, connecting a wireless or Bluetooth headphone set to your TV is not so easy.
Put your headphones in pairing mode. Turn on the Bluetooth function on the TV. Then, scan for nearby devices. After the scan, you can see your headphones in the list of devices to connect to it. Select your headphone and then click “pair.” Once paired, it will appear on the “Paired Devices” list.
It would be best if you connected your wireless headphone to your TV via Bluetooth, or you could connect the headphone’s transmitter to the TV through a 3.5 mm or optical cable for connecting wireless headphones to your TV. Instead of the Television, you can also connect your headphones directly to the media streaming source.
Wireless headphones are best for personal listening. But what are the options? How do they stack up against each other? Now, we will show how you could pair almost any wireless headphones with any TV—also, here are some tips on pairing them with any media device.
Various Methods for Connecting Wireless Headphones to a TV
There is a lot of methods to connect a TV with headphones. Dedicated wireless headphones and Bluetooth headphones are the most common wireless headphones options for home theaters. These types of wireless headphones have their pros and cons. However, connectivity is easier with dedicated wireless models. Let’s have a look, how these two connection systems prosper against each other.
Dedicated Wireless Headphones (Best Option)
As we said, most of the TV still doesn’t have Bluetooth. Connecting Bluetooth headphones with this type of TV is hard. However, there are various headphone options. In this situation, investing in a dedicated wireless set would be the best approach Avantree HT280 Wireless Headphones (on Amazon).
Dedicated wireless headphones are also known as RF (radio-frequency) headphones. Typically it comes with a base station, which allows you to connect directly to the TV via 3.5 mm analog cable or via optical cable. The included base acts as a pre-set wireless antenna to connect to its unique signal for the headphones. In other words, this base automatically connects the wireless headphones to transmit signals from your TVs.
Dedicated wireless headphones also give you a large range. Some of them provide you with a range of up to 300 feet, so long as the signal will unobstructed. If you go to the bathroom or the kitchen for a snack, it will not stop the audio streaming from your running movie or other streaming media!
If your soundbar is connected by using analog or optical ports on the rear side of your TV, you will have to swap them. If your soundbar is connected via HDMI or another type of port, your wireless headphones will remain connected, and they will continue to work. But it would help if you needed to swap the audio output on your Television.
Bluetooth Headphones (Better Option)
Like the Sony MDRXB650BT/B (on Amazon), it may be a bit trickier when it comes to connecting to your TVBluetooth headphones. Newer TV models, which are available on the market today, have Bluetooth features.
In most TVs, both TV and wireless headphones need to be set in “discovery” mode. Your TV will automatically detect your headphones and will ask you to confirm the selection before syncing. Some TVs have a Bluetooth feature but don’t seem to pair with the headphones because of the default settings of the TV.
For turning on the Bluetooth feature, the most TV set will require you to go into the “Settings” menu. Read your specific TV manual book for exact instructions on enabling Bluetooth service. (as ex: you to enable Bluetooth via their “Engineering” menu in Samsung TV.) Once this Bluetooth feature is enabled, you have to restart your TVs and return to the “Sound” menu as well.
What If the TV Does not Have Bluetooth Capabilities?
How, if A TV doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth feature, it will need to invest in any Bluetooth audio transmitter TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver (on Amazon).
Most of the adaptors are rechargeable. Battery-powered devices connect to the TV’s 3.5 mm analog jack or optical ports or take power from USB ports.
If your TV isn’t new, you may not have these types of ports. You’ll need to invest in conversion cables that allow you to connect to the RCA jack instead. With this built-in Bluetooth feature, you will need to place your headphones into pairing mode for the audio transmitter to detect them properly.
Pros of Bluetooth Headphones:
- Bluetooth audio transmitters are available at a cheap rate. Some models have low price than dedicated wireless headphones, which means this may be a more affordable option for some.
- Financing in a Bluetooth audio transmitter means that you can keep using your favorite headphones with your TV.
Cons of Bluetooth Headphones:
- Bluetooth headphones bend to be rather limited when it comes to connectivity distance. Most are limited to thirty feet.
- Audio latency can be an issue, which depends on the quality of your purchased Bluetooth audio transmitter. Cheap models bend to suffer the most, so investing in quality (and often more expensive) transmitters is essential.
Connecting Bluetooth Headphone to Other Media Devices
Some media streaming device has included Bluetooth features. These devices, such as the most popular streaming sticks, like game consoles.
Amazon Fire TV
- Our most powerful streaming media stick.
- Enjoy brilliant picture with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+.
- Alexa Voice Remote lets you use your voice to search and launch shows across apps. Plus, control power and volume on your TV and soundbar with a single remote.
- Home theater audio with Dolby Atmos - Feel scenes come to life with immersive Dolby Atmos audio on select titles with compatible home audio systems.
- Tens of thousands of channels, Alexa skills, and apps - Including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, and HBO Max. Subscription fees may apply.
Amazon allows Bluetooth connectivity in their devices. Amazon Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Stick allow Bluetooth connectivity (you could control it without a remote). After putting your Bluetooth headphone in pairing mode, go to the “Settings” option of the Amazon device.
Now select the “Remotes and Devices” option. Then pick the “Bluetooth” option from the list. Once the Amazon device detects your headphone, select them from the list and pair them.
Not every Android TV box adds Bluetooth features. You have to read the specifications if this is a capability you want before buying.
If your Android TV device has this feature, the headphones pair as they could with any other Android device. After putting your headphone in pairing mode, go to your Android TV device’s “Settings” option and select the “Bluetooth” option. These steps will allow you to select your headphone and pair.
- Dolby Atmos for immersive, room-filling sound
- A12 Bionic chip gives a big boost to audio, video, and graphics, for even better game and app experiences
- 4K High Frame Rate HDR with Dolby Vision for fluid, crisp video
- Apple Original shows and movies from Apple TV+
- The latest hits from Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and more
Apple TV products are congruous with Bluetooth headphones. Under the “Settings” menu, as with the Amazon Fire TV, select the “Remotes and Devices” option.
When your headphones are in pairing mode, select the “Bluetooth” option and click your headphones to pair and connect them to the Apple TVs.
- New! Disney+ and Apple TV are now streaming on all Roku devices
- Power, picture, performance: Roku Ultra lets you stream free, live and premium TV over the Internet; right on your 4K TV; Roku’s top of the line media player with a quad-core processor and our best wireless, Roku Ultra is perfect for heavy streaming in HD, 4K, and HDR
- Ultimate connectivity: No matter what you’re streaming, enjoy a strong connection with dual-band wireless or use the Ethernet port for wired streaming
- Brilliant picture quality: Experience your favorite TV in stunning detail and clarity; Perfect for HD, HDR, and 4K streaming, enjoy picture that’s optimized for your TV with sharp resolution and vivid color
- Take control of your TV: Use your voice to set personal shortcuts for one-touch control, search across channels, turn captions on, and more with the enhanced voice remote; plus, enjoy private listening with the included Premium JBL headphones and TV controls
Roku features usually depend on which type of Roku product you have purchased. Some include a remote, 3.5 mm jack, which allows to connect wired headphones to the remote and hear TV audio.
This method includes the Roku 3 and Roku 4 models. But in other models, it requires Private Listening. Download the official app of Roku on your phone. Once you installed the app, make sure that your phone/tablet and Roku streaming device are on the same internet network.
After you have been connected to these, launch the official Roku app on your phone or tablet. At the bottom of this app screen, there is a “Remote Tab.” You need to select this option.
If you previously paired your headphones to your phone, you would again need to active your headphone’s pairing mode. Also, you need to activate your phone’s Bluetooth connection mode. Then the Roku app will pop up with an icon of a headset. Press and hold this icon to complete the pairing. These steps will pair your headphones with the streaming device of Roku.
Sling AirTV 4K
- Built for Sling: Enjoy Sling on any connected device
- 4K Capable
- Google play
- Local channels
For connecting the Sling AirTV 4K:
- Put the headphones in pairing mode.
- Press the Remote button and hold it on the top of the AirTV Player until the pairing screen displays. The “Searching for Accessories” screen will appear.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for completing the pairing of the device to the AirTV Player.
The options for Bluetooth support on a gaming console are not great. For example, Xbox One does not naturally allow to connect Bluetooth headphones. Using regular Bluetooth headphones on Xbox One will require some nifty workarounds.
- Incredible games; Endless entertainment
- All new lighter slimmer PS4
- 1TB hard drive
- All the greatest, games, TV, music and more
Let’s know this thing step by step.
Be aware that PlayStations only work with some special wireless headphones. PlayStation 4 remotes also allow connecting wired headphones directly to the controller via a 3.5mm analog jack, that being said.
To switch to these wired headphones will need to go to the PlayStation Settings menu.
- First of all, go to PS4 Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Select the name of the headset of yours to connect.
- If it connects successfully, try to play games now with your Bluetooth headset.
If you use your PS4 to stream media, this may be an option.
This method could be unsuccessful. If you see the error message or “Cannot connect to the Bluetooth device within the time limit” screen, try the alternative steps.
You’ll need a Bluetooth USB adapter for this system.
- Insert a USB adapter into your PS4 USB slot.
- Turn on the Bluetooth headset.
- Go to the PS4 Settings > Devices > Audio Devices options.
- Click Output Device, and select the USB Headset option.
- Click the Volume Control option, and adjust it to medium or louder.
- Click Output to Headphones, and select the All Audio option.
- Go all digital with the Xbox One S all digital edition and enjoy disc free gaming
- If purchased through Xbox all access: Enjoy low monthly payments for 24 months, no upfront cost, access to over 100 high-quality games and online multiplayer. Plus console upgrade option
- The previous generation bundle includes: Xbox One S 1TB All-digital edition console (Disc-free gaming), wireless controller, 1-month of Xbox live gold, and download codes for Minecraft, Sea of thieves and Fortnite Battle Royale
- Fortnite Battle Royale content includes 2000 V-Bucks, Legendary Rogue Spider Knight Outfit, and 2 Style Variants that unlock as in-game challenges are completed in free Fortnite Battle Royale and Creative Modes only save the world campaign not included Xbox live gold required to play Fortnite Battle Royale, Sea of Thieves, and multiplayer in minecraft (subscription sold separately)
- Pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC with Xbox Play anywhere titles like sea of thieves
Xbox One doesn’t allow for Bluetooth connectivity. However, newer models include a built-in 3.5 mili-meter analog jack on their controller; PS4 has the same. Older models do not; you’ll need to purchase a stereo headset adapter for these controllers.
NVIDIA Shield TV
- The Best of the Best. SHIELD TV delivers an amazing Android TV streaming media player experience, thanks to the new NVIDIA Tegra X1+ chip. Enhance HD video in real-time to 4K for clearer, crisper visuals using next-generation AI upscaling. 2x USB 3.0 ports for storage expansion, USB cameras, keyboards, controllers, and more. Plex Media Server built-in, 3 GB RAM, and 16 GB storage.
- Dolby Vision - Atmos. Bring your home theater to life with Dolby Vision HDR, and surround sound with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus—delivering ultra-vivid picture quality and immersive audio.
- Best-In-Class Design. Designed for the most demanding users and beautifully designed to be the perfect centerpiece of your entertainment center, SHIELD TV Pro levels you up to more storage space, more RAM, the expandability of 2x USB 3.0 ports, and Plex Media Server. Get the best connectivity with Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band AC Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5.0. The all-new remote is more advanced than ever with motion-activated, backlit buttons—including a customizable menu button. Plus, with voice control, Bluetooth, IR control for your TV, and a built-in remote control locator, you have the most advanced remote yet.
- Unlimited Entertainment. Enjoy the most 4K HDR content of any streaming media player, and access to thousands of apps and games, including top apps like Netflix,YouTube, Prime Video, Disney + and Hulu. Add a game controller (sold separately) and play today’s most popular games like Fortnite and GeForce Now. Even stream from your phone with built-in Chromecast 4K.
- Voice Control. The built-in Google Assistant is at your command. See photos, live camera feeds, weather, sports scores, and more on the big screen. Dim the lights and immerse yourself in your favorite show or music using only your voice. And control your SHIELD hands-free with Google Home or Alexa and Echo.
- Go to SHIELD TV’s service menu. Then select Wireless and Networks or Connected Devices.
- Please turn it on. Now, wait for your headphones to be discovered.
- Once it appears, please select it and wait for the pairing to be successful.
Remember that NVIDIA SHIELD TV does not automatically switch back to the main audio output if your Bluetooth headphones are turned off. You will need to switch between the two as needed manually.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List Of Wireless Headphones:
- Deep, accurate bass response, extended frequency range, rechargeable
- 5-Button control, including play/pause/answer/hang-up, equalizer, next track/volume up, previous track/volume down
- Ear cups fit around ears to help isolate Audio, foldable design for easy carry, noise canceling design
- Micro SD card plug-in, built in radio receiver, built in mic for hands free calling
- New: 6 months!! Exchange warranty! If your headset breaks or is damaged for any reason, pranks will provide you with a free replacement!
- Cancel out the world with smart noise cancellation
- Noise cancellation automatically senses your environment with Dual Noise Sensor Technology
- Long-lasting listening with up to 35 hours of battery and quick charging
- Smartphone compatibility for hands-free calls and use with your voice assistant
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming with NFC one-touch
- ♪【Up to 52 Hours of Playtime】 With up to 52 Hours of listening time in Bluetooth mode, you'll always have music to inspire you. Regardless of whether you want to use the convenience of Wireless Headphones or the long-lasting properties of a wired connection (3.5 mm audio cable included), you have the choice with the DOQAUS Bluetooth Headphones over ear.
- ♪【Optimized Sound Quality with 3 EQ Modes】 DOQAUS is always up to date for better sound effects and a better listening experience. A big step that DOQAUS has taken: DOQAUS Headphones Wireless Bluetooth have 3 EQ modes with which you can freely switch between well-balanced, bass boosted and high definition sounds. Each mode provides you with the CD quality sound.
- ♪【Comfortable and Specially Developed Design】 The over-ear Headphones are designed for long-term comfort. The soft over-ear pillows have advanced ventilation and a unique ergonomic fit for an individual, flexible fit for every head shape. Make sure that the ear is snug around your ears for a better sound experience and immersed in the full sound. Gentle reminder: Please take off the over ear Headphones every 2-3 hours to get your ears relaxed.
- ♪【Bluetooth 5.0 & Built-in Microphone】 With two 40mm large bezel driver units and Bluetooth 5.0 technology, these Headphones Bluetooth offer more stable transmission speed, lower latency and better audio output. The Headphones can give you wonderful music enjoyment and the built-in microphone of the bluetooth Headphones enables a hands-free clear phone communication.
- ❤️【Excellent Service】 DOQAUS Bluetooth Headphones over ear includes a refund within 30 days, 18 months replacement guarantee 100% satisfaction. For more information about DOQAUS Headphones Wireless Bluetooth, please feel free to contact customer service, all of the E-mail will be processed within 24 hours.
- High-performance wireless Bluetooth headphones in black
- Features the Apple W1 chip and Class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 wireless is your perfect everyday headphone
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- With Fast Fuel, 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when battery is low
- BATTERY LIFE - Up to 12 hours of listening time
- CUSTOMIZED FIT - All-day comfort with Flex-Form cable and four eartip options
- APPLE HEADPHONE CHIP - Powered by the Apple W1 headphone chip for seamless connectivity
- THE MUSIC STOPS WHEN YOU DO - Magnetic earbuds with Auto-Play/Pause
- LISTEN WITH A FRIEND - Audio Sharing lets you wirelessly share audio with another pair of Beats headphones or AirPods
- [Smart Touch Control] Specific touch control function makes it more convenient, tap once to play/pause music and answer calls, double tap to skip forward/backward, hold to adjust the volume. You can easily control it without operating the phone.
- [BLUETOOTH 5. 0] Adopt the advanced Bluetooth 5. 0 technology. TOZO T6 Support HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, which greatly improve the transmission speed and providing you with a low-latency listening experience.
- [One step pairing] Pick up 2 headsets from charging case and they will connect each other automatically, then only one step easily enter mobile phone Bluetooth setting to pair the earbuds.
- [IPX8 waterproof] Earbuds and charging case inner Nano-coating makes it possible to waterproof for 1 meters deep for 30 minutes. It is suitable for sports to prevent water. Ideal for sweating it out at the gym . Earbuds and case even can be washed by water and soap.
- [Charge on the go] Playtime lasts for over 6 hours from single charge and total 30 hours with charging case. Enjoy fast charging, to fully charge the rechargerable case only 55 minutes via cable or less than 2 hours via wireless charger. Providing convenient charging way with no strings attached.
- Superior sound quality and active noise cancellation: The PXC 550-II Wireless delivers Sennheiser legendary sound quality. Active noise cancellation reduces the ambient noise around you and can be adjusted to your preference
- Exceptional battery performance up to 30 hours: The PXC 550-II Wireless delivers up to 30 hours of battery life. You can travel from London to Hong Kong and back with just one charge
- One touch access to voice assistant: With the touch of a single button you have access to your AI helper: Siri, Hey Google and Alexa
- Touch pad control: A touch pad on the right ear cup provides volume, play, stop, pause and track skipping control. Touching the ear cup allows you to take an incoming call. Controlling this headset is instinctive and easy
- Smart pause (activated via the app)/ auto on/off: Swivel the ear cups to turn off, sensors detect when you wear the headphone and play/ pause music
- Cancel out the world with smart noise cancellation
- Listen to your favorite tracks wirelessly with a Bluetooth wireless technology by pairing your smartphone or tablet
- 30 millimeter driver unit for dynamic sound
- Swivel design for easy travel. Effective Range: Line of sight approx. 30 ft (10 m)
- Easy hands-free calling and voice assistant commands with microphone
- LED Power Display for Charging Case. Occiam sports bluetooth headphones charging case with led power Display shows remaining power in percentage.Charging case presents its battery from 1% to 100%. For the right or the left true wireless earbuds, while the earbud is chariging, the led bars of the earbud will flash, once the earbud are fully charged, the led bars of the earbud have no light flashing.
- 48Hrs Battery Life with Charging Case. Built in 600mAh charging case. The twin earbuds can last for 8Hours music time on a single 1.5hours charge. The charging case can charge the twin sports earbuds for 6 times, with the portable charging case you will get 48hrs playing music.
- Engineered design for sports. Adjustable and secure fit silicone ear hooks and ergonomic design ensure the sports earbuds stay comfortably firm in place when doing sports, running,other outside activity etc.Equipped with 3 pairs of different sizes of spare ear caps for options. Even do strenuous exercise, the earbuds will not fall off. And IPX5 splashproof protects the sports wireless earphones from water drop or sweat damage
- One Step Auto Pairing. Picking up occiam sports Earphones from charging case,they will power on and pair with each other automatically.Then active mobile phone bluetooth to search “T17” to connect. After the first successful connection,the sports earbuds will automatically connect to the last paired device when reboot.When using single earphone, just take out the second one to achieve seamless transformation between single mode and twin mode.
- Sound Quality. The microphones of earbuds reduce background noise,make phone calls from stable signal and low power consumption.Each sport earbud has buttons to control the function of answer and reject phone, volume adjustment,switch music ,voice assisatant. Stereo sound,handsfree calling during sports anytime and anywhere.
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Hi-Res Audio Certified: Custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers produce Hi-Res Audio—a certification only awarded to audio devices capable of producing exceptional sound. Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones reproduce your music with extended high frequencies that reach up to 40 kHz for extraordinary clarity and detail.
- Reduce Ambient Noises By Up to 90%: Our team of engineers conducted more than 100,000 tests in real-life scenarios to fine-tune Life Q20’s 4 built-in ANC microphones and digital active noise cancellation algorithm. As a result, the hybrid active noise cancellation can detect and cancel out a wider range of low and mid-frequency noises such as cars and airplane engines.
- 100% Stronger Bass: Our exclusive BassUp technology conducts real-time analysis of the low frequencies to instantly strengthen the bass output. Double press the play button when listening to bass-heavy genres like EDM and hip-hop for an amplified listening experience.
- 40-Hour Playtime*: Up to 40 hours of non-stop playtime in wireless active noise cancellation mode (at 60% volume) is extended to an enormous 60 hours in standard music mode. A single charge gives you enough juice to listen to over 600 songs or soundtrack multiple long haul flights. And when you’re in a rush, charge Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones for 5 minutes and get 4 hours of listening.
You May Also Like…
- The 4 Sign and Symptom of Bad HDMI Cable
- What is HDMI CEC?
- How Do You Tell if a Subwoofer Is Blown?
- Can I Use Soundbar as Center Channel Speaker?
- Surround Sound Channels Explained: 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 and More!
Last update on 2021-08-24