In the case of the connection of your TV to a receiver, you can usually use an HDMI cable. If you don’t have any HDMI cable on your TV, your TV and receiver must find alternative ways to connect the two devices. So, how will you connect your TV to a receiver without an HDMI?
There are many options for you. You can use a composite video cable, any RCA (Radio Corporation of America) audio cable, a Five-cable component RCA video cable, or an HDMI converter.
If your TV or your connector or both devices don’t have an HDMI connection, you can use an RCA cable or a converter.
Options Using RCA Cables
RCA cable is the easiest way to replace HDMI to connect your TV to a receiver. There are various kinds of RCA cables available. These RCA cables contain several connectors. Such as composite RCA cables including video channel, a classic red and white RCA cable, and component RCA cables. A component RCA cables have three different cables for the video channel.
Basic RCA Audio Cables
A basic RCA audio cable is the most common RCA cable that is compatible with your TV and connector. It includes two distinctive connectors: a red cable and a white cable. This variety of RCA cables is made only to transmit audio. By using the dedicated RCA jack inputs/outputs, you can make a successful connection between your TV and the receiver.
In order to connect your TV to a receiver via basic RCA cable, you have to make sure that the colors on the connector match up the red and white cables to the red and white jacks.
A basic RCA cable is cheap. You will find this cable in any store at under $10 that sell tech good.
Composite Video Cables
Composite RCA cables contain a red, white, and yellow connector. Before the emergence of HDMI cables, composite RCA cables were used for connecting both audio and video devices. A composite video cable has a red and a white analog audio connector and a yellow RCA connector. On a basic RCA, the red and the white connector match up the red and white cables to the red and white jacks. They also do perform the same work here on a Composite RCA cable. Here the additional yellow connector carries a video signal.
The advantage of using a Composite RCA cable is it does the same work as an HDMI does. They carry both audio and video signals.
You can buy a Composite video cable on any store that sells tech goods. You can easily find Cmple Composite Video Cables in different lengths on Amazon.
Component Video Cables
A component video cable uses several channels of connectors to a video channel. Component RCA video cables come in two forms—first, the standard three cables, which are red, blue, and green. These cables are used for video transmission. And the five RCA connectors, which have extra red and white connectors. Five RCA connector transmits audio.
If you want to transmit both audio and video, you have to buy the 5 RCA Component Video Cable.
Using an HDMI Converter
Using a converter is another best option to establish a connection between your TV and the receiver. Using a converter, you can connect your RCA-to-RCA cable on one side and your HDMI-to-HDMI cable on another side. This device allows you to convert RCA signal into HDMI.
The right converter gives a permit to convert a digital signal to an analog signal significantly. A good quality HDMI converter contains five RCA connectors. So, you can easily establish a connection between your TV and receiver and play the video and audio through HDMI. You can buy converters like the LiNKFOR 1080P HDMI to Component Converter at a reasonable price on Amazon.
How to Connect Your TV And Receiver Without HDMI
So, you have bought a cable to establish a connection between your TV and receiver. In order to establish a connection between your TV and receiver, you must figure out which cable/cables you need to have according to the ports that are available on your devices. When you have your required connectors or cables, you can start other processes.
Power On Your TV and Your ReceiverTo establish a connection between your TV and the receiver, you have to power on both your TV and the receiver first.
1. Plug the cable (s) and/or Converter In
Secondly, you must make sure that the cables are plugged into the matching inputs. You don’t need to concern about that. Often, they are labeled ‘Composite,’ ‘Component,’ or ‘Audio’ so that you can plug the cables into the matching inputs. You can use the colors as a guide in order to decide where you need to plug in which cable.
2. Change the TV’s Default Speaker to the External Speakers You’ve Connected
The third process will depend on your TV. Usually, you will find this in the sound section of the TV’s main settings. You have to change the TV’s default speaker from the internal/inner speaker to the external/exotic speaker you have just set up.
3. Test Your Setup
If you have followed these steps carefully now, then you would have to test the setup. You need to increase or turn the volume up and watch if you can hear any sound or audio. If you can hear the audio from the video that you are playing, you will be happy to know that you have successfully made the connection, and you can go forward. If you aren’t able to do so, then you need to follow these processes repeatedly.
In order to break the connection, you have to unplug the cables simply.
The HDMI connection is featured in almost all the latest or modern TVs and receivers. Don’t be upset if your little device is outdated or you aren’t able to use a classic HDMI to HDMI cable to establish a connection between your TV and receiver.
We have given you many methods to connect your TV to a receiver without HDMI. It is easy to connect your TV to a receiver without the help of HDMI. With the knowledge that you have acquired from this article, we probably think you will create a connection between your TV and receiver and enjoy high-quality audio and video.
Best Seller List Of HDMI Converters:
- RCA to HDMI Converter - Converts analog composite input to HDMI 1080p (60HZ) output,displayed on 1080p (60HZ) HD TV/ TV/ Moniter
- Input ports: 1xRCA Female (Yellow, White, Red), Output ports: 1xHDMI1.3 1080p (60HZ).NOT support 3D and 4K，NOT support HDMI Converts to AV
- AV to HDMI Converter - Plug and Play, Easy to Install and Operate, Powered by External USB Cable. Note: Please hook up the USB power cable (included) to 5V 1Apower source during use (not included power supply ).
- Support PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N standard TV formats input.
- Composite to HDMI Converter - Widely Applied to PS One, PS2, PS3, N64, STB, VHS, VCR, Blue-Ray DVD Players (Note: VHS recorders generally only have two RCA output ports, one video and one audio. To use the converter, you only need to connect the yellow video cable and the white audio cable) . Package Contents: 1 x RCA Female TO HDMI Converter、1 x HDMI Cable ，1 x USB Power Cable，1 x User Manual
- RCA to HDMI Converter: Converts analog RCA composite (Yellow, White, Red) input to HDMI 720P/1080P (60HZ) output,displayed on HDTV/Monitor,which can bring back your childhood memories.
- Plug to Play: ABLEWE Mini RCA to HDMI converter no extra drivers need, just plug and play,easy to use.Please hook up the USB power cable (included) to 5V power source during use.
- Wide Compatibility: Support source formats of PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N standard TV. Provide advanced signal processing with great precision, colors, resolutions, and details.
- Widely Used:Widely applied to PS2,PS3,Xbox,N64, WII, STB, VHS, VCR, DVD Players and other devices with standard composite AV input.
- Attention & Package:Please ensure to connect this rca to hdmi converter to power source to make it work.Package include:1*RCA to HDMI Converter,1*usb power cable(adapter not included),1*User Manual.
- HDMI to RCA Converter: This convert HDMI video signal to normal CVBS signal, Available for TV, VHS VCR, DVD recorders, etc.
- HDMI to AV Converter: support two formats of PAL and NTSC output with a selecting switch, usually NTSC for America, PAL for other Countries. Note: If your TV shows black and white, Please change RCA format NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC by the N/P switch.
- Esay to use : Plug and play without any drivers,portable and flexible. Please hook up the USB power cable (included) to 5V power source during use（no included）.
- HDMI 1.3 Input: Support HDMI input from 480i to 1080P, does not support 3D. It can work properly for TV Stick (such as Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, PC, Laptop, Xbox, HDTV, DVD).But do not support with mobile phones and iPad series.
- Compatible: HDMI to AV Adapter Suitable for TV Stick, Roku, Blu-Ray, DVD player, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, HD camera and more. Then connect the RCA end into any display with RCA inputs such as Monitor/ TV/ HDTV/ Projector and more.
- COMPACT DESIGN - The compact-designed portable Benfei DisplayPort to HDMI adapter connects a computer, desktop, laptop, or other devices with DisplayPort port to a monitor, projector, HDTV, or other devices with HDMI port; Tuck this lightweight gadget into your bag or pocket to do a business presentation with your laptop and projector, or extend your desktop screen to a monitor or TV; A HDMI cable is required.
- SUPERIOR STABILITY - Built-in advanced IC chip converts DisplayPort signal to HDMI signal; It is NOT a bi-directional converter and cannot transmit signals from HDMI to DisplayPort
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE - The DisplayPort male to HDMI female converter supports resolutions up to 1920x1080@60Hz (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors, supports flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels; Gold plated DisplayPort connector resists corrosion and abrasion and improve the signal transmission performance; Molded strain relief increases cable durability
- LATCHES DESIGN: DisplayPort connector with latches provides a secure connection, the latches will improve the connection stability in usage. When plug out, please press the realse button, and easy to pull out.
- COMPACT DESIGN - The compact-designed portable Moread HDMI to VGA adapter connects a computer, desktop, laptop, or other devices with HDMI port to a monitor, projector, HDTV, or other devices with VGA port; Tuck this lightweight gadget into your bag or pocket to do a business presentation with your laptop and projector, or extend your desktop screen to a monitor or TV; A VGA cable is required (sold separately)
- SUPERIOR STABILITY - Built-in advanced IC chip converts HDMI digital signal to VGA analog signal; It is NOT a bi-directional converter and cannot transmit signals from VGA to HDMI
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE - The HDMI male to VGA female converter supports resolutions up to 1920x1080@60Hz (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors; Gold plated HDMI connector resists corrosion and abrasion and improves the signal transmission performance; Molded strain relief increases cable durability
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY - The HDMI-VGA adapter is compatible with computer, pc, desktop, laptop, ultrabook, notebook, Chromebook, Raspberry Pi, Intel Nuc, Roku, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Set Top Box, TV BOX, or other devices with HDMI port; NOT compatible with Blu-ray player and devices with low-power HDMI ports such as SONY PS4, Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display, Mac mini, and Apple TV
- 1 Year WARRANTY - Exclusive Moread Unconditional 12-month Warranty ensures long-time satisfaction of your purchase; Friendly and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems timely
- ⚫【Wii to HDMI Converter Functions】Convert your Nintendo Wii into an HDMI Compatible Device For Smart TV with This Audio and Video Converter Adapter. SUPPORT ALL Wii Display Modes (NTSC 480i 480p, PAL 576i), Automatic Recognition Conversion 720p or 1080p. HDCP Compliant.
- ⚫【HD Audio and Video Sync】Wii2 HDMI Adapter Support 720P or 1080P High Definition Output, Video and Audio in Full Digital HDMI Format, No Transmission Loss.
- ⚫【BEST Game Experience】Wii to hdmi adapter With Brand NEW Decoder Chip, Advanced Signal Processing with Great Precision, Colors and Resolution will be Provided.
- ⚫【Extra Audio Jack】Although HDMI output provides audio output, an extra 3.5mm audio jack allows you to connect a speaker or headphone. Even the night owls can enjoy playing in the midnight and no need to worry about disturbing others.
- ⚫【Plug and Play】Super easy to operate. No setting and no need to install the drivers. Just simply hook it up the Wii and plug the HDMI directly into the monitor and enjoying the games with optimal viewing. NOTE: some devices’ auto-setting of screen resolution is 480i instead of 480p, which may not support games at 240p/480i over HDMI. If you switch to 480p mode they may work over HDMI.
- RCA to HDMI Converter:This RCA to HDMI can convert analog RCA composite input to HDMI 720P/1080P (60HZ) output,you can watch old equipment sources on smart TV,which can bring back your childhood memories.
- Long RCA and HDMI Cable:100cm rca male cable and 100cm hdmi cable,no need to buy extra cable,More convenient to use.Certainly the hdmi cable is detachable,you can use it at other devices as you like
- Plug & Play:ABLEWE AV to HDMI converter no need any drivers, just plug to play.Please remember to hook up the USB power cable (included) to 5V power source to make it work.You can get it to work within minutes.
- Wide Compatibility: This RCA to HDMI converter supports source formats of PAL, NTSC3. 58, NTSC4. 43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N standard TV. Provide advanced signal processing with great precision, colors, resolutions, and details.
- Attention & Package:Please ensure to connect this RCA to HDMI converter to power source to make it work.Package include:1*RCA to HDMI Converter(with rca cable),1*HDMI cable,1*usb power cable(adapter not included),1*User Manual
- Note: This is a HDMI to YPbPr converter, not YPbPr to HDMI converter, It does not work in the opposite direction
- HDMI to YPbPr Converter converts HDMI input signal into analog YPbPr video and R/L audio.
- Scaling technology for input resolution. Support both up-scaling and down-scaling function. Just adjust the "Resolution" button to compatible with your display
- Compatible with Apple TV, Blu-ray Player, Xbox, ROKU, Laptop, PC, Amazon Fire TV, Nintendo Switch, Chromecast, Game Console etc.
- Support resolution up to 1080P@60Hz; Compliant with HDMI 1.3v, Support 165MHz/1.65Gbps per channel (4.95Gbps all channel) bandwidth for HDMI Input
- RCA to HDMI Converter: This RCA to HDMI can convert analog RCA composite input to HDMI 1080P (60HZ) output. Making video come alive, giving the most realistic HD visual experience. Important Note: RCA inputs for HDMI output only!
- Plug & Play : There is no need to install drivers for this RCA to HDMI converter. Easy and convenient to use, grant users the most effortless using trip. Important Note: external power needed.
- HDMI 1080P: An affordable model that's easy to use with ultra HD 4K and 3D compatible. Analog to digital conversion in this RCA to HDMI employs 10 bits maximal 162MSPS sampling, which automatically detects and converts the composite signal to 1080p (60Hz) output, presents you more vivid videos.
- Wide Compatibility: This RCA to HDMI Converter supports source formats of PAL, NTSC3. 58, NTSC4. 43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N standard TV. Provide advanced signal processing with great precision, colors, resolutions, and details.
- 18 Months : This RCA to HDMI converter is protected by a 18 months ; we will provide refund or replacement under any condition, to ensures your 100% satisfaction with your purchase
- Input: RCA, Output: HDMI; Converts Analog Composite Input to HDMI 1080p or 720p Output.
- RCA to HDMI Converter - Plug and Play, Easy to Install and Operate, Powered by External USB Cable.
- RCA to HDMI Converter supports connecting HDMI capture card (note that we do not include HDMI capture card).
- Composite to HDMI Converter Widely Applied to PS One, PS2, PS3, N64, WII, WII U, STB, VHS, VCR, Blue-Ray DVD Players Projector (Note: It can only be used when PS2 is set to RGB output).
- AV to HDMI Converter Support PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N tv format.
You May Also Like…
- Do Projectors Need To Warm Up?
- HDMI vs. Mini HDMI vs. Micro HDMI
- How to Make Regular Speakers Wireless?
- The 10 Best Surge Protectors for Home Theater
- 5.1 vs. 7.1 Surround Sound: Which Is Better?
Last update on 2022-01-26