Nowadays, almost every neighborhood keeps security cameras. It’s nothing wrong and vital for safety. However, it can pose a danger to your privacy. Sometimes, you could feel uncomfortable with the neighborhood camera. It’s quite normal. There’s a chance the neighborhood camera can point at your property. Therefore, people online want to learn how to blind the neighborhood security camera.
So, what to do? You can install tinted windows, plant shrubs, or large trees to slab the camera focus. Further, you can even talk to your neighbor about it. But it could be problematic if you don’t know it well. You can install a security camera pointed into the bosom’s pantile to deceive them into moving theirs. Yeah, you can do a lot of things indeed!
In this blog article, we’ll discuss how you can solve this problematic situation. Let’s read the whole article to learn about it –
How to Block Neighbor’s Security Camera – Let’s Check the Tips
People install security cameras for safety reasons. Nevertheless, they could be invading privacy. That’s undoubtedly a huge concern. On the other hand, blinding the camera could land you in legal trouble. Due to its complicated laws, you can’t also damage the camera as you can end up in jail for such a reason.
So, what should you do? Every state has laws on using a security camera in residential yards. However, some issues are almost equal for all countries worldwide. They are –
Solid Breach of Privacy
According to federal law, it’s illegal to install a security camera in a place where privacy is entirely expected. So, it’s pretty clear that if your neighbor points the camera that can capture the inside footage of your residence, it will surely be unlawful and you can act against it.
If the neighborhood’s camera captures public places or views, it has no problem. Federal law also permits that. Additionally, it is permissible if the camera is capturing the sidewalk, parking lot, or even your home’s front outside.
The places or something visible from the street is utterly legal under security law.
This is the most complicated matter for sure. The thing is, recording audio without the permission or acknowledgment of someone is illegal. But, how can you know that the camera is recording the audio? Actually, you’ve to ask your neighbor directly about it. There’s practically no other way to know it.
How to Block Neighbor’s Camera? – Secret Tips!
Here we are! The first and foremost thing to know is how your neighbor handles the camera. Before the rush to judgment, you’ve to ensure it. Otherwise, there’s no way you can’t enlist their act as harassment. As long as there’s no security breach, it will be ok according to the law.
However, if the camera infringes on your privacy, then you can take action. But one thing is don’t do any stupid things like breaking the camera, jamming, or disrupting its process. So, before doing such aggressive acts, hear us out. There are intelligent ways to interrupt the security surveillance cameras of the neighborhood.
Let’s check out some highly efficient ways –
Method 1 – Check Whether it’s Real or Fake
This is the most important thing you must do before making a judgment. Closely check whether the camera is real or fake. Sometimes, people use a decoy to fool the burglars to keep them at bay from doing illegal activity. Hence, it serves as a suitable deterrence method. It is also a cost-effective and highly efficient procedure.
Besides, you can use bug detectors to detect such a thing. We recommend you to use LM-8 Bug Detector, which has the capability to bring a security camera into the light. Apart from it, it can also reveal audio bugs. Moreover, you can do the task manually by looking for infrared light. In addition, look closely at whether the cable is linked to the camera.
Method 2 – Let’s Make a Chit Chat with Them!
So, do you doubt that your neighbors are spying on your property through their cameras? Don’t make an early assumption. If you feel that way, the best way to clear the matter is by paying a visit to them. Then, talk to them about your concern and ask them why the camera is pointing to your property.
If they say that they don’t have any intention to point the camera on your property and keep it for their own safety, you should ask for the footage. Seeing footage of the recorded video is the most convenient way to settle the discussion. As a result, the dispute won’t go big. If you see the footage isn’t giving anything of your area, then it’s ok.
However, if they refuse to provide any footage of what’s been taken from the camera, it might be a notion that they’re trying to hide something. Afterward, you can politely ask them to divert it. If they still refuse, then there’s something evil on their mind. Let’s end the chit chat and get ready for the upcoming action.
Method 3 – Get Help from Mediators
Disputing with unfriendly people is so disgusting. So, it’s better to ask for help from a reliable mediator. In such a case, you could ask for assistance from local community service or neighborhood mediation community centers. In whatever way, tell your genuine concern to them.
They could ask for a meeting and mediate the whole thing precisely.
Method 4 – Get Help from Authority
If you’re more than sure that your neighbor is invading your privacy by putting the camera on you and your property and refusing your request to divert it, it’s time to take legal action. Thus, you can contact the law enforcement agency. In such a case, talk to a lawyer or security forces.
This is simple math. You’ve tried to settle the dispute in a friendly way. Henceforth, you’ve tried everything to do it but failed. Now, it’s time to sort the issue in a much harder path.
Method 5 – Hack the Camera
You can turn off the live security camera by enforcing the hacking method. But, you’ve to learn the proper hacking way to do it. Therefore, knowing how to hack Wi-Fi will be good. Those methods are highly efficient in blocking security surveillance cameras.
Henceforth, it will be the most ingenious task if you seek to learn the perfect Wi-Fi hacking procedure to complete the job.
Method 6 – Purchase a Camera Jammer Gadget
A security camera jammer can be a super perfect option to stop the workability of a security camera. It works like electronic warfare! However, it will cost you thousands of dollars. It is a highly expensive device and you should prepare for state-based law-related problems with it. But, you could still count it as a superior option.
Security camera jammers can successfully stop the operations of a camera. Thus, it can feed your desire to block the neighbor from spying on you. Besides, the detection possibility is almost zero. This device can disable the camera activities while sending disruption code frequencies between 900MHz and 2499MHz.
Further, the surveillance camera jammer is too lightweight. You can even tote them in your pocket. Nevertheless, there is no cable jammer available on the market. Thus, you can try a laser method to continue to protect your privacy.
Method 7 – Planting Trees and Fences
It’s a good and fully legalized way to blind your neighbor’s security camera. Don’t want to go too techy? Ok, then! Just go the plant-y way! It’s good! You can plant big trees and strong fences in front of the surveillance camera. As a result, it will fail to capture anything inside your home.
Moreover, you can also shade the window to block the camera. Bamboo fences, yard shade sails, etc., are proficient things to blind CCTV cameras. A thoughtful approach, isn’t it?!
Method 8 – Install a Robust Light Facing Lens
You can proficiently block a mounted CCTV camera by using a powerful light lens. This procedure is superb and can stop the CC camera without causing damage to it. However, it can be on a timer. As a result, it generally shines at night. The security camera will jam immediately when you shine the light at night.
Henceforth, it is only for nighttime service. You can use this device if you don’t have any problem with filming in daylight.
Method 9 – Use Infrared Laser
You can productively blind the neighbor’s camera by using an infrared laser in the lens. But, this isn’t a permanent solution and it’s a temporary method to stop the security camera from exploring your inside. You can find such cameras in any hardware store.
Contrariwise, this method only applies if the camera is mounted on a wall instead of a pole. Nowadays, most CCTV cameras use infrared LEDs rather than infrared light. This system can blind the cameras that use infrared light only. Hence, you can blind the camera by pointing the laser towards the camera lens.
Nevertheless, don’t point the laser at the building or any people around it.
Method 10 – Use LED Light
Another sophisticated way to block the surveillance camera mounted on a wall is to install a LED light in front of it. However, you’ve to ensure that the light successfully faces the camera. This is how it can stop the camera’s activity temporarily. One thing is this method will see success if the camera is only mounted on a wall. It can’t blind any pole-mounted camera.
Moreover, you can get its benefit if the camera uses infrared light instead of bright infrared light.
Method 11 – Setup Film on the Windows
You can block off the neighbor’s camera by installing tape all over the window. In such a case, you must use dark-colored tape. So, they won’t find anything inside of your property. Yes, you need to work smartly to make this method effective. However, you will be able to fool the disgusting neighbors through this method.
Nevertheless, this method will work if the camera is set up on a mounted wall. But, it will be ineffective if the camera is installed in a pole-mounted area. This is an effortless and magnificent solution to blind the CCTV camera for the time being.
Method 12 – Setup Black Mesh
If a noisy neighbor can see the window, it’s time to block it! Here we go – you can do it by installing black mesh over the window. As a result, your home will be protected and there’s no way to see inside parts of your residence.
How to Install the CCTV Camera Outside?
There are multiple procedures you’ve to do before installing a surveillance camera outside. Take a look –
- Firstly, set up a list of areas where you want to place the security camera. Further, you should provide weather protection to protect the camera from rain or snow. This is how its durability will stay intact. On the other side, if you’re installing a wired camera, you should install it some places where you can easily connect it with a power supply.
- Let’s prepare the camera. You can do it by drilling pilot holes for the screws using the shaped piece of metal. Now, secure the camera mount to the wall with the assistance of these screws.
- Place the camera wherever you want. But, keep people’s privacy intact and ensure it won’t invade anybody’s private property. Secure the CC camera to the mount and synthesize its angle in the correct way.
- Install the suitable application on the camera. Search on Google play store or Apple store and find the right app for it.
- Link the gadget with a Wi-Fi network. Let’s follow the Wi-Fi-enabled surveillance camera requirements to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, ready – set – and go!
Some Important Things You Should Know
There are some essential matters you must know –
Right of Installing CCTV Camera and Taking Footage
Of course, your neighbor has the right to install a security camera. Is there any doubt? Never! They can do it for personal protection and safety. Moreover, this is how they can keep burglars away from home. But they can’t capture the sensitive or explicit footage of your home.
In such a case, you can raise your concern and take legal action against them. A security breach is always an illegal thing, according to law. So, you can talk to your neighbor if you feel concerned. Other measurements can be implemented if necessary.
Yes, your neighbor can put a surveillance camera in their home to keep them safe. There’s nothing wrong with that. But they can’t capture private or sensitive things in your home. In such a case, you can have the full right to your privacy.
Perhaps your room can be seen on your neighbor’s CCTV cam. Moreover, the window of the room is also visible from the outside. But, if the camera takes footage, which is invisible to naked eyes, it will be branded as a privacy breach. And, if that happens, you have the right to take legal action.
Furthermore, privacy infringement is always an unlawful thing. You can also consult a lawyer or pay a visit to the police if you feel that your neighbor is spying on you or breaking your privacy. However, most of the cases proved that privacy breaching doesn’t happen. It will be best if you make contact with the neighbor and share your concern.
If things don’t go well, then you can take legal action at a later stage.
Things You Should Stay Away From
It’s crucial to know where you should stop. You can’t go beyond limits as certain acts might be harmful and make things ugly. So, you’ve to see the limit. For this reason, don’t do any questionable actions. Yes, you can get provocation to see various strategies to block CCTV cameras on the internet.
However, you should know some things before making any rogue decision. When you ask such a question, “how to blind neighborhood security cameras,” in a forum, you might get questionable tips. Here are something you should stay away from –
That’s a big thing. If you cut the camera’s cable, it means you’ve harmed someone’s property. Afterward, if you file a complaint to the police, things won’t be in your favor for sure.
Covering the Lens
Making a barrier over the lens with anything is also against the law. It means you’re disturbing other people’s property. So, it won’t help either.
Hack the CC Camera
It’s not a secret matter that hacking is an illegal path. So, if you hack into the system, it means you’ve done an illicit job. Yes, hacking isn’t a challenging task. But, remember that getting caught is equally easy.
Using Spray Paint
Spraying paint over the lens is an entirely illicit activity. You can’t paint on other people’s property. As a result, you could even face criminal charges.
Breaking the Camera
It is too disgusting to matter when somebody violates your privacy. Moreover, it is a more matter of anger if somebody doesn’t listen about it. But, you can’t lose your cool on this issue. Hence, you should try to keep your anger in check.
If you lose your cool and break the camera, you could face a severe police charge.
How to Blind the Neighborhood Security Camera – FAQs
Harmful people use hidden cameras and mics. They use it to spy on somebody they branded as their enemy. However, what’s the process of detecting them? You can physically catch them. The camera lens is covered with reflective surfaces. Hence, this surface begins to glow when they’re exposed to light.
You can also trace them through electronic signals. There are RF detectors that can assist you in this. In addition, they start to beep when they discover signals from a hidden cam.
Is it possible to blind the security camera?
There are several ways. But, if you want to do it, you must calculate some measurements. Otherwise, you could face legal trouble.
How much does a CC camera cost?
The price of a CCTV camera will cost around 80$ to 100$. Henceforth, if you want a camera with weather-resistant capability, it could cost you about $200 to $250.
Can a surveillance camera work through the window?
Yes, some CCTV cameras possess motion sensors. In such a case, they are capable of tracking out motion and recording it from the glass window.
Bottom Line – Don’t do anything stupid!
The last thing we want to tell you is don’t do anything driven by emotion. Otherwise, you could regret it for sure! Just remember that any stupid move could land you in legal trouble. As a result, you could spend a lot of bucks. Before taking any move, we advise you to read and learn the legal issues and regulations regarding security measurements and privacy breaches.
Furthermore, if you have any sophisticated ideas to ban security cameras pointing at private property, you can share them with us in the box below! Thanks and goodbye!
Best Seller List of Security Cameras:
- Monitor the inside of your home day and night with our 1080P HD indoor plug-in smart security camera with motion detection and two-way audio.
- See, hear, and speak to people and pets in your home from your smartphone with Blink Mini’s live view and two-way audio.
- Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
- Use Mini as an indoor plug-in chime for Blink Video Doorbell. Hear a real-time alert from Mini when someone presses your Video Doorbell.
- Choose to save and share clips with a free 30-day trial of the Blink Subscription Plan or locally with the Sync Module 2 (sold separately).
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately); Audio not supported
- Patented 100 percent Wire Free design for easy placement anywhere and field of view 110 degree
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and real time email or app notifications
- Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted Battery:Four Lithium CR123 Photo
- Live Steam from Anywhere with Pan/Tilt: Sharp and clear 1080p Full HD provides high quality video right in the palm of your hand. Swipe up, down, left and right on your phone to rotate and set your camera’s point of view in real-time.Controller Type:Google Assistant;Amazon Alexa.Connectivity protocol:Wi-Fi.Power source type:Corded Electric
- Real-Time Motion/Sound Detection: Get alerts on your smart phone whenever motion or sound is detected even at night (30ft). Enable patrol mode on your home security camera system, to make most use of cameras for home security as pet camera or nanny cam
- Secure Your Videos Locally or with AWS Cloud: EC70 mini camera continuously records and stores footage or video clips on a local MicroSD card up to 64 GB. You can view up to 30 days of video history and enjoy more advanced features when you subscribe Kasa Care Plan. No need to check your Kasa Spot Pan Tilt throughout the day. Get automatic alerts when it detects motion or sound.
- Smart Actions: As one of the most user-friendly security cameras, EC70 provides you a way to set your lights to turn on when your camera detects motion with Smart Actions, which allow you to create interactions between your camera and other Kasa devices
- Voice Control: For additional ease of use, pair the Kasa wifi camera with Alexa echo or Google assistant. Use a simple voice command to ask Alexa or Google Assistant to view your live camera feed on compatible Alexa or Google devices
- 【Ultra 2K Resolution & Advanced Night Vision】Galayou wifi camera with 2K HD resolution provides you a clear and vivid image quality and captures more details on your home anywhere during day and night by using 6X digital Zoom. This indoor security camera has an enhanced night vision with effective distance up to 33 ft . This indoor camera for home security only supports 2.4GHz WiFi. ( 5GHz is not supported )
- 【24/7 Real-Time Motion Alert & Smart Siren】 The baby camera supports motion detection and push alert to monitor your baby/pet/elder. When your baby is climbing out of the cribs or your pet is scratching the sofa, Galayou baby camera monitor will send alert message on your phone to let you know.
- 【Remote Monitoring & Two-Way Audio】 Built-in microphone and speaker allows you to keep in touch with your baby, pet,family by remotely controlling the Wansview Cloud APP when you are out or busy. This WiFi camera for home surveillance also can scare away the unexpected intruder to keep your property safe with audio feature.
- 【Secure Local Storage & Cloud Storage 】 24/7 continuous recording feature is open to all Galayou customers without extra fees. Glayou indoor camera supports up to 128GB mciro SD card to store the vidoe clips on local storage. The Cloud storage also is a good option for the user who don't want to take the risk of losing card and card damaged. All recorded videos will be fully protected and encrypted with AWS Cloud.
- 【Works with Alexa& Google Home】 The security camera is compatible with Alexa and Google home. Just use the voice command to control these devices to show you the live-feed of camera. The smart integration between the Galayou camera and your device make your home system more intelligent and reliable.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Store video clips and photos in the cloud with the Blink Subscription Plan and save events locally to the Blink Sync Module 2 via a USB flash drive (sold separately).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Designed so you can set up yourself in minutes. No wiring, no professional installation required.
- Wireless & Easy Installation: This security camera can be installed using a normal E27 bulb base(110V~240V), NO MORE EXTRA INSTALLATION STEPS. then you just need to connect the light bulb camera to the router, open the app to setup the camera within minutes.
- Motion Detection & Real-time Alerts: this PTZ dome surveillance camera adopts a highly sensitive motion sensor, Once the camera detects the movement of the object after connecting it to the Internet, it will record the moving picture and notify you through the APP.
- HD 1080P & Pan Tilt: This Pan Tilt WiFi security camera can provide you with a clear vision (Full HD 1080P resolution) at any time,You can use the APP to control the camera viewing angle to achieve 360 viewing without blind spots.
- Two-Way Audio & High Quality Service: Built-in microphone and speaker, the bulb security camera can have a conversation between you and your visitor, If you have any question, please contact us. We provide lifetime technical support and services.
- Remote Viewing & Night Vision: Our home security camera can control the viewing angle through APP,you can access remotely view anywhere and any time through your iPhone/Android phone/Ipad,Even in complete darkness, you can view clear images.
- 【Rechargeable & Waterproof & Wire-Free】This wireless rechargeable outdoor/indoor camera can provide 1 to 5 months of worry free use for once charge. The security cameras wireless outdoor with IP65 waterproof can work in any weather. Since the WIFI cam is completely wireless, no power cords or network cable is needed, allowing install virtually anywhere with the provided, bracket and screw.
- 【PIR Motion Detection with AI Analysis Recognition】This outdoor camera wireless with advanced smart AI motions detection, it can clear analysis and recognition person, vehicle, pet and package. The AI PIR sensor will be triggered in real time once the outdoor security cameras detect motion, at the same time, the notification will be pushed to your phone via the app. And this security camera can be shared with multiple users.
- 【1080P HD Live Video, Picture & Color Night Vision】The security cameras wireless outdoor provide a degree wide angle, 1080P quality video and image. Regarding night vision, it has two modes, full color night vision and infrared night vision with a 33ft visible range. Whether it is night or day, it will provide a clear wide video of any area you wish to monitor. With the included app, the system’s live or recorded video can be accessed anywhere at any time.
- 【Two-Way Talk & Smart Instant Siren】This outside camera has a built-in microphone and speaker that supports real-time, two-way, audio calls. With the mobile App you can warn off thieves, screen visitors at your door or communicate directly with your family or friends. Siren, flashing white light or 2-way talk that both allow you drive away thieves and unwanted visitors.
- 【Cloud/SD & Free 3-Day Cycle Cloud Storage】The home security camera supports SD card and cloud storage. It provides free rolling 3-day cycled cloud storage that you can enjoy storage service without any subscription. And it provides a 30-day free trial of advanced features that include AI recognition, upgraded cloud memory, custom alert areas and etc, the advanced features starts at $2.99 per month after 30 days free trial.
- Easy Installation: This light bulb camera can be installed using a normal E27 bulb base, then open the mobile APP and follow the manual settings to use.
- HD 1080P: The wireless WiFi camera uses 1080P high-definition resolution to provide you with a clear picture, open cloud storage or insert SD, it will save the historical video.
- Motion Detection and Real-time Alerts: The 360° degree bulb camera uses a high-sensitivity motion sensor, once the camera detects the motion of an object after connecting to the Internet, it will record the motion and notify you through the APP.
- Night Vision: This surveillance camera can control the viewing angle through the APP, you can view it remotely anytime and anywhere through the APP, even in complete darkness, you can view clear images.
- Two way audio function.You can communicate with other people through this light bulb camera.
- 【Mini Size but Mighty Picture】This mini camera is not yet the size of an ID card, but brings together the functions of a normal security camera, and even more convenient to connect to a 2.4Ghz WiFi via our latest technology.
- 【Vivid Full-Color at Night】Important features like faces or license plates will be shown clearly in dark while a smart white light is lighting up at dark, which will bring you a vivid full-color night vision.
- 【Indoor & Outdoor Use】The home camera is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine. Also, its trendy look will harmonize with your home decoration style.
- 【Smart AI Detection】As well as motion or sound are detected, notifications will be sent to your mobile phone. You will catch every abnormal action to consider seeking help or just press the alarm button raising a sonorous siren in an emergency.
- 【Response Immediately】Two-way Real time talk makes it possible to hear and speak to visitors with live view. Timely telling the courier to help you put the delivery in the designated location or just communicate with strangers outdoor.
- 【Wireless & Easy Installation】Simply screw the light bulb security camera into a normal E27 light socket (110V ~ 240V). NO ADDITIONAL POWER SUPPLY, real wireless camera. Open the phone app and follow the Installation Guide or in-app instructions to set up the WiFi camera within minutes. NOTE: This camera works with 2.4GHz WiFi only, 5GHz WiFi is NOT supported.
- 【2K Crystal Image & Color Night Vision】Unlike regular 1080P resolution, Galayou light bulb camera has 2K Ultra resolution to provide crystal day and night vision. With 6 floodlights and 6 IR lights, the lightbulb security camera allows you to see clearly colored images even in the dark.
- 【Motion Tracking/Siren & 24/7 Recording】The wireless WiFi bulb camera will detect a moving object, follow it to move, alarm the siren, give out white light and save the motion video. You will receive a real-time app notification. The bulb camera supports recording motion videos or 24/7 footage to the cloud or a TF card (up to 128GB, not included).
- 【2-Way Audio & 360 Camera】The security camera outdoor is equipped with a built-in mic & speaker. Talk and listen to the courier, baby, or pet via this porch camera. Warn unwanted guests at home, driveway, hallway, garage, or back door. The wireless security camera has a 355° pan and 65° tilt range to achieve a 360-degree view.
- 【Multi-device&user Share & Supports Alexa】 Support adding multiple cameras for home security on your mobile phone app or PC software, simultaneously displaying 4 home cameras' feeds. You can create several family accounts and share the light socket security camera with your family and friends. Supports RTSP, compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
Last update on 2022-11-17