If you are setting up an entirely wireless home theater, you will want to add Bluetooth to your receiver so that you can connect your TV with your receiver via Bluetooth. There are different kinds of Bluetooth receivers available on the market. But not all of them are suitable choices for home theater sound. So you have to be sure about what you are looking for before you purchase one.
A wireless Bluetooth adapter can be the problem solver. You can find these adapters available in different price ranges based on the quality. Moreover, these adapters are easy to use also.
After adding Bluetooth to your home theater system, you will be able to play any sound right from your phone or from any Bluetooth-supported device, including your laptops and some smart home devices
How to Install a Bluetooth Receiver
You will see a lot more detail about what to look for in a Bluetooth receiving unit and how to set it up and start using it. But now you can get to know that installing these devices is so easy. You just have to follow some easy and simple steps. Moreover installing process for all the Bluetooth receivers will be almost the same.
Choose the Hardware
Firstly, you have to study the information below and get to know how to connect and use the hardware you’ve chosen. After you have selected your receiver, you do not have to worry much because the install process is mostly the same for all the receivers available on the market.
Connect the Bluetooth Adapter to the receiver
You have to connect the adapter with your receiver using the red and white A/V cables that will come with the Bluetooth adapter. These cables are also called RCA cables. There will only be two cables because of the limitations of Bluetooth technology. The system will only carry two channels of sound.
The cables will be very easy to connect. You just have to connect the red RCA cable with the adapter’s red connection port and the white RCA cable with the white connection port, then connect the other end of the cables with the receiver’s red and white RCA input ports, and you will be ready to go.
Connect a Device to the Bluetooth Adapter
After you have connected all your equipment, you are now ready to make the wireless connection with your receiver. Turn the power on of the Bluetooth adapter and connect it with the device you want to play audio. Via Bluetooth, you just have to pair your device with the adapter by following the steps specified by the adapter’s manufacturer.
It is as easy as turning the adapter on and finding it in your phone or computer’s Bluetooth pairing menu.
Power On and Test
After you have successfully paired your device with the adapter, you are now ready to power on the receiver and test it out.
Sometimes you may have to change the input on the receiver to the channels you’ve plugged the RCA cables. So if you do not hear anything first, you do not have to worry; change the input on the receiver. You can also check the receiver’s manual for any help.
Choosing the Right Equipment
At first, you have to make sure that your Bluetooth receiver’s output plugs match with the input plugs of the channel you want to use on your A/V or stereo receiver. But if you do not have one or can’t find one that matches, you have to get an appropriate converter cable.
Aside from USB connections, Bluetooth receivers have universally analog audio output. So if your A/V or stereo receiver only has digital inputs, you have to purchase a converter unit that plugs into the wall.
There are two kinds of Bluetooth receivers available on the market. Those are battery-powered and wall-powered.
Battery-powered units are generally used for the auxiliary input of car radio systems. They come with a minimalistic look because they have fewer cables. But you have to recharge them or replace the batteries.
But we think that Wall powered receivers are the best choice for a home theater system. For this, you may need to extend your surge protector, but it really worth it. After setting it up, there will be no maintenance.
A High-Quality Bluetooth Adapter Option
One of the most significant issues that you can face with Bluetooth for audio is the strength of the signal. So if you want the best performance from your hardware, you can try and solve the possible issues with wireless Bluetooth signals.
The Bluetooth 5 feature will be suitable for your signal strength, but it will also pull triple duty by being a Bluetooth broadcaster and receiver. So it can solve your problem. Besides, it will add more functionality by routing sound to other devices, such as from your TV to a pair of wireless headphones.
A More budget-Friendly Option
The Bluetooth technology is easy to use, and it is pretty cheap to implement also. Bluetooth Adapters like this esinkin Bluetooth Audio Adapter (on Amazon) is able to convert your Bluetooth signals to the left and right channel sound without coming close to breaking the bank.
This adapter comes with a limited low number of channels, so you will be able to get it at an affordable price because the wireless signal can’t carry all the channels.
Drawbacks of Bluetooth
Bluetooth connectivity is mainly designed for broadcasting signals between portable devices. Nowadays, many home theater systems come with built-in Bluetooth connectivity, so it should be one of your last resorts for wireless audio transmission.
Bluetooth is designed so that you can connect your personal devices without headphone wires or other cables. It is common to connect with a car stereo system, a portable speaker unit, or any other audio devices you expect to be close by when using.
Bluetooth comes with a range of 30 feet only. You can play your playlist from your phone, but you should not do that if you want to travel with it. However, Bluetooth 5 can provide you with three to ten times this range. But if you want to enjoy this feature, you have to have Bluetooth 5 in both the receiver you are going to buy and the device you want to connect to it. This feature has been available since 2017, but you can find it only in the top of the line devices.
Bluetooth technology is only able to play two-channel stereo sound. So if you want to broadcast 3.x or 5.x audio to your receiver, your sound will be compressed into two channels. However, you can not get 3.x audio or higher from a Bluetooth receiver.
Another disadvantage is the circuit of a Bluetooth receiver. Bluetooth receivers are not able to transmit a digital audio signal. But most of home theater systems can receive the digital audio signal. So it is a disadvantage of using Bluetooth.
Two Ways to Set Up a Bluetooth Receiver
But actually, there are two ways to connect a Bluetooth receiver to your home theater. You can use any of the ways to connect your receiver. It mostly depends on how you are going to use it. Moreover, you may need another kind of equipment. Make sure how you will connect your Bluetooth receiver to your home theater before you start to buy something.
Separate Channel (Safest Way)
You can set up a Bluetooth receiver by connecting it to the audio inputs of its own channel on your receiver. Moreover, it is the safest way. After selecting the input channel, you can connect the right and left channels of the Bluetooth receiver with the input channels.
Now you can select the input channel and play music from any device by pairing it with the receiver. During testing the sound, connect to the Bluetooth with your device’s lowest volume, then play a song and gradually increase the sound.
HT Bypass (Best Sound)
Some of the available A/V or stereo receivers come with a separate HT (home theater) bypass. This system allows you to bypass the preamp stage and play your sound straight through the power amp into your left and right speakers and your subwoofer so that you do not get any muddy crossover from your center and rear speakers.
It is also risky because your speakers will do the processing. So if you accidentally connect the receiver with your phone at full volume and play any sound, it could damage your speakers.
Let’s Get Wireless
So after reading the article, we hope that now you can take your decision. You can purchase a Bluetooth adapter, plug it in, connect your device, and start hearing sound without any wire connection. You may be limited to only two channels, but the elegant look of fewer wires really worth it.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Bluetooth Network Adapters:
- 🎶【Enjoy Wireless Streaming Music】This car Bluetooth adapter can be connected to non-Bluetooth car audio systems, home stereos, speakers, wired headphones via the 3.5mm AUX adapter; And equipped with a Bluetooth 5.0 chip for stable connection / fast transmission / wide signal range. Just pair it with your phone and start listening to your favorite music!
- 🎧【Intelligent Noise Reduction Tech】Our Bluetooth audio receiver adopts the latest CVC8.0 Noise Cancellation and Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technologies, which can eliminate echo and block out intrusive background noise (such as wind, traffic, or crowds), providing you with crystal-clear calling sounds.
- 🔋【Up to 16 Hours of Battery Life】The working time of this aux Bluetooth adapter is up to 16 hours when making calls or playing music. And it takes only 2.5 hours to fully charge the device by using a Type-C fast charging cable (Included in the package). In addition, this Bluetooth music adapter can be used while charging, which is very convenient.
- 📞【Hands-free Calling & Navigation】A built-in microphone and one “MFB” button to answer / redial / hang up / reject calls, help you make hands-free calls. And the Bluetooth audio adapter supports broadcasting voice notification from existed navigation App. You don’t have to look down the phone on the move. Make sure you drive safely!
- 📱【Dual Connection】The portable Bluetooth stereo adapter can be paired with 2 devices at the same time. You can enjoy your music and never worry about missing any calls. Once paired, the car receiver will automatically reconnect to your last paired Bluetooth devices, as long as they are within the wireless range.
- Smart Sense Glass Panel Touch Screen Technology
- Bluetooth V4.0 Hands-Free Calling from Enabled Phone
- A2DP Wireless MP3 Audio Playback from Enabled Device
- Built-in Front Panel Bluetooth Microphone
- 800x480 Widescreen Resolution
- Listen music wireless: Stream your audio entertainment from your smart phone or tablet. Listen music through your perfect sound system from your smart phone or tablet with perfect sound quality
- Easy to setup: Simply pair your smart phone or tablet to the audio adapter with a single button
- Wireless range: Do not have to dock your mobile device with reliable audio connection and it can receive music from up to 10-12 meters( 30-40 feet) away
- Works with most speakers, Superior acoustics: Plug the adapter into any A/V receivers and any powered speakers with standard RCA or 3.5 mm jacks. Don't compromise on sound delivers high quality acoustics
- NOTE: The speakers are demonstrations in the image which are not included in the package. This item is a bluetooth receiver for speakers.
- 【DUAL ANTENNAS&LONG RANGE】With dual antennas and class 1 Bluetooth technology, the 1Mii B06 Pro Long Range Bluetooth receiver can achieve a range of up to 197ft (60m) line-of-sight in the open air and up to 50-70ft (20-30m) indoors(without obstacles). NOTE: operation range can be affected by Wi-Fi routers or antennas on the stereo receiver, etc.
- 【APTX LOW LATENCY&3D AUDIO】1Mii B06 Pro Bluetooth receiver for home stereo features QCC3005 Bluetooth 5. 0 chip to ensure high fidelity Bluetooth audio signal for music streaming to speakers or home stereo systems that doesn’t have the capability. This Bluetooth adapter also supports apt-X and apt-X Low Latency (apt-X-LL). And the 3D audio can be switched on or off by pressing the “3D” button on the Bluetooth audio receiver. The green LED will be on when switched to 3D audio.
- 【VOLUME & TRACK ADJUSTMENT】Press the volume button on the 1Mii B06 Pro Bluetooth receiver to volume up and down. Press and hold the volume button for 2 seconds to do next or previous track. (NEW FUNCTION)
- 【OPT&AUX&COAXIAL, EASY SETUP】Easy plug, pair and play. Plug into computer speakers, home stereo systems or other speaker systems via the 3. 5 mm, RCA, coaxial or optical cable, then pair the Bluetooth receiver with the Bluetooth audio devices such as smartphones or tablet. After that, you can enjoy the music. NOTE: This product is a receiver only, NOT a transmitter.
- 【WORKS WITH VOICE COMMANDS】Connect this 1Mii B06 Pro Bluetooth audio adapter to your stereo via a 3. 5 mm, RCA or optical cable, pair the Bluetooth receiver with your Echo via Bluetooth on the Alexa app, it is easy to control your music with voice commands. Please make sure to use the audio cable to connect the Bluetooth receiver with your stereo, not with the Echo.
- 300-WATT POWER: The Pyle 4 Channel Pre-Amplifier is perfect for your home theater entertainment system. It gives you 300 watts peak power to be used for multi speakers witth 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
- 6 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports SD / MMC card, USB, MP3, AM FM tuner, AUX, CD player, 2 microphone input with echo for karaoke or event hosting, RCA, AUX, and Bluetooth inputs
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED: The integrated hybrid amplifier is equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.
- A/B SPEAKER SELECTOR: The professional integrated stereo receiver has A/B speaker selector enabling you to choose b/w speaker set. Use either A or B speakers or both. Note that when it is turned on initially it uses both speakers as default
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization and master volume adjustments. Includes remote control for distant audio adjustments and a power cable. Note :Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manual
- Compatible with all Bluetooth 8BitDo controllers and arcade sticks.
- Compatible with next gen controllers: Xbox Bluetooth controller, PS4, Wiimote, Wii U Pro, Switch Joy-Cons, Switch Pro
- Lag free!!!
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Simple and sophisticated design with two channels of 100 W high-power output. Minimum RMS Output Power: 100W plus 100W (8ohms, 40Hz-20kHz, 0.2 percentage THD)
- Phono input terminals for turn tables voice control using your Alexa device like echo or echo dot. FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 1kHz, 100% Mod., Mono) - 3 µV (20.8 dBf). FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo) - 65dB / 64dB
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV. Frequency Response-0 ± 0.5dB / 0 ± 3.0dB. FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)-65dB / 64dB
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM internet radio, Tidal and Deezer. Standby Power Consumption-0.1W (Network standby on / Wi-Fi connection, 1.8W)
- HI-RES AUDIO. Engineered for universal hi-res compatibility and ease of use. Enjoy albums on your phone or laptop that have been mastered in high-resolution. Also handles 11.2 MHz DSD, 192/24 PCM and Dolby TrueHD formats for ultimate depth and clarity.
- BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE. Seamlessly connect your phone, tablet or PC and stream to the receiver with Bluetooth Wireless Technology. This smart receiver remembers your device and starts playback whenever it detects an incoming Bluetooth audio stream.
- LISTEN YOUR WAY. This receiver features built-in Pandora, Spotify, Sirius XM, tune in and Slacker so you can listen to your favorite music. Faceplate preset buttons store four FM/AM and internet radio stations-just push one to start listening right away.
- CONTROL ANYWHERE. No need to get up when you're enjoying the music. This receiver supports the Onkyo Remote App with Apple products and Android-powered devices.
- FEATURES. Dynamic Audio Amplification (DAA) features a custom High-Current Low-Noise Power Transformer, customized capacitors and discrete amp output. Plays compressed, lossless and Hi-Res Audio via local network.
- 【Rebirth Your Home Stereo】DS200 Pro is a Bluetooth HiFi receiver supports LDAC, which can streams high quality music from cellphone, pc or any other music player with Bluetooth to any of your home stereo systems. Plug and play, super easy.
- 【QUALCOMM Bluetooth 5.0】DS200 Pro Bluetooth Receiver for Home Stereo is featuring Bluetooth 5.0 (CSR8675) chip which is a premium solution delivering high quality wireless audio performance and supporting for aptX, aptX LL, aptX HD, AAC decoding.
- 【Audiophile Grade DAC】Featuring with ES9018K2M SABRE32 Reference DAC which is a high-performance 32-bit, 384kHz PCM data, 2-channel audio D/A converter targeted for audiophile-grade portable applications, delivers a DNR of up to 127dB and THD+N of –120dB, a performance level that will satisfy the most demanding audio enthusiasts. 2.0Vrms maximum RCA output level.
- 【Extended Long Range】Utilizing Class 1 Bluetooth technology and designed with external gain antenna. DS200Pro Bluetooth receiver can achieve a range of up to 100ft. Kindly be noted that Operation range can be affected by many factors such as Wi-Fi routers, physical obstructions like walls, metal obstacles etc. and also depended on receiving device.
- 【Flexible Connectivity】Supports both analog (RCA / 3.5mm AUX audio) and digital (optical) outputs, provides ultimate compatibility with your existing stereo equipment.
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR 4K UHD TV – At 140W per channel, the Denon AVR-S540BT receiver delivers exceptional brightness and contrast, and supports HLG, HDR, BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling for realistic display and immersive sound
- YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS - With built-in Bluetooth, play music from eight different devices, and create an integrated multi-room audio system with Denon HEOS LINK. Allows wireless music streaming from Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and more
- OUR EASY ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound
- FOUR QUICK SELECT BUTTONS ON THE FRONT PANEL help you store your preferred audio settings for television, Blu-Ray, and more, and allows you to switch between them quickly
- With its 100-year legacy and Japanese precision technology, Denon AV Receiver S540BT DELIVERS MULTI-DIMENSIONAL SURROUND SOUND with 5.2 channel compatibility and SUPPORTS 4K ULTRA HD PICTURE QUALITY, perfect for your home theater and entertainment system
You May Also Like…
- How to Connect TV to Receiver Without HDMI?
- How to Connect Two Bluetooth Speakers at Once?
- What is a Pre-Out on an A/V Receiver, When Would You Use It?
- Can a Universal Remote Work on a Soundbar?
- Are Soundbars a Waste of Money?
Last update on 2021-10-14