The HDMI video cable has now become necessary for homes or any business that has HD televisions, media players, or audio systems of any kind. The use of these types of cables is expanding. That’s why variations have emerged to allow for more devices to become HDMI compatible. But why should you care about these types of cables? Why is there no HDMI Type-B cable? If you want to know these details, then keep reading.
HDMI Type-A, Type-C, Type-D all these three types of cables have 19 pins and can transfer High-Definition audios and videos. The Micro HDMI and Mini HDMI connectors take up 72% and 60% less area than the standard Type-A connector respectively.
If you are not familiar with HDMI, you are not alone. Many people don’t have a crystal-clear idea about HDMI. The full form of HDMI is “High-Definition Multimedia Interface.” The standard HDMI is known as HDMI Type-A. When you think of HDMI, a Type-A HDMI cable is what comes to your mind. We use this cable for most monitors, TVs, PCs, etc. There are also HDMI Type-C and Type-D. Type-C is known as mini-HDMI.HDMI Type-D is called micro-HDMI.
HDMI Type-A standard is the one that comes to your mind first when you hear about HDMI. Type-A cable is the inclusive cable packaged with most DVD players, TVs, PCs, and other video and audio equipment. There are 19 pins organized along the top and bottom of the connector. This 19-pin design is the center of all various kinds of HDMI connectors. What type of HDMI cable you use doesn’t matter; there will always be 19 tips. These 19 tips permit everything that HDMI can do.
This multipurpose connector helps all your devices communicate, and there is a robust set of ancillary tools that permit you to do genius things with HDMI.
What Do Those 19 Pins Do?
We told you ago this 19-pin design is the center of all different types of HDMI connectors. These 19 tips give a permit to do everything that HDMI can do. Certainly, it transmits video. So, three tips are belonging to each channel. This thing is also the same for audio. There are extra channels known as clock channels. They don’t carry any useful data. They must keep the other channels in sync.
A channel that’s work is to communicate between devices gives a permit to control each in few cases. There’s also a channel that carries a 5-volt power supply so that HDMI can power some devices.
There’s a pin which is called pin 14. It is used as a kind of “Swing Pin,” Different applications should use it for different things. If you want to transfer an ethernet signal, for instance, you can use it.
The mini-HDMI connector is smaller than the HDMI Type-A. The mini-HDMI connector is also known as HDMI Type-C. The HDMI Type-A connector is made up of a rectangular shape of 14 x 4.55 mm, but at only 10.42 x 2.42 mm, the Type-C connector takes up 60% less area than the Type-A connector. This quality makes it easier to use for small devices that don’t have enough space for the full-sized HDMI Type-A connector.
A few moments earlier, we have told you that HDMI Type-A needs plenty of room. DVD Players, Televisions, PCs, etc., have enough space for that. So, what types of devices are suitable for HDMI Type-C connectors.
We all are familiar with DSLR cameras and camcorders. But the cables that come with these devices usually have a Type-A port on the other end of the cord so that you can hook them up to larger screens.
Mini HDMI ports are also sometimes found on tablets. Many times, such as some iPads, you get a standard HDMI dongle along with the device. If you don’t get a standard HDMI dongle along with the device, you will need to buy your own adapter. Adapters are very reasonably priced because it’s the same cable with the same capability.
Micro HDMI, which is known as HDMI Type-D, is the latest version of HDMI connectors. Like mini-HDMI and HDMI Type-A, it also has 19 pins. Micro HDMI has a plug size of 6.4 x 2.8 mm. That’s why it is 72% smaller than the HDMI Type-A connector.
Which devices are suitable for an HDMI Type-D connector? We have already known that the original HDMI or HDMI Type-A connector is suitable for DVD Players, TVs, PCs, etc. Mini HDMI connector is used in DSLR cameras and camcorders. So, where is it used?
Micro HDMI provides far better 4K playback than an HDMI Type-C connector. That’s why many HDMI action cameras still consume an HDMI Type-D connector. Micro HDMI has also been used in GoPro cameras for some time, but now they are starting to use mini-HDMI instead of micro-HDMI. You can finally tell that you are unlikely to face a product that you need a micro-HDMI connector.
What About Type-B?
You may be thinking about the Type-B connector. It was planned to be part of the HDMI port group. It was pretty stranger than the micro-HDMI and mini-HDMI ports. The “HDMI Dual Link” was planned to provide higher speeds across its additional channels, and it should have had 29 pins. But the progress of the standard HDMI connector was really fast. That’s why Dual Link Type-B was extinct before it has ever been produced and use in a product.
We want to add that Type-E, which is the 5th connector of the HDMI port group. You will have heard this connector rarely because it is designed for automotive utilization. It also has a waterproofing and clip-on/clip-of design to reduce vibration issues.
So, we think we have been able to give you a crystal clear idea about the HDMI Type-A, HDMI Type-B, HDMI Type-C or mini HDMI, HDMI Type-D or micro HDMI, and HDMI Type-E. Nowadays, these HDMI ports are given to your compatible devices. But if you want to make content with DSLR cameras and Go Pros, you will find Type-C and Type-D connectors pretty cheaply on Amazon.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of HDMI Cables:
- HDMI A Male to A Male Cable: Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video and Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- Connects Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, PS4, PS3, XBox One, Xbox 360, computers and other HDMI-enabled devices to TVs, displays, A/V receivers and more
- Cable allows you to share an Internet connection among multiple devices without the need for a separate Ethernet cable
- Meets HDMI standards (4K Video at 60 Hz, 2160p, 48 bit/px color depth) that supports bandwidth up to 18Gbps and backwards compatible with earlier versions.
- Cable Length: 10 feet (3 meters)
- 【Top [email protected] HDMI Cable】 This 8K HDMI Cable uses the most cutting-edge technology, is compatible with [email protected] and [email protected], clearly displays every particle, and accurately processes every signal source. With 8K HDMI's unique dynamic HDR and 12 Bit color processing technology, each scene of the video is every frame, with more ideal depth, brightness, detail, contrast and wider color gamut.
- 【Upgrade Revolution----HDMI 2.1】 Hingwings 8K HDMI Cable conforms to the standard HDMI 2.1 version. Compared with HDMI 2.0, its transmission speed has a qualitative leap, from 18Gbps to 48Gbps (6GB/s) directly, and there will no longer be stuck or dropped frames when watching video from now on. Support eARC, can achieve more advanced audio signal control capabilities. It is also backward compatible with HDMI 2.0b/2.0a/1.4/1.3/1.2/1.1 versions
- 【HDMI Cable For Game Enthusiasts】 This HDMI Cable is not limited to [email protected], it can break through 4K and achieve 8K ultra-high image quality. It can also achieve a super smooth picture of [email protected] Its latest game mode supports variable refresh rate, maximizes the value of the graphics card and CPU, and is more accurate in the processing of rendered images. When the scene is switched, the refresh rate will change accordingly to obtain a smoother and more detailed picture.
- 【Reinforced classic high-quality materials】 This 8K HDMI Cable uses Hingwings' most popular classic style, with a new smart chip, making it reach an unprecedented height. The strength of the aluminum alloy shell and the tail's anti-bending design has been upgraded to make it more durable. The plug part is still made of 24K gold-plated material, which accurately transmits signals. The military grade tensile nylon material also greatly extends its life.
- 【The ultimate perfectionist】 This HDMI 8K cable was made at the factory. Every cable and even every part has been put through rigorous testing. We've combined every flawless part into a perfect 8K HDMI cable. Then pass the performance tests in the laboratory and present them to you after passing the exam.
- 4K HDMI Cable: Male to Male HDMI Cable Supports 4K Video @ 60Hz, 2K, 1080P, 48 bit/px HDR color depth, TrueHD 7.1, Audio Return Channel (ARC) & Ethernet
- Premium Quality HDMI Cable: This HDMI cable has 30WG copper wire, triple tin shielded in a double braided premium nylon with gold plated corrosion resistant connectors for guaranteed top tier image & sound
- Full Compatibility: Ultra high speed 4K HDMI cable supports 18Gbps transfer and is backwards compatible with earlier versions of HDMI cable (1.3/1.4/2.0/2.0a) NOT for 8K
- Universal HDMI Cable: Works with all of your HDMI devices. Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, PS5, PS4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch, computer, laptop, monitor, projector and more. An essential HDMI cable for all of your home & office devices
- 10 Feet 1 Pack: One 10 ft HDMI cable (3 meters) thickness 0.24 inches (6 mm)
- ⚡【High Speed HDMI Cable】: High Speed HDMI Cable supports HDMI 2.0b including 18 Gbps, Mirror & Extend mode, Ultra HD 4K 2160p, HD 2K 1080p, QHD 1440p, HDCP 2.2, 48-Bit Deep Color, Audio Return(ARC), Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio and Hot plugging.
- ⚡【4k HDMI Cable】: Features an ultra-durable nylon-braided jacket with a bend lifespan of 6000+ and High quality 24K gold plated connectors,This hdmi cord is perfect for any desk or entertainment setup, and is guaranteed to last in long term applications.(PS:The 4k Logo is printed on the aluminum shell which is wrapped around by a piece of plastic film to protect the shell from scraching ,feel free to remove the film when you use it.)
- ⚡【Our Hdmi Cable Innovative improvement】 - Backwards compatibility with all HDMI versions including HDMI 1.3 / 1.4 / 2.0 / 2.0a / 2.1. Tinplate Metal Shielding and gold-plated, corrosion-resistant connectors can protect against external signal interference, guarantee stable signal transmission and minimize signal loss.
- ⚡【Compatible with all HDMI Components】: Backwards compatibility with all HDMI versions including HDMI 1.3 / 1.4 / 2.0 / 2.0a / 2.1. Perfect for all HDMI enabled devices such as TV's, Monitors, Computers, PS3, PS4, other HDMI-enabled devices to your 4K/HD TV, monitors, displays or projectors.
- ⚡【Package Contents】: Capshi 4K HDMI Cable 6.6ft, You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Our reliable customer service will reply within 24 hours, always.
- 【Real 8K Ultra HDMI Cable 】The 8K HDMI cable 6.6 ft supports 48Gbps Ultra High Speed,Mirror,Extend&Game mode [email protected] UHD Video, [email protected],Resolution up to 7680*4320,3D,Dynamic HDR,HDCP2.2.You can enjoy best viewing experience with your family just at home,provide the best visual enjoyment.
- 【HDMI 8K 2.1 Cable】The HDMI 2.1 Cable adds enhanced audio return channel (eARC), provides high-definition audio and highest audio quality. The 8k hdmi cable 48gbps 2.1 also supports variable refresh rate (VRR), solves the problem of picture freeze and tear, making the game more smooth.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Capshi 8K HDMI Cable compatible with version 2.1, backward compatible with HDMI 2.0b/2.0a/2.0/1.4/1.3/1.2/1.1 version.Support Laptop,Blu-Ray Player,HDTV,Monitor,Projector and More any HDMI devices.
- 【Flexible And Durable】The HDMI Cord with unique 28AWG design,10,000 times bending test, triple shielding layer shielded, CL2 rated jacket, and covered with cotton yarn sleeve,gives the cable stronger protection and flexible performance than others . Do not worry about entanglement, effectively extending service Life, it makes the cable can transfer the signals in high speed and low loss.
- 【Premium Support】★★As a responsible seller,we provide you 1 pack Gaming HDMI Cable 8K + 24/7 customer service.Welcome to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Our reliable Customer Service will be sure to reply within 24 hours and offer proper solutions for you.
- 8K 48Gbps HDMI cable for transmitting video and audio signals from source to display
- Connect tablets, laptops and other host devices to projectors, video conference systems, HDTV, monitors, and more
- Flexible and durable PVC cable; Gold-plated HDMI connector resists corrosion and abrasion and enhances the signal transmission performance
- Supports Ethernet, 3D, [email protected] or [email protected] video, and Audio Return Channel (ARC); 48Gbps bandwith
- Plug and play design removes the need for complicated drivers or setup time
- [4k HDMI Cable 3.3FT] - Snowkids' Ultra High Definition 4K HDMI cable supports resolutions up to 4K (3840 * 2160 at 60Hz), giving you the smoothest visual experience of projection, home theater or high definition TV.
- [High-speed HDMI 2.0 Cable] - Transmit video and audio at lightning speed, bring you the ultimate audio-visual feast. Durable nylon braided also protect against external signal interference, ensures stable transmission and eliminate data loss.
- [Premium Quality HDMI Cable] - Combining gold-plated connectors, high-quality aluminum shell with copper core, this HDMI cable provides better anticorrosion property and particularly good flexibility, withstand more than 15,000 bending test for enhanced protection and durability.
- [Compatibility] - Compatible for 3D Blu-Ray players, PS3, PS4, HDTV, TV, Blu-ray Player, Projector, 4KUltra HD, etc. Support the HD image in Mirror Mode to be copied to HD screen and in Extended Mode to run split screen.
- [Reduce latency] - Our hdmi cable gives you a smoother and more accurate gaming experience with variable refresh rate, fast frame transmission, quick media switching and automatic low-latency mode.
- HIGH SPEED– Supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD) resolution, 3D, Deep Color, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master audio for a bright, clear video experience.
- COMPATIBLE WITH – Blu-ray Players, Samsung, Sony, LG and more TV brands, PlayStation and Xbox gaming consoles, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV, A/V receiver, and more!
- GOLD-PLATED GRIPPING CONNECTORS – Corrosion resistant connectors provide optimal audio and video signal transfer during the life of this cable. The gripping connectors create 3 times the port friction to prevent the cable from accidentally disconnecting because of vibrations or movement.
- BRAID SHIELD - Prevent and protects the cable from unwanted noise interference that can disrupt and degrade video transmission signals. This helps to ensure you receive clear, noise free, vivid picture/audio quality
- PACKAGING – To ensure you receive the highest quality products C2G packages all product in C2G branded packaging
- High Speed HDMI Cable: High Speed HDMI Cable supports HDMI 2.0b including 18Gbps high bandwidth, Mirror & Extend mode Ultra HD 4K 2160p, HD 2K 1080p, QHD 1440p, HDCP 2.2, 48-Bit Deep Color, Audio Return(ARC), Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio and Hot plugging.
- 4K HDMI Cable HDR Video: HDMI Cables Male to Male Supports 4K Video @ 60Hz, 3D, Backward compatible with 2K @120Hz (4:2:2, 4:2:0), 2K @60Hz(4:4:4), Full HD 1080p, and HD 720p.
- Superior Design: This HDMI cable has 28AWG copper wire, triple tin shielded in a double braided premium nylon with gold plated corrosion resistant connectors for guaranteed top tier image & sound
- Universal HDMI Cable: Compatible with all of your HDMI devices. Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, PS5, PS4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch, computer, laptop, monitor, projector and more. Indispensable hdmi cables for home and office equipment.
- 6 Feet 2-Pack: The perfect length, with the combination of two outfits, allows you to have more choices in application scenarios without worrying about usage issues.
- Nylon-braided HDMI cable (A Male to A Male): supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video, and Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- Connects Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, computers, and other HDMI-enabled devices to TVs, displays, A/V receivers, and more
- Allows for sharing an Internet connection among multiple devices without the need for a separate Ethernet cable
- Meets HDMI standards (4K Video at 60 Hz, 2160p, 48 bit/px color depth); supports bandwidth up to 18Gbps and backwards compatible with earlier versions.
- Cable length: 3 feet (0.9 meters); backed by an Amazon Basics Lifetime warranty
You May Also Like…
- Can a Universal Remote Work on a Soundbar?
- Are Soundbars a Waste of Money?
- Can You Use A Smart TV Without the Internet?
- Can You Use Smart TV for Zoom?
- Do Projectors Need To Warm Up?
Last update on 2021-06-10