Around 2010, companies introduced major consumer electronics such as 3D product lines, touting them as their best TVs. However, the 3D TV craze has died down since then. Many projector manufacturers, though, continue to provide alternatives to 3D, and today we will compare 3D TVs vs. 3D Projectors.
You must have heard about the 3D content and the charms of watching them. Possibly, you might have a list of your favorite 3D movies and waiting to watch them on a device but are stuck between the two options.
Although both devices are good, but they have significant differences that make one better than the other. Thanks to the adventure of 3D TV and projectors due to them, it has been possible to bring all the excitement at home for 3D viewing. A question might be hovering around your head, are 3D projectors worth it? If anyhow they are, how do they compare to the 3D TVs?
Let’s find out the answers to all of your questions together!
After extensive research, we have collected all the necessary information regarding the benefits and flaws of 3D TVs and Projectors for you to choose between these two options. Some of the major points are mentioned below:
Passive 3D TVs can blend two frames into one by altering the horizontal lines of the frame meant for the left eye and the one for the right eye.
Less wattage is used in them as compared to projectors. There is no need for syncing glasses with the device.
HDTVs have smaller sizes, so the 3D content is less obvious in them. Also, a reduction in resolution has been observed in passive 3D by half to produce 3D effects.
The quality of content remains the same as the resolution will not be compromised. A full-screen resolution can be seen by each eye independently.
Active 3D needs syncing with the device to work. Crosstalk is more than Passive 3D devices.
The screen size of a passive 3D Projector is larger than HDTV to display 3D content more obvious. Passive 3D projectors are low in price as compared to 3D TV.
These are the most cost-effective appliances. No need to sync with glasses and crosstalk is also less.
More wattage is used in projectors in comparison to TVs. The resolution is also reduced in the case of passive 3D projectors.
All features are comparably similar to the passive 3D projectors, except, that active 3D will need to sync with the device to work.
The stake is higher than vibrancy and deep black levels, considering the display quality of 3D content. The real joy of 3D comes from the immersion displayed on the screen, which can be challenging for small or medium-sized displays.
The color gamut used in TVs is wide and also provides better HD resolution as compared to the video projector. Though TV never gives off poor content but the overall quality of projector screen gives better options to consumers for an authentic 3D viewing experience.
Interestingly, projectors offer a much larger and more flexible screen at a lower price, even a decent projector under 500 can support 3D. There’s only one advantage of using a TV over a projector is that it consumes less energy.
The obvious difference will be visible on the electricity bill, depending on the plan of how much using them.
Note: All projectors do not support 3D. You must look at the specifications to see if there is a specified statement for displaying 3D content.
3D TVs have been discontinued by many manufacturers such as LG, Samsung, Sony, and others but still, there are many in use. They have been widely replaced by 3D projectors. The provided information is for those who need clearance on used 3D TV or for archive purposes.
Watching 3D content in movie theaters is fun but being able to watch 3D movies, shows, programming, and video/PC games at home is the best deal for anyone. If properly adjusted, 3D TV can deliver an excellent immersive viewing experience.
If you are not a big fan of 3D content, there is also an option for displaying 2D content on that TV in the best quality.
By comparing filmed content with the content being displayed in 3D, you will find out the depth and layers of the images are not similar to in the real world.
Many people also do not like 3D TVs because they are easily bothered by wearing 3D glasses. The field of vision also gets narrowed by wearing 3D glasses.
Though wearing or not wearing 3D glasses can be some options for you, the high pricing to pay is the only choice you can make. Some 3D TVs use passive polarized glasses that are less expensive and more comfortable.
Without any doubt, 3D TVs are very expensive. Due to their discontinuation, their prices have same down after a few years, but these prices are still higher than other non-3D TVs.
Best Seller List of 3D TVs:
- QNED MINI LED DISPLAY: The LG Quantum Dot NanoCell display combines NanoCell and miniLED technology for brilliantly bright colors and a higher contrast ratio for deeper blacks.
- QUANTUM DOT NANOCELL COLOR TECHNOLOGY: A color innovation that needs to be seen. Two color technologies – Quantum Dot and NanoCell Plus – combine to deliver a more stunning picture with richer, more accurate colors.
- MINI LED BACKLIGHT: New MiniLED technology is a giant leap forward in LCD TV. Tiny LEDs offer a more detailed control, a brighter picture and an ultra-high contrast ratio for smooth, life-like images that seem to jump out of the screen and into your room.
- 120HZ REFRESH RATE: LG TVs are great for watching your favorite sports or playing your favorite games thanks to a 120Hz native refresh rate – the highest native rate for 4K.
- FULL ARRAY DIMMING PRO: Catch every detail. Full Array Dimming Pro's unique dimming zones deliver precise backlight control and an ultra-high contrast ratio for deeper blacks and more vivid colors for an impeccable picture.
- REAL 4K NANOCELL DISPLAY: Bring your favorite shows to life with a billion rich colors. Get deep blacks and enhanced contrast for a more detailed picture with Full Array Dimming.
- A7 GEN 4 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Catch every detail with the smooth, crisp picture brought to you by our a7 Gen 4 AI Processor 4K. It adjusts your viewing and audio settings automatically with AI Picture and AI Sound, while AI 4K Upscaling authentically calibrates every scene.
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: Get breathtaking picture and audio that makes you feel like you're in the action with Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos. See movies exactly how directors intended with Filmmaker Mode. And with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV plus, Disney plus and LG channels, your favorite content is at your fingertips.
- ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY: Stay a step ahead, where milliseconds make all the difference. FreeSync Premium Compatible for real-time action and virtually no tearing coupled with fluid 120Hz refresh rate. Game Optimizer gives you easier access to all your game settings, while the latest HDMI delivers a fast connection. Plus, you'll get low input lag and fast response times with Auto Low-Latency Mode and HGiG.
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT AND ALEXA BUILT IN: There’s no need for an extra device – just ask your TV for music, weather, news, your Amazon shopping list, and more. Plus, conveniently control your connected home and smart devices.
- The Ultimate Flat 4K SUHD Picture powered by the Quantum Dot Color Drive. Fires off a billion more colors than HD TVs for a lifelike picture unlike anything else
- More than just pitch black, get the best shades of black with Triple Black Technology. Never miss a detail in the dark.
- HDR 1000 mirrors the high contrast and vividness the way movie makers intended
- Advanced contrast, color and sharpness for true-to-life image quality with Supreme UHD Dimming
- Smart 2016 - Use one universal remote to switch from Live TV to streaming seamlessly. Easily access everything you want to watch.
- VOICE CONTROL: Use your voice to control your TV and connected devices with built-in support for Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple AirPlay, HomeKit, and many more
- OLED EVO: Our self-lit OLED pixels create beautiful picture quality with infinite contrast, perfect black and over a billion colors, now even brighter
- a9 GEN5 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Make the impossible possible with our latest a9 Gen5 AI Processor 4K, engineered exclusively for LG OLED to automatically adjust your settings to improve picture and sound qualities based on whatever you’re watching
- HOME CINEMA: Get in the action the way directors intended with Filmmaker Mode—and enhance every moment with Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos for the ultimate home theater experience
- ULTIMATE GAMING: Be at the top of your game with NVIDIA G-SYNC, FreeSync Premium and VRR to experience real-time action—plus, the LG Game Optimizer and 4 HDMI 2.1 ports to get you (and keep you) in the action
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD: 4K resolution delivers stunning detail and remarkable visual experience.
- High Dynamic Range: HDR delivers bright and accurate colors for a lifelike viewing experience.
- Google Assistant Built-in: Your TV is more helpful than ever. Use your voice to find movies, stream apps, play music, and control the TV. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, or get personalized recommendations by saying, “what should I watch?” Even get answers like sports scores, control smart home devices, and more. Press the Google Assistant button on the remote to get started.
- What you want to watch, all in one place: Choose from 700,000+ movies and shows from across your favorite apps, intelligently organized just for you. Tune into live shows, curate watchlists, and get recommendations based on what you have watched and what interests you. Finding what to watch has never been easier with TCL Google TV.
- Thousands of Streaming Apps: Enjoy thousands of movies and shows available to stream including sports, news, music, kids and family, food, science and tech, fitness, foreign language and so much more with the Google TV OS.
Projectors have bigger screen sizes as compared to TVs which reveals the greater 3D viewing experience in 3D projectors.
A 3D TV will require a 3D Blu-ray disc player that will cost an extra amount, while projectors are the least expensive.
These projectors are portable as you can carry them easily anywhere due to their compactness in size.
A wide variety of screen sizes is also available for 3D projectors, and you can also customize them as per your need.
The light emitted by TVs can be a torcher to the eyes, but 3D projectors are not complex to the eyes, and you can comfortably watch any content peacefully.
There can be some issues faced in 3D projectors during data transmission if you are unaware of transmission formats.
Although the bulbs used in 3D projectors have years of lifespan, they still need replacement after a certain period. You will be spending extra money on bulb replacement that can prove costly for you.
Best Seller List of 3D Projectors:
- HDR COMPATIBLE: HDR10 technology (with 4K input) enables brigher whites and deeper black levels for an enhanced viewing experience
- FAST RESPONSE TIME: Enhanced Gaming Mode enables lightning-fast response time of 8.4ms with a 120Hz refresh rate
- HIGH BRIGHT & COLORFUL IMAGE: Enjoy an incredible 4,000 lumens of brightness for lights-on viewing; a 6-segment color wheel (RYGCWB) produces accurate color with sRGB & REC.709 color profile
- CLEAR, DETAILED IMAGES: 1080p (1920×1080) resolution (with 4K input) and 50,000:1 contrast ratio renders sharp and detailed images from high definition content without downscaling or compression
- EXTENSIVE CONNECTIVITY: Connect to gaming consoles, media players and other HDMI devices such as Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Apple TV; inputs include dual HDMI (1.4a 3D support)
- FULL HD PROJECTOR: 3D 1080p Projector with ANSI brightness of 2, 200 Lumens, 15, 000: 1 native contrast, premium RGBRGB color wheel and isfccc certified calibration for day/night viewing
- HIGH RESPONSIVENESS: The specialized low input lag of 16ms and unique game modes ensure gamers an ultra-smooth and comprehensive gaming experience
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: Connect to a cable box, Blu-ray player, high-performance gaming PC or console. Inputs and outputs include 2x HDMI, audio-out, 3D Sync port, 12V trigger, USB power.
- SHORTER THROW FOR TIGHT SPACES: easy installation with 60"-180" screens, 1. 3x zoom, vertical lens shift, throw ratio of 1. 15-1. 5 (79"@6. 6ft)
- EXECUTIVE QUALITY PROJECTOR – WXGA resolution (1280x800) offers 2x more resolution than SVGA for a better experience during your presentations, movies, and pictures.
- DESIGNED FOR ANY ENVIRONMENT – With it’s 3, 200 lumens and a high native contrast ratio, enjoy more accurate, vivid color, even in well-lit rooms.
- EXTENDED LAMP LIFE – Up to an impressive 10, 000 hour lamp life, your projector should last over 10 years, even if you give a 2 hour presentation every day.
- BIG PICTURE IN SMALL SPACES – 0. 9 Short throw lens design prevents you from getting blinded by light when giving presentations.
- STANDARD CONNECTIVITY – 2 HDMI ports provide exceptional audio and video quality in one cable; Clear Image Size (Diagonal): 60"to 120"; Image Size: 30" to 300"
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like experience in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive Color technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment
- SHORTER THROW: With a shorter throw lens, this projector can be placed just inches away from a wall or screen to give you a huge image
- REDUCED INPUT LATENCY AND GAME MODE: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming and sports, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Eco Mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
- 【2019 NEW RELEASE Smart Video Projector V5】300 inch Android Smart 3D Projector Support 4K (at HDMI mode only). Wireless Connection for iphone ipad Android Smartphone Tablet. Higher brightness, Vivid colors. Shorter focal distance, 1:1.19 , 2.5m throw 100 inch.
- 【ANDROID SMART OS】Support download and install APPs, watch movies online, play games. Online firmware update.
- 【HIGHER BRIGHTESS & RESOLUTION】Native Resolution: 1280*800 (WVGA) ,Max support 4K via HDMI. Support 3D function(DLP-LINK). LED bulb life: 30000 hours. Brightness: 600 ANSI lumens (3800 lumens)
- 【WIRED or WIRELESS】2.4G & 5G Dual-band WiFi. Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless speakers or other devices. Ethernet port x1, HDMI 2.0 (Max support 4K) x1, USB x2 (Able to read data frim USB hard drive, support mouse and keyboard access), TF Card (max support 32G) x1, 3.5mm Headphone jack (Audio Out ) x1, DC-in 5V/3A.
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDES】3D DLP smart projector x1, FREE 3D glasses x1, Power adapter x1, Power cord x1, Infrared remote control x1, User Manual. 1 Year Warranty, free Replacement.
Are 3D TVs still available in the market?
Since 2019, 3D TVs have stopped being on the market. The companies have stopped manufacturing new 3D TVs at all.
Is it possible to watch 3D pictures without glasses?
Yes, you can watch any kind of 3D content without wearing 3D glasses, but the picture quality will be less than your expectations.
Can 3D movies be displayed on a projector?
To play a 3D movie on a projector, it is compulsory to make sure your projector is compatible with the content. There are various ways to watch 3D content on different projectors. But keep in mind, you can’t play 3D movies on a regular projector as it won’t be able to interpret and read 3D signals for converting into 3D images.
For watching 3D content, is it necessary to have 3D TV?
Definitely, there will be a need for 3D TV to display 3D content on screen. Some other devices such as a 3D Blu-ray disc, player, 3D glasses, and an HDMI cable will be required. These devices are usually compatible with 3D TVs.
There are only minor differences between the 3D projectors and 3D TVs. The major difference is in the pricing and screen size, which is why most people prefer 3D projectors over TV. It means that if you want to watch a 3D movie, it must be on a large screen with adequate 3D quality.
To produce a good 3D effect, 3D TVs are nowhere near 3D projectors, especially regarding the high pricing of TVs. So, it is clearly better to use their projector counterparts.
Last update on 2022-06-27