In the case of the connection of your TV to a receiver, you can usually use an HDMI cable. If you don’t have any HDMI cable on your TV, your TV and receiver must find alternative ways to connect the two devices. So, how will you connect your TV to a receiver without an HDMI?
There are many options for you. You can use a composite video cable, any RCA (Radio Corporation of America) audio cable, a Five-cable component RCA video cable, or an HDMI converter.
If your TV or your connector or both devices don’t have an HDMI connection, you can use an RCA cable or a converter.
Options Using RCA Cables
RCA cable is the easiest way to replace HDMI to connect your TV to a receiver. There are various kinds of RCA cables available. These RCA cables contain several connectors. Such as composite RCA cables including video channel, a classic red and white RCA cable, and component RCA cables. A component RCA cables have three different cables for the video channel.
Basic RCA Audio Cables
A basic RCA audio cable is the most common RCA cable that is compatible with your TV and connector. It includes two distinctive connectors: a red cable and a white cable. This variety of RCA cables is made only to transmit audio. By using the dedicated RCA jack inputs/outputs, you can make a successful connection between your TV and the receiver.
In order to connect your TV to a receiver via basic RCA cable, you have to make sure that the colors on the connector match up the red and white cables to the red and white jacks.
A basic RCA cable is cheap. You will find this cable in any store at under $10 that sell tech good.
Composite Video Cables
Composite RCA cables contain a red, white, and yellow connector. Before the emergence of HDMI cables, composite RCA cables were used for connecting both audio and video devices. A composite video cable has a red and a white analog audio connector and a yellow RCA connector. On a basic RCA, the red and the white connector match up the red and white cables to the red and white jacks. They also do perform the same work here on a Composite RCA cable. Here the additional yellow connector carries a video signal.
The advantage of using a Composite RCA cable is it does the same work as an HDMI does. They carry both audio and video signals.
You can buy a Composite video cable on any store that sells tech goods. You can easily find Cmple Composite Video Cables in different lengths on Amazon.
Component Video Cables
A component video cable uses several channels of connectors to a video channel. Component RCA video cables come in two forms—first, the standard three cables, which are red, blue, and green. These cables are used for video transmission. And the five RCA connectors, which have extra red and white connectors. Five RCA connector transmits audio.
If you want to transmit both audio and video, you have to buy the 5 RCA Component Video Cable.
Using an HDMI Converter
Using a converter is another best option to establish a connection between your TV and the receiver. Using a converter, you can connect your RCA-to-RCA cable on one side and your HDMI-to-HDMI cable on another side. This device allows you to convert RCA signal into HDMI.
The right converter gives a permit to convert a digital signal to an analog signal significantly. A good quality HDMI converter contains five RCA connectors. So, you can easily establish a connection between your TV and receiver and play the video and audio through HDMI. You can buy converters like the LiNKFOR 1080P HDMI to Component Converter at a reasonable price on Amazon.
How to Connect Your TV And Receiver Without HDMI
So, you have bought a cable to establish a connection between your TV and receiver. In order to establish a connection between your TV and receiver, you must figure out which cable/cables you need to have according to the ports that are available on your devices. When you have your required connectors or cables, you can start other processes.
Power On Your TV and Your ReceiverTo establish a connection between your TV and the receiver, you have to power on both your TV and the receiver first.
1. Plug the cable (s) and/or Converter In
Secondly, you must make sure that the cables are plugged into the matching inputs. You don’t need to concern about that. Often, they are labeled ‘Composite,’ ‘Component,’ or ‘Audio’ so that you can plug the cables into the matching inputs. You can use the colors as a guide in order to decide where you need to plug in which cable.
2. Change the TV’s Default Speaker to the External Speakers You’ve Connected
The third process will depend on your TV. Usually, you will find this in the sound section of the TV’s main settings. You have to change the TV’s default speaker from the internal/inner speaker to the external/exotic speaker you have just set up.
3. Test Your Setup
If you have followed these steps carefully now, then you would have to test the setup. You need to increase or turn the volume up and watch if you can hear any sound or audio. If you can hear the audio from the video that you are playing, you will be happy to know that you have successfully made the connection, and you can go forward. If you aren’t able to do so, then you need to follow these processes repeatedly.
In order to break the connection, you have to unplug the cables simply.
The HDMI connection is featured in almost all the latest or modern TVs and receivers. Don’t be upset if your little device is outdated or you aren’t able to use a classic HDMI to HDMI cable to establish a connection between your TV and receiver.
We have given you many methods to connect your TV to a receiver without HDMI. It is easy to connect your TV to a receiver without the help of HDMI. With the knowledge that you have acquired from this article, we probably think you will create a connection between your TV and receiver and enjoy high-quality audio and video.
Best Seller List Of HDMI Converters:
- RCA to HDMI Converter: Converts analog RCA composite (Yellow, White, Red) input to HDMI 720P/1080P (60HZ) output,displayed on HDTV/Monitor.
- Plug to Play: ABLEWE Mini RCA to HDMI converter no extra drivers need, just plug and play,easy to use.Please hook up the USB power cable (included) to 5V power source during use.
- Wide Compatibility: Support source formats of PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N standard TV. Provide advanced signal processing with great precision, colors, resolutions, and details.
- Widely Used:Widely applied to PS2,PS3,Xbox,N64, WII, STB, VHS, VCR, DVD Players and other devices with standard composite AV input.
- Attention & Package:Please ensure to connect this rca to hdmi converter to power source to make it work.Package include:1*RCA to HDMI Converter,1*usb power cable(adapter not included),1*User Manual.
- HDMI to RCA Converter: This convert HDMI video signal to normal CVBS signal, Available for TV, VHS VCR, DVD recorders, etc.
- HDMI to AV Converter: support two formats of PAL and NTSC output with a selecting switch, usually NTSC for America, PAL for other Countries. Note: If your TV shows black and white, Please change RCA format NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC by the N/P switch.
- Esay to use : Plug and play without any drivers,portable and flexible. Please hook up the USB power cable (included) to 5V power source during use（no included）.
- HDMI 1.3 Input: Support HDMI input from 480i to 1080P, does not support 3D. It can work properly for TV Stick (such as Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, PC, Laptop, Xbox, HDTV, DVD).But do not support with mobile phones and iPad series.
- Compatible: HDMI to AV Adapter Suitable for TV Stick, Roku, Blu-Ray, DVD player, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, HD camera and more. Then connect the RCA end into any display with RCA inputs such as Monitor/ TV/ HDTV/ Projector and more.
- RCA to HDMI Converter - Converts analog composite input to HDMI 1080p (60HZ) output,displayed on 1080p (60HZ) HD TV/ TV/ Moniter
- Input ports: 1xRCA (Yellow, White, Red), Output ports: 1xHDMI1.3 1080p (60HZ).NOT support 3D and 4K，NOT support HDMI Converts to AV
- AV to HDMI Converter - Plug and Play, Easy to Install and Operate, Powered by External USB Cable
- Support PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N standard TV formats input.
- Composite to HDMI Converter - Widely Applied to PS One, PS2, PS3, N64, STB, VHS, VCR, Blue-Ray DVD Players (Note: VHS recorders generally only have two RCA output ports, one video and one audio. To use the converter, you only need to connect the yellow video cable and the white audio cable)
- COMPACT DESIGN - The compact-designed portable Moread HDMI to VGA adapter connects a computer, desktop, laptop, or other devices with HDMI port to a monitor, projector, HDTV, or other devices with VGA port; Tuck this lightweight gadget into your bag or pocket to do a business presentation with your laptop and projector, or extend your desktop screen to a monitor or TV; A VGA cable is required (sold separately)
- SUPERIOR STABILITY - Built-in advanced IC chip converts HDMI digital signal to VGA analog signal; It is NOT a bi-directional converter and cannot transmit signals from VGA to HDMI
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE - The HDMI male to VGA female converter supports resolutions up to [email protected] (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors; Gold plated HDMI connector resists corrosion and abrasion and improves the signal transmission performance; Molded strain relief increases cable durability
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY - The HDMI-VGA adapter is compatible with computer, pc, desktop, laptop, ultrabook, notebook, Chromebook, Raspberry Pi, Intel Nuc, Roku, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Set Top Box, TV BOX, or other devices with HDMI port; NOT compatible with Blu-ray player and devices with low-power HDMI ports such as SONY PS4, Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display, Mac mini, and Apple TV
- 1 Year WARRANTY - Exclusive Moread Unconditional 12-month Warranty ensures long-time satisfaction of your purchase; Friendly and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems timely
- 👍 4K HDMI to HDMI Audio Extractor: avedio links HDMI to optical audio adapter is designed to extract the digital audio embedded in HDMI source and output it via optical SPDIF or RCA L/R stereo audio out. Original video/audio signal is also passed through to HDMI output. Then you will be able to send the splitted audio to an amplifier, AV receiver, soundbar or other sound systems.
- 👍 4K High Video Resolution: HDMI audio converter support resolution up to [email protected], HDMI 1.4b, HDCP 1.4, Full HD 1080P, 3D,and 36-bit deep color.Support audio format: DTS-HD/Dobly-trueHD/LPCM7.1/DTS/Dobly-AC3/DSD. (Note: This HDMI sound extractor does not support ARC, please search ASIN B07T2WSY3D to find the version that supports ARC)
- 👍 Three Audio Mode: avedio links HDMI audio adpter with PASS, 2CH, 5.1CH Three Audio Mode Options, RCA L/R output support PASS 2CH PCM, Optical SPDIF output support PASS 2CH PCM, 5.1CH Dobly Digital, DTS
- 👍 Wide Compatible: HDMI to HDMI plus audio converter compatible with various HDMI source devices. HDMI input: Blu-ray player, DVD, HD player, cable/satellite box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, PS3/PS4/PS4 Pro/PS5, Xbox, PC/laptop, HD camera, Fire Stick, Roku,HD DVR etc. HDMI Output: Full HD TV, Monitor, Projector. Audio output: Speaker, amplifier,soundbar or other sound systems.
- 👍 Package Included: 4K HDMI Audio Splitter x1, 5V/1A DC Power Adaptor x1, User Manual x1. This HDMI audio extractor converter can effectively achieves audio synchronization separation and provide high quality audio and video transmission, make your life more easy and colorful.
- COMPACT DESIGN - The compact-designed portable Benfei DisplayPort to HDMI adapter connects a computer, desktop, laptop, or other devices with DisplayPort port to a monitor, projector, HDTV, or other devices with HDMI port; Tuck this lightweight gadget into your bag or pocket to do a business presentation with your laptop and projector, or extend your desktop screen to a monitor or TV; A HDMI cable is required.
- SUPERIOR STABILITY - Built-in advanced IC chip converts DisplayPort signal to HDMI signal; It is NOT a bi-directional converter and cannot transmit signals from HDMI to DisplayPort
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE - The DisplayPort male to HDMI female converter supports resolutions up to [email protected] (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors, supports flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels; Gold plated DisplayPort connector resists corrosion and abrasion and improve the signal transmission performance; Molded strain relief increases cable durability
- LATCHES DESIGN: DisplayPort connector with latches provides a secure connection, the latches will improve the connection stability in usage. When plug out, please press the realse button, and easy to pull out.
- 【 RCA to HDMI Converter】Converts analog RCA composite (Yellow, White, Red) input to HDMI 720P/1080P (60HZ) output,displayed on HDTV/Monitor.
- 【Plug to Play】 Mini AV to HDMI converter no extra drivers need, just plug and play, Easy to use. Please hook up the USB power cable (included) to 5V power (Not included) source during use . RCA to HDMI Converters is made of high quality aluminum with a longevity
- 【Wide Compatibility】 Support source formats of PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N standard TV. Provide advanced signal processing with great precision, colors, resolutions, and details.
- 【Widely used】applied to PS2, Xbox, Nintendo 64, Wii, STB, VHS, VCR, DVD Players, and other devices with standard composite AV output. Easily convert RCA signal to an HDMI output.Just enjoy your RCA devices on a high-quality screen.NOTE: This is an RCA to HDMI Converter, it CANNOT be used as an HDMI to RCA / AV converter.
- 【You will get】1*RCA to HDMI Converter,1*usb power cable(adapter not included),1*User Manual. ONE YEAR WARRANTY Please contact us when you have any problem, we will solve the problem for you as soon as possible.
- HDMI to RCA Adapter: Convert HDMI signal to RCA signal, very suitable for connecting to older RCA (AV/ composite video and L / R stereo audio signals) old TV
- HDMI to AV support HDMI 1.3, HDMI input resolution up to [email protected]
- HDMI input is compatible with Roku streaming sticks, Fire Stick, Apple TV, DVD, PC, Blu-ray players, HD boxes, etc. RCA output is compatible with old TVs, monitors or projectors that support RCA output, etc
- HDMI to Composite Please set to NTSC format when use it in USA!
- Please note: It NOT support 4K and 3D(such as PS4). Cannot be used in reverse (cannot be used as an AV to HDMI converter)
- HDMI to AV Converter: Connect the HDMI output device to an old device with a Composite / AV / RCA connector, such as TV Stick connect to an RCA input TV or Projector.
- HDMI 1.3 Support HDMI input from 480i to 1080P. NOTE: It does not support 4k and 3D.
- HDMI to RCA Converter Supports Standard NTSC / PAL two common output formats.
- HDMI to Composite: Plug and Play without any drivers, portable and flexible.
- Compatible: HDMI to AV Adapter Suitable for TV Stick, Roku, Blu-Ray, DVD player, Xbox 360, PC, HD camera and more.
- 🌹Note: This converter is NOT bi-directional, it is VGA to HDMI adapter. only convert VGA signal into HDMI signal, if you have any issue with your product, Please contact us and our team will respond to you within 24 hours.
- 🌹3.5mm Audio Output:The clear sound can be output by the audio cable which connects to a 3.5mm audio port of this adapter. 0.6m AUX cable makes it super convenient to transfer the audio.
- 🌹Compatible with More Devices：Comes with Micro USB port so that it can be compatible plenty VGA devices such as Ultrabook, Chromebook, desktop, Raspberry Pi, laptop, Ultrabook, notebook, Intel Nuc, Blu-ray discs.
- 🌹Stable function: Built-in AG02/MS9288C digital signal conversion chip, this chip is more stable than ordinary chips of similar products on the market. When transmitting signals, it can greatly reduce the screen flickering and black screen, which avoid affecting your work and entertainment.
- 🌹VGA to HDMI:Supports resolutions up to [email protected] (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors.
You May Also Like…
- Do Projectors Need To Warm Up?
- HDMI vs. Mini HDMI vs. Micro HDMI
- How to Make Regular Speakers Wireless?
- The 10 Best Surge Protectors for Home Theater
- 5.1 vs. 7.1 Surround Sound: Which Is Better?
Last update on 2021-08-24